EVGA

Noob learning to use Precision X1, advice? (Windows 7!)

Author
tavernfly
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/08/21 14:49:34 (permalink)
Hi there! I had a few questions as a total noob when it comes to computer hardware and GPU tuning software, and was hoping to find some advice here on this forum! [And just to get this out of the way first, yes I'm running Precision X1 in Win7, even though it isn't supported, using the "Aero2 Assembly for Windows 7" application I found posted by a moderator of this forum. I've heard all the reasons to change OS, have my reasons for still needing Win7, and for the record I do intend to install Windows 10 on a separate SSD in the future, but that's besides the point of this thread.]

1. I know I'd like to adjust my fan curves, and I'm not entirely sure how to do this, or what to aim for. Noise is a non-issue for me, I'm happy for the fans to be as loud as a jet engine if it helps temperatures, but I also do not want to do anything to push the fans beyond normal use, damage them, or wear them out significantly faster than normal. Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

2. It looks like my target temp is currently set to 84*C by default. I do not know to what extent the card is pre-overclocked with default settings. I just want the settings to be, y'know, sane, safe for normal use. Any advice in this matter would be appreciated. (For example, my non-EVGA motherboard came with stock settings default enabled to run my intel 8700k CPU at 5.1GHz constantly, even when idle. I discovered this only after using the computer for some time getting things set up, and it freaked me the hell out. I'm very new to all of this, and I just want to make sure my GPU settings are, y'know, sensible, and not suicidal.)

3. I know this is silly & unimportant, but the LED settings in Precision X1 don't seem to be working for me. I can't seem to get them to change the color or effect of the lights on the card. The readings of stuff like Clock, Voltage, Temperature, etc. all seem to be updating in real-time so if there's a disconnect somewhere I'm not sure what it could be.

4. Other folks who are using Precision X1 in Windows 7 using Aero2, have you run into any problems or limitations of doing so?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and for any advice you can offer! Cheers!

1 Reply Related Threads

EVGATech_BrandonO
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 224
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Noob learning to use Precision X1, advice? (Windows 7!) 2019/08/22 06:41:32 (permalink)
    Hello,

To answer your questions:
    1. You can put them up to 100 percent if you would like. They will not wear them out enough to make a huge difference. I currently run my system at a 100 percent fan speed because of the recent high temps in my area. Go ahead and just adjust the fan curve to have a good balance of noise and temperature. The way you can do this is by clicking on the arrow on either side of the bottom section of Precision X1. Should be two arrows, one on either side. Go to the fan curve page. Click on the Automatic fan control setting. Should be the very first setting on the Fan curve page. then adjust the dots on the graph to your liking. Anything past this point is personal preference.
    2.That setting is fine. That is set like that as default. You can raise it up higher if you'd like but its not anything that would really do anything if you are not overclocking in a sense.
    3. What model card would you have? Some cards don't have LEDS so make sure you don't have one of those models. Also if you are trying to change colors make sure you are hitting apply right after.

Have a moment? Please rate our service
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile