EVGA

Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
n-cide
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Issues with brand new RTX 2060 XC BLACK 2020/01/24 10:36:13 (permalink)
dratyan
Hello,

My EVGA RTX 2060 XC BLACK arrived this Friday I've been unable to properly enjoy it so far.
First of all, I've already left a "breadcrumb trail" behind me as I try to fix my issues, which can be found on this  and mainly on . There's a lot of useful stuff there, I'm just not posting it all again now because it seems like overly long posts can put people off from helping.

To sum things up as concisely as I can:
  • After installing the new GPU, it all seemed fine until I started to try some heavier games. After less than five minutes into said games, the PC shuts down, sometimes entirely and other times to a Blue Screen of Death(BSOD). This is usually proceeded by green/purple artifacts on the screen, as well as white lines.
  • As I tried to fix the issue, my PC started to also shut down on games that were lighter and initially worked perfectly, and once when I was just browsing the internet.
  • CPU/GPU temperatures and usage seem normal during the games before they crash.
  • Previous drivers have been uninstalled with DDU; latest, 436.15, currently installed.
  • I've reseated the GPU multiple times, everything seems fine physically.
  • So far I've only ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and everything was ok, but I intend to run more stress tools/benchmarks soon.
Here are some key error codes that can be helpful:
  • Code 43: Windows usually disables my GPU after a crash, and I have to restart the PC to re-enable it.
  • VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE(nvlddmkm.sys): this is the error shown when I do get to a BSOD.
  • Event 41: Shows up 4 times on the Event Viewer as a critical Kernel-Power error.
And finally my specs. It's a 7-year-old build, except for the ~5 year old PSU:
  • CPU: Intel i7-2600 @3400Mhz
  • GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 XC BLACK 6GB
  • RAM: 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 @1333Mhz
  • PSU: Corsair CX600W
  • MB: ASUS P8H61-M LE/BR
  • 7200rpm HDD + 2x SSDs
It's been 36 long hours trying to fix this. I've recently had to RMA another GPU(Zotac, return still pending) so I'm not really looking forward to that again. Hopefully this is fixable. Thanks in advance.

My friend I was experiencing the same issue as you are. Fortunately I found a solution - the issue is caused by Nvidia Audio Driver and may be Nvidia USB-C driver.
So I removed all the NV drivers using DDU, and then when I Installed NV drivers I selected "custom install" and deselected USB-C and Audio Drivers. Works like charm.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile