EVGA

Proof of purchase for GPU from craigslist

Author
semisculpted
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/08/19 07:42:01 (permalink)
I'm planning on purchasing an EVGA 2080 ti on craigslist with cash. I've looked through the forums and the faqs for a while but I have yet to find a clear answer about how to document the proof of purchase necessary for the warranty to apply. Its going to be a cash transaction so their is not digital receipt that I can use. In the forums I found an EVGA employee state that a hand written receipt should work. What exactly does this receipt need to include? Is there a template or something that someone has that I can follow. I'm looking for the specific information that must be on it for it to be valid.

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Proof of purchase for GPU from craigslist 2019/08/19 07:59:23 (permalink)
    You can not confirm what the GPU is without running something like GPUz 

I'd Make a receipt that include All of these :

Brand
    Model
    Serial number
    Sellers Name

Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ

(excerpt)
    • Secondhand owners
      • Secondhand owners are required to provide a proof of purchase if the product was shipped from EVGA on or after May 25th, 2018.  If the product shipped from EVGA prior to May 25th, 2018, no proof of purchase is required.
      • Secondhand owners should provide a proof of purchase showing the sale between the current owner (i.e. YOU) and previous owner (i.e. the person selling the card).  This may be as simple as a screenshot of a PayPal invoice, Venmo invoice, Amazon Payments invoice, Ebay invoice, etc.  It is understood that sometimes sales are not done online, so another means of showing the sale, even if it's made for the purpose of this proof of purchase, is acceptable. 
      • Secondhand owners should not provide the original owner's proof of purchase from an authorized reseller, or the proof of purchase between previous owners of the card.
      • If you have any questions about what type of proof of purchase is needed, please contact our Customer Service.

https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/
        (excerpt)

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase from a reseller. The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.
    Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.
    The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:
    • 3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM
    • 2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
    Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Proof of purchase for GPU from craigslist 2019/08/19 08:32:18 (permalink)
    Keep in mind you can always contact customer service and it's a good to make sure you know how much warranty is left as well as everything they would need to know to make a possible RMA as easy as possible in the future. The more information you can have the better like model name and the names of the seller and buyer. Also make sure you get the letter signed since you should look at it as being what you would hand a police officer to prove you legally bought the card if they came knocking on your door because the card was reported stolen.

Also because you said the transaction will be someone online you are meeting to give cash to I recommend meeting in a public place like the parking lot of the local police station.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Proof of purchase for GPU from craigslist 2019/08/19 16:42:34 (permalink)
    Be safe when buying from craigslist. I would request product Serial number before ever meeting that person at local police parking lot. Too bad evga got rid of the Guest RMA page, that was easy and hassle free way for people to check product remaining warranty. It could take 24-72hrs to receive a reply back from support.

It's risky buying used hardware with cash.

I would print out a form
    product Name
    Serial Number
    Sold by "Name" and have them date it too

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile