PLS EVGA look into this issue

Author
yiw679
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/09/25 21:51:32 (permalink)
The crackling/sound or music drop out/constant electric noise

There's more than a few of us having this problem right now. 

I've heard that it's because of AMD 3rd gen processor and the motherboard, but the newest driver was supposed to fix that right?

My setup:

Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI X570 MB

Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

Things I have tried:

Completely reinstall the driver

Completely reinstall Win10, even removing all my files permanently(Luckily this is my new build)

Disable any possible power saving options I could ever thought of

Messing around with Realtek on board drivers (I didnt even install it after reinstalling Win10 again)

etc.

YET nothing's changed. It sounds good, but its TRULY awful when your sound would just randomly drop out and there is this pu-pu-pu like noise going on constantly. 

17 Replies Related Threads

viki80
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/25 23:03:39 (permalink)
    My current asmedia driver 1.16.58.1 date 14.06.2019 it work fine with my 3900 gigabyte x570
    yiw679
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/25 23:58:15 (permalink)
    Same exact driver so why mine's not working quite well
    _JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 06:23:05 (permalink)
    Hi yiw679!

What is the default sampling rate when you install the Nu audio driver?

Have you tested more than one set of speakers/headset?

How many other PCIe devices are installed in your system?

full system specs would be helpful.

neightsta
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 10:21:07 (permalink)
    It's not only with AMD configs, it did the same to me with my Intel 6850K & Gigabyte Phoenix SLI.
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 11:43:42 (permalink)
    I'll have our team continue to look into this.  In another thread we suggested to try disabling power saving features in the motherboard BIOS to see if it helps.  Seems you've done that, however.

Can you list the rest of your system specs?  Is the crackling/noise constant or intermittent?  Does the audio drop out randomly, or when you open or launch something, like an application or game?

Any details you can provide can help us to test this better.

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 12:44:37 (permalink)
    You could attempt a BIOS update on that board, the X570 just had a BIOS update for pretty much all manufactures on 9/18/2019. 

Not sure if you have the MSI Carbon PRO model or not, but here's the BIOS for that one:
    https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-X570-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-WIFI

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

neightsta
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 14:04:19 (permalink)
    BIOS updates, power saving features, none of that have any impact. The drivers need to be revamped from the ground up, they're leveraging the same system resources as a USB 3 controller...when you move the mouse, the issues begin, if you move the mouse rapidly (such as in gaming) it completely cuts out. Updating to a 3rd party controller driver provides marginal improvement only.

Also tested:

• Turning off USB power options from Device Manager.
    • Adjusting the ASIO Buffer size & Turning Safe Mode on/off
    • Adjusting AHCI/XHCI modes (BIOS)
    • Adjusting polling rate of the mouse (Razer Software)
    • Using different PCIe (x16, x8, even x1) slots
    • Using different power cables (still direct PSU > SATA, no MOLEX adapter, ever)
    • Using every version of the NU Audio driver software
    No change.

ceco2000
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 14:23:28 (permalink)
    Updating the BIOS will not solve the problem. Now I will give you an example with my configuration that has the same manifestations.

Everything happens when I set a sample rate of 32/96000, several times a day, not even surfing the net or listening to music. I changed to 24/96000 and for now the problem has been occurring once in almost a week. But if Viber is used, Skype shows up on a daily basis, these are my personal observations. I use the card to listen from an external source, that is, Line IN works daily.
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 14:51:39 (permalink)
    Skype may have internal limitations on the maximum supported bit-depth and sample rate you can select, which might be what's causing issues there.  For Viber, you may also encounter the same sort of limitation.  However, did you set the NU Audio as the main input/output device? 

You listed those applications, but do you have issues in other apps?

Ultimately, I think this is a different issue than the one described by the OP and neightsa.
    ceco2000
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 16:03:05 (permalink)
    I do not agree, the problem may also be caused by the currently used browser. I just gave examples in my previous post.
    yiw679
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 18:01:54 (permalink)
    My complete setup:

Ryzen 7 3700X stock cooler
    eVGA RTX2080 Ti XC Ultra
    MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
    Corsair RGB Pro DDR4 3200MHz 32Gb(16Gb x 2)
    WD Black 500GB NVMe Gen3 500Gb (with Win10 Education 1903 OS build 18362.356 installed)
    Samsung EVO 1TB
    eVGA G3 Gold 850W power supply
    eVGA Nu Audio Card
    Plus my NZXT chasis, RGB fans and LED strips (and How To Train Your Dragon Funko Pop lmao)

I am powering the NU Audio card using the same SATA cable that is also powering the case RGB and my Samsung SSD
    I am plugging in my Edifier Active NF bookshelf speaker through RCA AND Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro headset at the same time. 

For other USB ports I have a Filco MK and Logitech G Pro wireless dongle connected
    yiw679
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 18:19:30 (permalink)
    As for my issue specifically, it happens under almost any circumstances, some are described below:

listen to musics using Spotify Win10 client or Amazon Prime music online
    Watch videos and live streams on Youtube or any other streaming and video websites
    Play Monster Hunter World and League of Legends

When I change the volume using Win10's volume control, it crackles as well

The drop out happens randomly, does not matter if I move my mouse or click on anything at all. It goes out randomly even when I just sitting still enjoying my lunch. The frequency is about once per every 5 secs(See? thats why its so annoying)
    The crackling sound/electric noise goes on constantly as well. More frequent when I just started playing, less frequent later on. (Drop out is still happening at the same rate)

yiw679
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 18:26:00 (permalink)
    I only have two available PCIE slots and I have tried them both. I didn't bother using another SATA power cable just for the Nu audio as I dont have much space left in the back of my case. However if someone report that this would make it better then I'll definitely try it. 

These are all the details I can think of right now, will add more later on to help debugging. I really DO prefer Audio Card over external AMP+DAC. 
    yiw679
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/26 22:56:50 (permalink)
    Just noticed something. I am playing music while playing LOL. The issues all go away as soon as I get into matches. They were still there when selecting champions(or on desktop). As soon as I am in the game and the screen is maximized to fullscreen, the sound turned absolutely normal, but only until the game has ended. 
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/27 04:07:28 (permalink)
    yiw679
    I only have two available PCIE slots and I have tried them both. I didn't bother using another SATA power cable just for the Nu audio as I dont have much space left in the back of my case. However if someone report that this would make it better then I'll definitely try it. 

These are all the details I can think of right now, will add more later on to help debugging. I really DO prefer Audio Card over external AMP+DAC. 

We do usually recommend to have the NU Audio Card on a separate cable, but there's no doomsday scenario expected if the cable does share connections with other devices.  The thought is that you want to keep as much potential noise or other power-related problems away from the card by keeping the cables separate.  It's worth a shot to test, but I won't tell you that I would expect this to be the reason you're having an issue.

yiw679
    Just noticed something. I am playing music while playing LOL. The issues all go away as soon as I get into matches. They were still there when selecting champions(or on desktop). As soon as I am in the game and the screen is maximized to fullscreen, the sound turned absolutely normal, but only until the game has ended. 

See, that suggests to me that there might be some sort of a power-related problem, in that LoL kicks the system up (even if it's not the most demanding game) a bit higher in usage.  However, you also mentioned this issue occurs with Monster Hunter: World.  Do you still run into this problem in MHW if you run it in fullscreen mode or similar?
    yiw679
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/27 10:54:13 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    yiw679

We do usually recommend to have the NU Audio Card on a separate cable, but there's no doomsday scenario expected if the cable does share connections with other devices.  The thought is that you want to keep as much potential noise or other power-related problems away from the card by keeping the cables separate.  It's worth a shot to test, but I won't tell you that I would expect this to be the reason you're having an issue.

yiw679

See, that suggests to me that there might be some sort of a power-related problem, in that LoL kicks the system up (even if it's not the most demanding game) a bit higher in usage.  However, you also mentioned this issue occurs with Monster Hunter: World.  Do you still run into this problem in MHW if you run it in fullscreen mode or similar?

Thats the weirdest part. MHW in fullscreen mode DOES have all the issues I said, even if I overclock and put it on highest settings. I am pretty sure all my motherboard's power saving features are off, as well as the ones in windows device manager.
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: PLS EVGA look into this issue 2019/09/27 11:44:23 (permalink)
    yiw679
    EVGATech_LeeM
    yiw679

yiw679

Thats the weirdest part. MHW in fullscreen mode DOES have all the issues I said, even if I overclock and put it on highest settings. I am pretty sure all my motherboard's power saving features are off, as well as the ones in windows device manager.

Exactly.  That's what I find strange about it too.  Either way, this is right now their top priority in investigating.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile