Microsoft Partners With Spotify in XBOX Game Pass

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102249
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/10/03 22:38:48 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/259777/microsoft-partners-with-spotify-in-xbox-game-pass

Microsoft today announced a new partnership with Spotify for new users of their Xbox Game Pass service.s The new partnership is only open for U.S. and U.K residents, though - anyone else will have to pony up for both services, if interested. In essence, should you upgrade your existing Xbox Live subscription to Xbox Game Pass (either on PC or console), which you can currently do for just $1, you will also get access to Spotify's Premium plan for a long 6 months. Fuel for thought and whatever you feel like doing - just diving into one of the more than 100 entries into Microsoft's Game Pass, or the millions of songs available with Spotify.

I suppose this not too bad of a promotion. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

4 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Microsoft Partners With Spotify in XBOX Game Pass 2019/10/04 03:40:53 (permalink)
    Guess it's not that bad but it's important to know both services would cost $19.98 combined per month after the promotion. Not bad for what you get in the first place as long as streaming music and console gaming are what you enjoy.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Microsoft Partners With Spotify in XBOX Game Pass 2019/10/04 21:14:21 (permalink)
    $20 /month - internet if full of free music .... pass

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Microsoft Partners With Spotify in XBOX Game Pass 2019/10/05 13:54:16 (permalink)
    Console gaming, no thanks! As for music, you can usually jump around the major music streaming companies with free trials... I've been doing this for over a year now. I am currently on a 6 month free period with Spotify, thanks to getting a Note 10+. Honestly, 10 bucks for music streaming is pretty valuable for anyone doing a lot of driving/commuting for work, at least for me it is.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Microsoft Partners With Spotify in XBOX Game Pass 2019/10/05 16:48:13 (permalink)
    I wanted to go back and say that $10 for music you like isn't bad at all. Anyone who buys albums or remembers buying CD's probably dropped more then that in a month. I just also realize some people are ok with listening to ads or have Prime and get the basic streaming that comes with it.

As for console gaming I personally enjoy it but it's because some games just feel right on the TV screen to me. For me side scrollers just feel right on the sofa with a controller in my hand like I was a kid playing NES and SNES games as do sports games. For those few really make the transition to PC anyways but they are still fun to play.
    post edited by Hoggle - 2019/10/05 16:57:58

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile