EVGA

Blizzard devs had ‘a very honest look’ at themselves after Diablo Immortal backlash

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/10/03 09:38:24 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/blizzard-devs-had-a-very-honest-look-at-themselves-after-diablo-immortal-backlash/

Blizzcon 2018 was shaping up to be pretty solid for Blizzard with announcements for WoW Classic’s launch and Warcraft 3 Remastered lined up. Unfortunately, all of that was quickly overshadowed by the Diablo Immortal announcement. Since then, the folks at Blizzard have been doing some soul searching, with the studio’s head speaking on the reaction to the announcement and what should have been done differently.

Diablo Immortal is still going ahead and has had a number of years worth of development time spent on it at this point. 

Hopefully that will change this year. We’ve known through leaks that a true Diablo 4 has been in the works for years but has undergone some significant changes along the way. Perhaps at BlizzCon this year we’ll finally get to see it. Rumour has it that the first trailer was originally supposed to debut at last year’s event, which may have something to do with the messy way that Immortal was presented to the world without any accompanying news for the core Diablo audience.

Blizzard in my opinion needs to stay true to its roots and get Diablo on track. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

4 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Blizzard devs had ‘a very honest look’ at themselves after Diablo Immortal backlash 2019/10/03 10:31:23 (permalink)
    In a way I think Blizzard became to sure that they do everything right and that they just have a fanbase that will buy anything they announce. That was true 15 years ago. With the release of Diablo 3 they really showed how badly they could have a launch go. The auction house and monsters that could spawn immortal was just horrible. Luckily it was fixed but damage was done then World of Warcraft has had some bad expansions as proof by Blizzard offering the option to just pay to level up so people don't have to worry about you know playing the game and grinding. That is a sign the game has a flaw when people would rather pay then play it.

In now way do I want to sound like I hate Blizzard since they still are a great company with support for games that lasts decades after release and every game has a nice attention to detail. It's just that the studio should be releasing a Warcraft 4 or Star Craft 3 by now. Even a Overwatch 2 should be in the works by now.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Blizzard devs had ‘a very honest look’ at themselves after Diablo Immortal backlash 2019/10/03 11:09:10 (permalink)
    Yep, they've lost a lot of good people and lost a ton of good ideas..... if they can't do something truly innovative with Diablo , they need to let it rest.
     Maybe do some true map/ story expansions that work inside the current game /engine at a more palatable pricing structure for consumers.
    Offshoot characters / side realms inside the Diablo world, if you want to say . 

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Blizzard devs had ‘a very honest look’ at themselves after Diablo Immortal backlash 2019/10/07 09:53:21 (permalink)
    Whenever you have to put "honest" in quotes, it's probably not. 
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Blizzard devs had ‘a very honest look’ at themselves after Diablo Immortal backlash 2019/10/07 19:55:53 (permalink)
    Blizzard problem is they sold out to Activision.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile