EVGA

Helpful ReplyNUA Crash at Start

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Stheeo
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: NUA Crash at Start 2019/10/19 12:02:34 (permalink)
I can reproduce the software crashing on startup 100% of the time. Would be happy to provide you with log files, try beta drivers etc to get this resolved.
Jlaw901
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: NUA Crash at Start 2019/10/20 18:10:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby EVGATech_AdamB 2019/10/30 16:25:49
My PC updated windows again today. After updating my software was broken and unable to open just like before, except now I would get two UAC popups on reboot even after doing a fresh install of the software and clearing the temp files. The issue was immediately fixed by uninstalling the following two windows updates. My software now opens like normal again with no UAC popups and the audio effects in the menu are actually working again.

post edited by Jlaw901 - 2019/10/20 18:12:58
Warboy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 212
Re: NUA Crash at Start 2019/10/24 13:54:48 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Warboy
Any updates?

If it's related to the OP, about the crash at start, we're still having trouble reproducing this in-house.  If it ends up being related to the Nahimic UAC problem, that will get fixed in an upcoming driver update.

However, we haven't closed the book on this.

On a separate note, is this still easily reproducible for you?  If so, I can see if they can make a driver for you that can help to debug it.

Sure, I currently have my build with the Nu Audio disassembled but I could try repo'ing it on a different computer and see if it happens.

My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
Once this baby hits 88 GigaFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Stheeo
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: NUA Crash at Start 2019/10/25 23:32:33 (permalink)
In a strange new development, the crashing has stopped for me. This happened after I updated Rivatuner Statistics Server to version 7.2.3, which should have nothing to do with NU Audio. However after that update I never get the crash anymore, not even if I revert the RTSS install to the older version.

I'm not quite sure how this is possible. My only guess is that these 2 apps share some external library that started having issues with the Windows update, and then that got updated with the RTSS install. You'd think it would break again with the older version though if that was the case, so it's really bizarre. Hopefully this works for other people with the same issue as well.
kaishiden
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: NUA Crash at Start 2019/11/08 18:24:15 (permalink)
Stheeo
In a strange new development, the crashing has stopped for me. This happened after I updated Rivatuner Statistics Server to version 7.2.3, which should have nothing to do with NU Audio. However after that update I never get the crash anymore, not even if I revert the RTSS install to the older version.

I'm not quite sure how this is possible. My only guess is that these 2 apps share some external library that started having issues with the Windows update, and then that got updated with the RTSS install. You'd think it would break again with the older version though if that was the case, so it's really bizarre. Hopefully this works for other people with the same issue as well.

I can confirm this as well. Thanks alot!!!
Warboy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 212
Re: NUA Crash at Start 2019/11/12 11:32:31 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Warboy
Any updates?

If it's related to the OP, about the crash at start, we're still having trouble reproducing this in-house.  If it ends up being related to the Nahimic UAC problem, that will get fixed in an upcoming driver update.

However, we haven't closed the book on this.

On a separate note, is this still easily reproducible for you?  If so, I can see if they can make a driver for you that can help to debug it.

Any updates on a driver for this issue?

My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
Once this baby hits 88 GigaFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile