EVGA

EVGA 750 BQ 2nd RMA, extremley dissapointed by the lack of quality control. Wasted money

Author
AndrewRadz
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/08/24 08:00:19 (permalink)
Extremely disappointed with EVGA.  About a month ago, the fan on my 750 BQ PSU started to grind... I took the hit and paid $15 to RMA it.  Got a brand new power supply, still in shrink wrap and all, and performed the paper clip test.  There were no issues that I could detect, so I decided to take apart my build and put it in.  To my surprise, this PSU was also defective.  It has horrible coil whine under load, makes this weird electrical sound during benchmarks, and its fan is obnoxiously loud.  I would post the youtube link, but that's not allowed.  Now I'm going to be another month without this PSU, which was temporarily replaced with a cheap Thermal Take 600W PSU while I waited for my first RMA (which worked better than both of these PSUs).  I expected more from EVGAs quality, especially under the impression of how good their RMAs are.  I should've never bought this PSU, or been forced to purchase a cheap Thermal Take PSU, and instead have purchased a good PSU, not this piece of junk.  Extremely disappointed.
post edited by AndrewRadz - 2019/08/24 08:23:56

4 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: EVGA 750 BQ 2nd RMA, extremley dissapointed by the lack of quality control. Wasted mo 2019/08/24 08:19:33 (permalink)
    I have referred this post to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: EVGA 750 BQ 2nd RMA, extremley dissapointed by the lack of quality control. Wasted mo 2019/08/24 13:04:51 (permalink)
    You went from one cheap PSU to another one. I don't get why people cheap out on a PSU for a gaming system, when the PSU supplies power to all your expensive hardware. You can usually find a good quality 80Plus Gold rated PSU on sale. 

Here's a site to keep an eye on for deals on PC hardware.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/
    That site is not perfect, i think bots are being used to post deals on it, make sure you do own product research before buying.

AndrewRadz
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA 750 BQ 2nd RMA, extremley dissapointed by the lack of quality control. Wasted mo 2019/08/24 13:32:45 (permalink)
    MSim
    You went from one cheap PSU to another one. I don't get why people cheap out on a PSU for a gaming system, when the PSU supplies power to all your expensive hardware. You can usually find a good quality 80Plus Gold rated PSU on sale. 

Here's a site to keep an eye on for deals on PC hardware.

That site is not perfect, i think bots are being used to post deals on it, make sure you do own product research before buying.

I am not new to PC building... I use r/hardwareswap all the time, not so much r/buildapcsales but I am a member there too. I did not intend to keep the Thermal Take PSU, it was just a short term fix as I waited for the RMA to come back, only for it to arrive broken. I was just saying that I have had zero problem with the ThermalTake, as opposed to EVGA who I’ve had many problems with. I expected more from EVGA than ThermalTake
    post edited by AndrewRadz - 2019/08/24 18:42:01
    Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA 750 BQ 2nd RMA, extremley dissapointed by the lack of quality control. Wasted mo 2019/08/24 15:34:37 (permalink)
    Hello AndrewRadz,

Sorry  to hear about your RMA troubles. It looks like I spoke with you over the phone yesterday. I will email you directly to see if there is something else we can help with.

-Jose C.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile