EVGA

AMD Chipsets Please!

Author
Encryption
  • Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/09/11 08:27:35 (permalink)
Asus is killing me with their lackluster support and overall quality of their flagship TR4 board Zenith Extreme. Nothing but trouble and only recently since the 2001 bios update has this very expensive system become stable enough for me to breathe easy. Latent corruption galore and constant issues with memory no matter if it was on the qvl or not. 

For the love of god work out a deal to make EVGA boards for the upcoming ThreadRippers. Miss the overall build quality of my x79 Dark and how stable it always was but Intel has been on my sh!t list for a long time now and I needed something with a lot of cores and couldn't justify the price Intel was wanting for toothpaste chips they were selling at the time. Not using solder on a $2k cpu is a big deal breaker for me and screams to me that the importance of quality for Intel has gone down the tubes.

Asus makes boards for both Intel and AMD so why not EVGA?

8 Replies Related Threads

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: AMD Chipsets Please! 2019/09/11 08:34:22 (permalink)

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: AMD Chipsets Please! 2019/09/11 08:35:12 (permalink)
    EVGA is a dedicated partner of Intel and NVIDIA. It is unlikely that EVGA would alter their position at this time. However, EVGA like any other company monitors the markets closely so you never know what they might do in the future. 

I don't like ASUS either and that is why I am using an ASRock X399 Taichi. A great motherboard. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: AMD Chipsets Please! 2019/09/11 08:38:46 (permalink)
    It won't happen... EVGA is Nvidia's only exclusive partner, which is the main reason it won't happen. We've been asking EVGA to make AMD motherboards for 10+ years and they've ignored every one of those requests. It's just like asking them to offer more competitive pricing on shipping through the EVGA store, they refuse to change or even look into anything. I suspect it takes too much effort. Not being innovative will only hurt them in the long run, which is funny because that's been EVGA's motto for a long time.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

Encryption
    • Total Posts : 26
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: AMD Chipsets Please! 2019/09/11 08:52:48 (permalink)
    I don't care much for ATI cards. I am using a FTW3 2080ti Ultra with a 1080sc and of course both are EVGA. PSU is platinum 1600w EVGA. My focus is on the AMD CPUs. 

Thread linked above is a whole lot of fanboy-ism on both parts. I am just going to go for what I feel like I need regardless of Intel, Nvidia, AMD, or ATI. ATI has nothing on par with my 2080ti and they can barely make anything on par with even my 1080gtx so they don't even enter my radar, but... if they did make something on par with the 2080ti then I would certainly be willing to give one of those cards a shot.

AMD cpus however are starting to gain more traction. Intel has certainly lost me for the foreseeable future and soon I will be rebuilding 5 other rigs in this house. All of them are Intel for the moment but I have been bidding my time watching AMDs progress with their Ryzen line of cpus and I am starting to see really good things come from their cpu line of business. I have had nothing but issues on the Zenith Extreme and I am on my second RMA of this board but the latest bios has cleared up a lot of the memory troubles I was having for almost a damn year and now this 1950x is screaming like it should have from the word go.

I hope EVGA will consider heavily the trends of the current markets. Do not let companies like AMD, Intel, or NVidia lock you into a contract that would put EVGA between a rock and a hard place should their quality slide. 

Edit:
    Look at my join date. I have been quiet all these years because I have been happy. I build EVGA. I still push the EVGA GPUs and PSUs, but I can't push Intel any more and so I am now looking for a board manufacturer who builds solid quality boards. My mistake for thinking Asus was still that.. it is unfortunate how far they have fallen.
    post edited by Encryption - 2019/09/11 09:00:13

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: AMD Chipsets Please! 2019/09/11 10:00:26 (permalink)
    Encryption
    I don't care much for ATI cards. I am using a FTW3 2080ti Ultra with a 1080sc and of course both are EVGA. PSU is platinum 1600w EVGA. My focus is on the AMD CPUs. 

Thread linked above is a whole lot of fanboy-ism on both parts. I am just going to go for what I feel like I need regardless of Intel, Nvidia, AMD, or ATI. ATI has nothing on par with my 2080ti and they can barely make anything on par with even my 1080gtx so they don't even enter my radar, but... if they did make something on par with the 2080ti then I would certainly be willing to give one of those cards a shot.

AMD cpus however are starting to gain more traction. Intel has certainly lost me for the foreseeable future and soon I will be rebuilding 5 other rigs in this house. All of them are Intel for the moment but I have been bidding my time watching AMDs progress with their Ryzen line of cpus and I am starting to see really good things come from their cpu line of business. I have had nothing but issues on the Zenith Extreme and I am on my second RMA of this board but the latest bios has cleared up a lot of the memory troubles I was having for almost a damn year and now this 1950x is screaming like it should have from the word go.

I hope EVGA will consider heavily the trends of the current markets. Do not let companies like AMD, Intel, or NVidia lock you into a contract that would put EVGA between a rock and a hard place should their quality slide. 

Edit:
    Look at my join date. I have been quiet all these years because I have been happy. I build EVGA. I still push the EVGA GPUs and PSUs, but I can't push Intel any more and so I am now looking for a board manufacturer who builds solid quality boards. My mistake for thinking Asus was still that.. it is unfortunate how far they have fallen.

Too late on the contract advisory... I'm pretty sure they are all ready locked in. Also, keep in mind... Asus is a bigger company than Nvidia and AMD combined. 

Up until recently, AMD wasn't even relevant to high end performance for GPU's and CPU's. AMD's chipsets have a TON of refinement ahead... There are so many features Intel has on their chipset's that have been added each generation. While AMD had their "high end" chipset go with no updates from 2011-2017. These first few generations of AMD Ryzen chipsets are going to be terrible until AMD irons everything out. It's clear most of their recent launches have been rushed, especially with many of the motherboards not being ready for launch and the users have to spend hours troubleshooting complex issues. 

AMD's 5700XT is actually looking like a good deal for around $400. It's definitely much faster than a GTX 1080, it's actually on par with a RTX 2080 for half the price.
    Source:
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/xfx_radeon_rx_5700_xt_thicc_ii_ultra_review,13.html

I agree that EVGA should bring back AMD motherboards. Especially after looking over these numbers:
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_3800x_review,24.html

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: AMD Chipsets Please! 2019/09/11 10:24:50 (permalink)
    Yep, it would be nice.... choices .

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    chrebean1
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 749
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: AMD Chipsets Please! 2019/09/11 12:27:05 (permalink)
    MSI made a great B450M Armor motherboard, which handles Ryzen 7 just fine. I've owned previous MSI motherboards, which were just as rock solid.

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: AMD Chipsets Please! 2019/09/11 16:55:55 (permalink)
    RainStryke
    It won't happen... EVGA is Nvidia's only exclusive partner, which is the main reason it won't happen. We've been asking EVGA to make AMD motherboards for 10+ years and they've ignored every one of those requests. It's just like asking them to offer more competitive pricing on shipping through the EVGA store, they refuse to change or even look into anything. I suspect it takes too much effort. Not being innovative will only hurt them in the long run, which is funny because that's been EVGA's motto for a long time.

I think the track record of AMD has shown that it's not been a good option to build AMD over those 10+ years. I don't want to sound negative on AMD at all since they have been really good recently but for EVGA's 20 year history it's only been like 10% of that time being an Intel exclusive partner might not be the best option. For GPU's we are still waiting to see being an exclusive partner with NVIDIA be a bad thing since I can't say people would rush to pick up a AMD GPU over an NVIDIA one.

I think the real question is could Intel catch up with AMD before EVGA would have a product ready? If Intel does spend the R&D money and beats AMD breaking that exclusive deal with Intel could be very bad.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile