EVGA

Is the NU free of problems now ?

Author
McCracken
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/09/25 09:01:43 (permalink)
Sold my STX II while back cause the mic input is total crap, volume was way to low and when boosted with non official software quality was really bad. A shame cause the sound from STX II was excellent. Currently using realtek onboard hooked up to a denon amp using jack.

Right now im considering two options.

1. Audiolab m-one amp + realtek using spdif or USB.

2. EVGA NU + an amp using RCA(not sure wich amp, plenty of good options)

But after reading on the forum about a whole bunch of issues with EVGA NU, like sound suddenly not working when switching between browser and media players. No sound after standby/sleep etc, im not to sure NU is a safe way to go.

All i want is a problem free, great sounding stereo experience that has LOW latency. And a propper mic input.

Im using a pair if B&W 685 speakers, dont care about the headset amp part.

Any suggestions ?

Sorry for wall of text :/

12 Replies Related Threads

viki80
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/25 18:52:50 (permalink)
    You can give it a try. It is very good for music. I am using marantz amp with kef q350.
    McCracken
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/25 23:21:53 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply.
    I can give it a try, yes....

To the point of the post, have you experienced any issues with the card.?
    viki80
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/25 23:48:52 (permalink)
    I did had loud cracking sound. Reinstall win10 still had the cracking sound. Cant use it for a month. Then one day i install win10 1903 with the august patch and suddenly the cracking sound is gone.
    Maybe ryzen 3000 user need the latest patch.
    neightsta
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/26 13:55:23 (permalink)
    Still issues with cutting out and crackling/popping when moving the mouse. It somehow has conflicts with the ASMedia USB controller...as a PCIe sound card...Drivers are far from where they need to be...
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/26 14:11:33 (permalink)
    McCracken
    Sold my STX II while back cause the mic input is total crap, volume was way to low and when boosted with non official software quality was really bad. A shame cause the sound from STX II was excellent. Currently using realtek onboard hooked up to a denon amp using jack.

But after reading on the forum about a whole bunch of issues with EVGA NU, like sound suddenly not working when switching between browser and media players. No sound after standby/sleep etc, im not to sure NU is a safe way to go.

All i want is a problem free, great sounding stereo experience that has LOW latency. And a propper mic input.

Any suggestions ?

It seems that the most reported issues recently are related to systems using the AMD Ryzen Gen 3 processors and/or the latest Windows 10 updates.  We are looking into this.  These issues do not occur with Ryzen Gen 2 processors (even on the same motherboard), so there's definitely something that affects USB behavior with the newer CPUs.

Standby/sleep issues should be fixed via the latest drivers.

Beyond that, there is the odd issue here and there that we'll do our best to reproduce and fix.
    neightsta
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/26 14:13:36 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    McCracken

Any suggestions ?

It seems that the most reported issues recently are related to systems using the AMD Ryzen Gen 3 processors and/or the latest Windows 10 updates.  We are looking into this.

Beyond that, there is the odd issue here and there that we'll do our best to reproduce and fix.

It's affecting almost all systems with the ASMedia USB 3.0 controller, not exclusive to AMD...both my 2011-v3 systems have the same issue, my 1151 system does not.
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/26 14:54:53 (permalink)
    neightsta
    EVGATech_LeeM
    McCracken

Any suggestions ?

It seems that the most reported issues recently are related to systems using the AMD Ryzen Gen 3 processors and/or the latest Windows 10 updates.  We are looking into this.

It's affecting almost all systems with the ASMedia USB 3.0 controller, not exclusive to AMD...both my 2011-v3 systems have the same issue, my 1151 system does not.

Which motherboards specifically, if you don't mind?  I've used a NU Audio on several X99 boards here without issue.
    neightsta
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/26 15:01:23 (permalink)
    Does not work properly and has the issue on:

> Gigabyte Phoenix SLI 
    > MSI X99S X POWER AC

Works fine on:

> Asus Maximus XI Hero Wifi (No ASMedia controller)

I have not yet tested on my Asus Maximus XI CODE (does have ASmedia). I get the CPU for that box today/tomorrow and will test just to confirm before I send it back just to help everyone else out.

EVGA_Lee
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/26 15:09:15 (permalink)
    neightsta
    Does not work properly and has the issue on:

> Gigabyte Phoenix SLI 
    > MSI X99S X POWER AC

Works fine on:

> Asus Maximus XI Hero Wifi (No ASMedia controller)

I have not yet tested on my Asus Maximus XI CODE (does have ASmedia). I get the CPU for that box today/tomorrow and will test just to confirm before I send it back just to help everyone else out.

Appreciate the help.

Kodi41
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/09/26 17:33:02 (permalink)
    ah, so this is a software based card? thanks evga, but, I wont be making a purchase of this card. Build this in a stand alone and I might buy it.

Disregard my post asking this question.

Sorry should have read the threads.

McCracken
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/10/01 03:08:48 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies.
    Based on this forum and post elsewhere i have decided not to buy the evga NU now.
    It seems there are basic driver issues with this product, im not spending 200-250$ on a soundcard with this kind of problems. It is a shame really, cause the card has some really nice components but looks like it is let down by crappy software.
    neightsta
    Re: Is the NU free of problems now ? 2019/10/07 12:14:28 (permalink)
    Just tested this with my new build...Intel 9900KF + Asus Maximus XI Code...same issue as before, when moving the mouse it cuts out after a certain amount of time. Conflict with the ASMedia USB controller. Sending back to EVGA for a refund today. So sad... 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile