EVGA

Infinity Ward attempts to smooth things over following Spec Ops survival exclusivity

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102300
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/09/29 01:34:20 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/infinity-ward-attempts-to-smooth-things-over-following-spec-ops-survival-exclusivity-announcement/

Earlier this week, we learned quite a bit about Activision’s plans for exclusive PS4 content in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The publisher won some points earlier by implementing full cross-platform multiplayer and opting to give all platforms new maps at the same time. However, the downside is that Spec Ops survival mode is going to be exclusive to PS4 for almost a full year instead. Players on other platforms have been making their voices heard in the wake of this news, so Infinity Ward is attempting to smooth things over. Taylor Kurosaki, Infinity Ward’s narrative director, replied to one fan saying that while the studio does its best to give players the best experience possible, there are “decisions that are above all of our pay grades that have to be considered”. When another concerned Call of Duty player made the point that customers “should get more info about why decisions like this are made”, Kurosaki acknowledged that as being a “good point”, before adding that the studio has tried its best “to have an open dialogue” from day one and understands “letting that trust down”.

The key takeaway from Kurosaki’s tweets is that exclusivity decisions are made at the publisher level and the developers behind these projects don’t necessarily agree with them or get a say.

In a more official statement, Infinity Ward’s communications manager, Ashton Williams, posted a statement on the Modern Warfare subreddit: “To be clear, our all-new Special Ops mode will be releasing on all platforms on October 25th. We’re looking forward to revealing Special Ops on October 8th. When we launch on October 25th, everyone on all platforms will be getting Modern Warfare which includes Campaign, the all-new Special Ops mode and the entirety of Multiplayer, which is a massive experience we’ve worked to create. Special Ops Survival is an additional, classic mode that will be available on PS4”. “We have made many changes this year with the goal to make the entire experience better for all of the Call of Duty community, including no season pass, crossplay across all platforms, and that all post-release maps and modes will be coming to all platforms at the same time. We understand that some may still be disappointed to not be able to play classic Special Ops Survival day one, we hear you. Please know that we are working hard to make sure this is the best Call of Duty we’ve ever made and the best experience possible for fans.”

Personally I am not a fan of any exclusivity agreements. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

4 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31000
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Infinity Ward attempts to smooth things over following Spec Ops survival exclusivity 2019/10/01 17:41:55 (permalink)
    They had their reasons to go after the PS4 market .... seems the PC segment is still getting a good amount of game

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Infinity Ward attempts to smooth things over following Spec Ops survival exclusivity 2019/10/02 00:38:08 (permalink)
    Exclusive deals are completely anti-competitive, but in an industry with VERY little (if any) regulation we are going to continue to see these deals for the foreseeable future. I really don't personally care about this one, because I probably wont even buy this game (been burnt far too much by Activision in the past).
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Infinity Ward attempts to smooth things over following Spec Ops survival exclusivity 2019/10/02 05:17:07 (permalink)
    I also agree that exclusivity is crud - BUT-  It's only a small part of like 32 other modes ...so not really an issue

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    JPSHRACER1486
    • Total Posts : 100
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Infinity Ward attempts to smooth things over following Spec Ops survival exclusivity 2019/10/03 12:27:52 (permalink)
    Not happy about this Call of Duty Modern Warfare Survival game mode exclusivity on PlayStation 4 for a whole year until October 2020.

Apple App Store - Penguin Jump World (United States Only currently):
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/penguin-jump-world/id1470686231
    Graphic Design, Level Design and Music by myself. Buildbox game engine licensed.
    https://jpshracer.com

Keep Moving Forward - Walt Disney
    Xbox and PC Gamer!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile