SEGA has revealed HUMANKIND, a Civ-Like Turn-based RPG

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102241
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/08/20 02:11:01 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/sega_has_revealed_humankind_a_civ-like_turn-based_rpg/1

SEGA and Amplitude Studios have officially announced HUMANKIND, a new turn-based strategy game that's due to release sometime in 2020. Within the game, players are expected to create and lead a civilisation, from the Bronze Age to the Modern Age. 

HUMANKIND is set to release on PC sometime in 2020 for both Windows and MacOS. The game is currently listed on Steam, but the game's trailer has no storefront listing. 

In many ways, HUMANKIND looks a lot like the Civilization series, using what appears to be a hex-based map where players can build cities, armies and fight against other civilisations. With every age, players will be able to take on aspects of historical civilisations like the Romans, Ancient Egypt, the Khmer and Vikings, enabling players to evolve over time and offer endless levels of replayability. 

At this time, SEGA has not shown any gameplay for HUMANKIND. Release will be sometime in 2020. An exact date is unknown. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

3 Replies Related Threads

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: SEGA has revealed HUMANKIND, a Civ-Like Turn-based RPG 2019/08/20 13:19:20 (permalink)
    Interesting, will have to keep an eye on it. 

Have water, will cool. 
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: SEGA has revealed HUMANKIND, a Civ-Like Turn-based RPG 2019/08/20 15:46:32 (permalink)
    So they have a two minute trailer and it's 1:30 seconds of a cave man playing a synthesizer in space and 30 seconds of showing off the game?  I want to be excited for the game but that trailer was a very bad use of time. If you can't tell the audience why they should be interested in the game in 90 seconds you have missed the window to get them excited and I feel that during that time they did nothing relevant to the game at all.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: SEGA has revealed HUMANKIND, a Civ-Like Turn-based RPG 2019/08/20 16:24:36 (permalink)
    +1

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile