Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
fantoc1
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/09/14 08:58:52 (permalink)
HI guys, 

2 days ago I have received the RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid card and was shocked at the noise the pump was making from day one. I googled around and found this forum with countless people complaining about the same issue. I only wish I had thought about googling some "possible issues" before buying the card... That noise is unbearable when IDLE (somehow masked when under load) and I won't live with it. I can still return the card and get a refund, but wanted to ask this here before I do as I really like the performance so here it goes (my first post).

Before I ask for a refund what are the Options to remedy the situation:
  1. I have found the Magnet trick - won't be doing that
  2. I have found that a custom cable that connects it to MOBO, can reduce the pump down and eliminate the noise? Is this proven? If so what cable is it? Is there some details on this?
  3. I looked up possible other AOI replacements
    • Is the EVGA Hybrid Kit that sells separately essentially the same kit that comes with the card? Does it use the same noisy pump or a different pump / revision?
    • Does the Kraken G12 fits this card? If it does how to find out what AIO fits the board?
    • Is there other AIO solutions out there?
  4. Is this version of card the same as a Reference card in terms of PCB layout?
  5. Then there's a custom water loop, which I don't think I'll be doing?
Can anyone shed some light on the above? I am inclined to go with the Kraken G12 if someone can confirm it will fit on this version of card? Possibly with Kraken X42?

Is there anything else I can try / have missed?

Any and all thoughts are very much appreciated.
post edited by fantoc1 - 2019/09/14 09:04:36
DeadlyMercury
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 422
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/14 09:27:28 (permalink)
I am in same situation, but I was aware about that before I bought and still think that it is a good card.
I had asus strix before, but something happened with that.

So the easiest solution is to connect pump to motherboard. You need cable that can connect to GPU fan (4pin) and to the fan header on the motherboard. I tried to find some locally - but no luck, so ordered one at amazon and waiting it right now. You can try search local shops or something else. Like that one:

I don't know how exactly it works (because still waiting my cable), but understand that pump can be controlled via PWM if it has 4 wires or via voltage if it has 2 or 3 wires. There is video about this fix in this thread:
forums.evga.com/Installing-4Pin-PWM-Connector-to-4Pin-Mini-GPU-Fan-Connector-to-reduce-coil-whine-m2992489.aspx

Btw check that your pump sounds like in video: sound could be different if you have air in pump, and to run it from pump you need to place radiator above card and also pointed upward like in manual. I tried to play with that and if you place radiator upside down or if you place is under card - air will get in pump really fast and the sound is really horrible :)
Also you can contact support and ask them to control pump. They are saying "no you can do that", we all did it :) But maybe, just maybe, someday they will say "ok, we now know that this feature is asked many times, lets do this in new vbios" :))

PCB design is not same, so if you want to watercool it - you need to search waterblock for ftw3, not for reference card.

Also I have a question about your card: how radiator fan work on your card? Mine is getting near 100% RPM at 50-52C and I think it is too loud.
post edited by DeadlyMercury - 2019/09/14 09:41:23

"An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them."
Stephen Fry
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/14 10:39:02 (permalink)
fantoc1
HI guys, 

2 days ago I have received the RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid card and was shocked at the noise the pump was making from day one. I googled around and found this forum with countless people complaining about the same issue. I only wish I had thought about googling some "possible issues" before buying the card... That noise is unbearable when IDLE (somehow masked when under load) and I won't live with it. I can still return the card and get a refund, but wanted to ask this here before I do as I really like the performance so here it goes (my first post).

Before I ask for a refund what are the Options to remedy the situation:
  1. I have found the Magnet trick - won't be doing that
  2. I have found that a custom cable that connects it to MOBO, can reduce the pump down and eliminate the noise? Is this proven? If so what cable is it? Is there some details on this?
  3. I looked up possible other AOI replacements
    • Is the EVGA Hybrid Kit that sells separately essentially the same kit that comes with the card? Does it use the same noisy pump or a different pump / revision?
    • Does the Kraken G12 fits this card? If it does how to find out what AIO fits the board?
    • Is there other AIO solutions out there?
  4. Is this version of card the same as a Reference card in terms of PCB layout?
  5. Then there's a custom water loop, which I don't think I'll be doing?
Can anyone shed some light on the above? I am inclined to go with the Kraken G12 if someone can confirm it will fit on this version of card? Possibly with Kraken X42?

Is there anything else I can try / have missed?

Any and all thoughts are very much appreciated.

1.  I wouldn't recommend that either.

2. Yes, that picture above is the header on the right, used for the pump and the header on the left, is the one used for the MB PWM header. It's that simple but not sure if this pump is only voltage controlled but either way, the MB header should still control it regardless. 

If this doesn't satisfy you, than I would recommend the Kraken G12 route with a 240mm rad.  Don't forget to save the EVGA Hyrbid in case you need to RMA your GPU down the road.  Needs to be in original condition before being returned in or the warranty will be voided.  

3.  Kraken G12 + 240mm AIO or any other compatible AIO will work for this GPU.

4.  No it's not.  This is considered a custom PCB, not a reference.

5.  You could go that route.  Have a look at this video to get you started on the basics.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/14 13:25:24 (permalink)
DeadlyMercury
I am in same situation, but I was aware about that before I bought and still think that it is a good card.
I had asus strix before, but something happened with that.

So the easiest solution is to connect pump to motherboard. You need cable that can connect to GPU fan (4pin) and to the fan header on the motherboard. I tried to find some locally - but no luck, so ordered one at amazon and waiting it right now. You can try search local shops or something else. Like that one:

I don't know how exactly it works (because still waiting my cable), but understand that pump can be controlled via PWM if it has 4 wires or via voltage if it has 2 or 3 wires. There is video about this fix in this thread:
forums.evga.com/Installing-4Pin-PWM-Connector-to-4Pin-Mini-GPU-Fan-Connector-to-reduce-coil-whine-m2992489.aspx

Btw check that your pump sounds like in video: sound could be different if you have air in pump, and to run it from pump you need to place radiator above card and also pointed upward like in manual. I tried to play with that and if you place radiator upside down or if you place is under card - air will get in pump really fast and the sound is really horrible :)
Also you can contact support and ask them to control pump. They are saying "no you can do that", we all did it :) But maybe, just maybe, someday they will say "ok, we now know that this feature is asked many times, lets do this in new vbios" :))

PCB design is not same, so if you want to watercool it - you need to search waterblock for ftw3, not for reference card.

Also I have a question about your card: how radiator fan work on your card? Mine is getting near 100% RPM at 50-52C and I think it is too loud.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S4L41TN

Nice one on Amazon, you can flatten out the wires and clamp it right on the shrink sleeving where the cable would normally come out of the card between the hoses, then plug it into the nearest header directly.  I'm running mine around 6V at idle and 10.5V under load.
fantoc1
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/14 15:32:48 (permalink)
Thanks guys for your replies.
I am going to give the CABLE a try to see how it goes.
So for clarification purposes
Is this the correct cable that I need - 
This plugs (small mini gpu side into the GPU header and the larger one into MOBO)? Is this the only modification needed to eliminate the noise?
What do you do with the cable that you unplug from the GPU in order to plug the new one in? Never had a GPU open so simply don't know.
How do I control the fan that's cooling the VRM's on the card? If possible?
Can I control the rad fan at all somehow?

Should I be sorted just by getting that one cable?

@DeadlyMercury - I had not yet pushed the card hard enough to get the temps more than 48C. Need to run some benchmarks and will let you know what the story with the fan is.
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/14 17:33:07 (permalink)
fantoc1
Thanks guys for your replies.
I am going to give the CABLE a try to see how it goes.
So for clarification purposes
Is this the correct cable that I need - 
This plugs (small mini gpu side into the GPU header and the larger one into MOBO)? Is this the only modification needed to eliminate the noise?
What do you do with the cable that you unplug from the GPU in order to plug the new one in? Never had a GPU open so simply don't know.
How do I control the fan that's cooling the VRM's on the card? If possible?
Can I control the rad fan at all somehow?

Should I be sorted just by getting that one cable?

@DeadlyMercury - I had not yet pushed the card hard enough to get the temps more than 48C. Need to run some benchmarks and will let you know what the story with the fan is.

Refer to this document as to what to expect:

https://www.evga.com/Support/manuals/files/400-HY-1484-B1.pdf

The wire with the red arrow in steps 7 & 8 is the four wire connector that goes to the PCB header.  This carries 12V/ground for the fan and pump, also the PWM and tach signal for the fan.  There is no tach or PWM for the pump, in the stock configuration it runs at full 12V.  By connecting directly to the MB, you can change it's speed by undervolting it, but won't get a speed reading.  You will also lose the ability to control your rad fan off the board, but you can plug the fan in directly to the GPU header using another adapter cable, basically the opposite of the pump adapter cable, or run it off the MB. The VRM fan should not be effected and can be controlled from gpu software.

Here the other adapter cable I tried for the fan to board:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q5BTTDX

I would get crashes with full fan speed under load so I connected the fans (push pull noctua A12) directly to the MB.  Come to think of it, the fan connector on this was bit dodgy and I used a ziptie to mate it securely, I may have had a weak connection on it that wasn't supporting full current, so maybe I'll look into that further.
mrshrir
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/15 04:25:50 (permalink)
would love to see pics or a video of someone installing this cable for the pump, if it arrives soon, would you mind taking pictures or a video ? 
DeadlyMercury
iCX Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/17 04:28:48 (permalink)
So here comes the pics :)
As I said, you don't need to unscrew all screws and to remove backplate like somebody did on video; shroud screwed with 10 screws (AND LED cable! don't forget that!), there is no screws that screw shroud through radiator or something like that:

Also you can remove back bracket: I did removed shroud with bracket, but failed to install it back, so... To unmount it you need 2 screws on top (which also for shroud so you will unscrew it anyway) and 4 screws at bracket itself:

So under shroud you can see that there is 2 wires comes from pump, one is for rad fans and one is pump and fans power:

And VRM fan cable coming through VRM radiator to left connector:

So it is really hard to do something wrong here.
I don't need rad fan header, so I can hide it around pump:

And pull pump power cable forward:

So there is enough length to come around VRM rad:

And there is enough room for this wire and maybe 2-3 more...

Final look:

And yes, pump can be controlled via dc only, not pwm: but pwm signal pass through to rad fan header, thats why EVGA claims that you can't control pump over X1 or somehow else: DC will also affect rad fans in that case, also I don't know if DC control even possible on VGA card.

And you need to check your pump start voltage or % control: I don't know what is 0% - is it 5v or 7v, but in my case pump starts at 54% and can work at lower voltage (30%), but that is dangerous: if your pump will stop for some reasons - It will not start, and if your pump is stopped - gpu temperature rises very fast. So you can use this as an indicator, is pump running or not: because it's not reporting it own speed. If your pump is stop - temperatures will rise fast and right after pump start they will drop fast too.
As for me - I guess 60% is enough: I can hear pump if I open case and place it near me even on 30% (while my ryujin pump runs really silent), but in normal operations I can't hear that on 60% even if my fans on silent mode (300-400 rpm).
So there is one question left: how to control pump? Well, I don't know :) I am using Asus AI suite to control fans, but its vendor locked and don't want to show me gpu temp :( I placed thermal sensor near gpu under backplate, but this method a bit slow: your gpu can reach 80 while sensor shows 50-60 and it take long time to cool down when gpu is cold already. 
post edited by DeadlyMercury - 2019/09/17 05:01:19

Stephen Fry
fantoc1
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/17 10:23:19 (permalink)
So are you able to control the pump at all with this mod?
I thought that cable was to give you access to the pump?
Did the noise get any better with it or nah?
DeadlyMercury
iCX Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/17 11:45:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby fantoc1 2019/09/18 05:12:02
Yes, you can control pump with this mod, this is its purpose. I just don't know how to control in in auto based on gpu temp.
Noise is much better. Here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PvPTQe0cbM

I can hear pump under my normal profile and it is loud (if window is closed) under silent profile. Mic is placed inside case near GPU, so you can clearly hear how sound changes and at 50% you can hear both pump and fans (400 rpm). As for me - 60% is silent and 80% is good enough.

Stephen Fry
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30974
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/17 11:53:44 (permalink)
Are you sure it is the Pump & not "Coil Whine" ?

FAQ

How do I troubleshoot Hybrid or CLC Pump Noise?

Where & how did you mount radiator in relation to the GPU ?

What Case are you using & where is it located ?  (floor, desk top ....)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

DeadlyMercury
iCX Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/17 12:23:21 (permalink)
>> Are you sure it is the Pump & not "Coil Whine" ?
Yes, 100%. It is high rpm noise, not coil whine.

>> Where & how did you mount radiator in relation to the GPU ?
i.imgur.com/eKNa3c6.png

>> What Case are you using & where is it located ?  (floor, desk top ....)
Floor - pump still audible and annoying in quiet environment.
But still - there is nothing to do with that on current cards. You need some PWM controlled pump to fix this issue, not vbios update or something. So it must be new revision.

Stephen Fry
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30974
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/17 12:32:17 (permalink)
@ DeadlyMercury --->    Sorry for the Confusion ... that Post/ Questions was for the OP ---> fantoc1

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

mrshrir
Superclocked Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/17 13:27:05 (permalink)
download this program called ARGUS MONITOR, allows you to control pump power according to percentage 
DeadlyMercury
iCX Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/17 16:05:58 (permalink)
But this program both can't work with AI Suite and can't control ryujin socket fan.

Stephen Fry
mrshrir
Superclocked Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/17 16:07:53 (permalink)
I dont know, ive seen it allows you to change pump percentage if you dont have the option on your motherboard, i dont think you can change pump speed according to gpu load, only by cpu or motherboard temps. 
fantoc1
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/18 05:13:35 (permalink)
DeadlyMercury
Yes, you can control pump with this mod, this is its purpose. I just don't know how to control in in auto based on gpu temp.
Noise is much better. Here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PvPTQe0cbM

I can hear pump under my normal profile and it is loud (if window is closed) under silent profile. Mic is placed inside case near GPU, so you can clearly hear how sound changes and at 50% you can hear both pump and fans (400 rpm). As for me - 60% is silent and 80% is good enough.

I can hear it there on that video when the refrigerator type of sound changes, which is what I want as I can't stand it?
Are you running it at 60% or 80%?
What are the load temps at on these %'s like?

I will be getting the cable that this has worked.
fantoc1
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/18 05:16:39 (permalink)
Cool GTX
@ DeadlyMercury --->    Sorry for the Confusion ... that Post/ Questions was for the OP ---> fantoc1

Ye bro it's not coil whine. It's that same noise everyone has been complaining about.
Sick of it, should not be present on a 1500€ card.

Will be doing the "cable" mod and if not happy will probably go the Kraken G12 route as my rig was built to be silent.

QUESTIONS
  1. does anyone know if it's possible to keep the hybrid heatsinks on the card with the g12 or the bracket won't fit?
  2. does anyone know if it's possible just to replace the AOI for let's say the NZXT and keep the heatsinks and the original hybrid shroud on the card?
DeadlyMercury
iCX Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/18 06:08:31 (permalink)
fantoc1

I can hear it there on that video when the refrigerator type of sound changes, which is what I want as I can't stand it?
Are you running it at 60% or 80%?
What are the load temps at on these %'s like?

I am running it based on thermal sensor under backplate near gpu right now, minimum level is 54% for my silent profile and 64% for my normal profile (and 100% both for noisy and full). I customised both levels by can I hear pump above fans at idle or not. But if gpu starts to heat - pump will increase its rpm up to 100% @65C on probe. So I decrease pump rpm only for idle or very low load.

As for load temperatures - it is more complicated in my case because I also control radiator fan speed via same thermal probe and it takes time to warm up and speed up fans - but I checked yesterday that I didn't crossed 75c even on silent profile (gpu fans at about 800-1100 rpm, max should be 1500 rpm and 70 on thermal probe), so I guess it WORKSFORME :) VRM and memory was cold. Anyway now my setup works cooler and quiter than asus strix card.

I didn't tested yet how pump affect gpu temperature, I just tested that it is not huge difference: I started furmark on low pump speed and full fans and later switched pump to 100% - temp started falling down, but very very slowly.

Stephen Fry
DeadlyMercury
iCX Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/18 13:21:13 (permalink)
UPD I did little test in furmark on 100% fan RPM (2x Noctua Industrial) - 58C for 100% pump and 59C for 50% :)

Stephen Fry
mrshrir
Superclocked Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/18 14:19:36 (permalink)
i intend to run the pump at 60-70% constantly
ikeike
  • Total Posts : 71
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/18 23:20:53 (permalink)
i just returned the hyrbid card and got an aircooled one, ridiculous what we have to go through after paying 1500 USD for a card. I am still to hear someone from evga coming out and commenting about this whole issue instead of just ignoring everyone's problems.
Doctorock
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/22 23:59:01 (permalink)
@ikeike

What store did you buy the card from, and what was the return process like/ what did you tell them? I picked up this card from Newegg and am honestly terrified now that ive found out they do not do refunds/exchanges on opened GPUs, and going by people's descriptions I'm afraid the noise is going to be completely unbearable .
post edited by Doctorock - 2019/09/23 00:07:01
ikeike
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/23 00:19:05 (permalink)
Doctorock
@ikeike

What store did you buy the card from, and what was the return process like/ what did you tell them? I picked up this card from Newegg and am honestly terrified now that ive found out they do not do refunds/exchanges on opened GPUs, and going by people's descriptions I'm afraid the noise is going to be completely unbearable .

I bought it from newegg . Process is easy, they have a 1 month refund policy, i told them that the card is advertised on their site "Next Gen Pump offers quieter operation", told them that's not the case with my card as it sounds like a refrigerator. They sent me a label and i forwarded it back, absolutely free of charge (international shipping). They process your refund in like 3-5 working days. Ordered the air-cooled version in parallel. 

If you return your gpu the way it was when you received it you should have no issues. 
post edited by ikeike - 2019/09/23 00:24:00
Doctorock
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/23 00:29:27 (permalink)
On neweggs site the card is listed as "exchange for identical item only, no refunds" did they say the same thing to you at any point?

Also; international shipping? Are you in the EU where there's actual consumer protection laws regarding this stuff? 
post edited by Doctorock - 2019/09/23 00:31:56
ikeike
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/09/23 06:20:57 (permalink)
Doctorock
On neweggs site the card is listed as "exchange for identical item only, no refunds" did they say the same thing to you at any point?

Also; international shipping? Are you in the EU where there's actual consumer protection laws regarding this stuff? 

I am in Dubai, middle east. If the item is defected or is falsely advertised, you should have the right to return it. To me that is false marketing and a good enough reason to return the product. What i did first was call them to make sure they accept the return and they confirmed they will, then i sent it back. You should do the same thing and call them up and tell them this crap sounds too loud, and that there is a defect and that you want to return it (maybe they were lenient with me cause i said i want to order the aircooled version at the same time from newegg and not take my business elsewhere?). I dont remember what was written to be honest, i think no refunds as well, but when you click "return the product" it works somehow.  
mrshrir
Superclocked Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/10/17 10:54:38 (permalink)
whats the lowest percentage you can run the pump at ??? 
DeadlyMercury
iCX Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/10/17 11:34:53 (permalink)
It depends on your particular pump and motherboard, for example - what is 0% on your motherboard? :) 100% is 12v - and 0%? 5v? 7v? :)
So you need to find out two speeds:
1) start speed (start voltage) - just set pump to 0%, it will stop and after that if you are on maximum performance - temp will rise very fast. Start increasing pump speed from 0% to 100% and find when your pump started: temperature will drop immediately:

2) stop speed - again, try to lowering speed from 100% to zero and find when your pump stops and temperature starts rising.

In my case pump starts at 56% and stops below 30%. It is safe to run pump on start voltage because it will never stop in any conditions, because voltage to start spinning is always higher. On lower voltage there is a chance that pump will stop for some reasons. So I have a "turn on" step: if gpu temp is less than 60C - I assume that pump is running and have a flat fan curve = 30%, but at 60C curve kicks to 60% to start pump. Because I am using thermal sensor, not gpu temperature - gpu could heat up to 85C before thermal sensor reaches 60C and turn pump on, I checked that.

Speed searching works only if gpu is warm, if it is cold - temperatures will rise very slowly:

Thats why you should use maximum performance mode: to get higher idle clocks.

Stephen Fry
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/10/17 11:55:19 (permalink)
I run my pump at about 7.32V idle, it's quieter and still fine at 6.5v, but won't start up below 7v.
mrshrir
Superclocked Member
Re: [ADVICE] RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid PUMP NOISE Options 2019/10/17 15:05:56 (permalink)
I dont understand how you guys are able to SET the voltage ? i have an asrock mobo . 
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile