Steam Hardware survey shows an increase in adoption of Windows 10 and AMD CPUs

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102215
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/09/08 09:26:09 (permalink)
I wasn't sure if this post should go into the hardware or gaming section so I decided since it was a hardware survey I would place it here

https://mspoweruser.com/steam-hardware-survey-shows-an-increase-in-adoption-of-windows-10-and-amd-cpus/

Steam has released its monthly hardware survey results and it’s looking good for Microsoft and AMD. The Steam Hardware survey is done by Valve every month to collect data related to hardware and software used by gamers. According to the August numbers published by Steam, AMD has managed to capture around 20% of the CPU market. This is definitely good news for AMD but Intel seems to be struggling at this point. AMD has also managed to capture 15% of the GPU market which is more or less the same. 

So some more good news for AMD. However the news could have been better if AMD CPU stock was better (in my personal opinion). 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

4 Replies Related Threads

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Steam Hardware survey shows an increase in adoption of Windows 10 and AMD CPUs 2019/09/08 18:08:29 (permalink)
    Excellent!

It is about time they posted this fact instead of the lies.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Steam Hardware survey shows an increase in adoption of Windows 10 and AMD CPUs 2019/09/08 23:45:52 (permalink)
    atfrico
    Excellent!

It is about time they posted this fact instead of the lies.

Which fact?  The one where they include CPU as GPU sales? 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Steam Hardware survey shows an increase in adoption of Windows 10 and AMD CPUs 2019/09/09 02:38:25 (permalink)
    Glad to see the CPU numbers increase but not sure why people would go for an AMD GPU. They have yet to impress me with a lack of features and warmer temps.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

MasterMiner
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 713
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Steam Hardware survey shows an increase in adoption of Windows 10 and AMD CPUs 2019/09/09 17:20:04 (permalink)
    Is Steam available for any flavor of Linux?

Edit: found it. Yes.

I used to mine. Now I compute.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile