EVGA

EVGA CLC 280mm All-In-One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler, and fan/pump assembly.

Author
JimBeamBlack
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 233
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2019/08/11 09:26:14 (permalink)
 Hey y'all, I have a few questions about how to set this cooler up properly.

1) I did not install the USB thing at first because I wanted to just do my adjusting through BIOS, so I initially left that cable off. NOTE, that because of the location of the USB port on the block and the heat sinks on my Z390 Dark motherboard, I cannot NOW hook that up without removing the block entirely. It is about 1.5mm too long for that area. SO I would like to avoid having to do that and just hook up my fans to run smart from BIOS.

I have the 2 fans hooked to the splitter cable on the pump, then that cable hooked to CPU 1 main fan header, BUT, no matter what settings I use in BIOS the fans never go above 1450rpm, is this normal?

I noticed that the main wire from the pump is a 3 prong plug? doesn't this prevent it from being able to run in a SMART mode? Or is that wrong?  

2) How do I properly hook this up to the board then? 
Do I:
Attach each fan to each one of the CPU fan headers and the one from the pump to an aux/sys fan header? Will this work??

OR does the 3 prong pump plug NEED to go into the CPU Main header?

thanks for any advice/info

EVGA Z590 Dark ; i9 11900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600 ; EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra3 ; Creative AE-7 ; Win 11 64bit Pro : EVGA 1200 Plat PSU

5 Replies Related Threads

JimBeamBlack
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA CLC 280mm All-In-One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler, and fan/pump assembly. 2019/08/11 13:58:09 (permalink)
    Ok, apparently I have no idea how this thing works, so I just took off the water block and plugged the USB thing in.

I'll see how this goes.

EVGA Z590 Dark ; i9 11900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600 ; EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra3 ; Creative AE-7 ; Win 11 64bit Pro : EVGA 1200 Plat PSU

Cordorb
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 635
    Re: EVGA CLC 280mm All-In-One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler, and fan/pump assembly. 2019/08/18 08:07:52 (permalink)
    some of us have used the 
    NZXT Internal USB Hub
    "the Magnetic body to hold unit in place and cable management straps provide a quick and easy installation:"

This will give you extra cable length AND will no block the second USB port on the header.

https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2/

-------------
    Hope I trimmed that amazon link right  :-)
    Newegg price was a bit more.
    -------------

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA CLC 280mm All-In-One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler, and fan/pump assembly. 2019/08/18 08:20:44 (permalink)
    YES     ---> the 3 prong pump plug NEED to go into the CPU Main header?

Attach the fans to the Pump harness = stock  - Or - connect to your MB or Fan Hub 

USB not required to run

EVGA FAQs

EVGA CLC Flow Control software disconnects from USB or shows "No USB Device Found"
    EVGA CLC Flow Control software disconnects from USB or shows "No USB Device Found" 

How do I troubleshoot Hybrid or CLC Pump Noise?
    Troubleshooting Hybrid/CLC Pump Noise 

Can I disconnect the USB Cable to a CLC Cooler after changing settings?
    CLC Firmware Setting Without USB cable

How Do I Troubleshoot Issues with Flow Control For My CLC Cooler?
    Troubleshooting CLC Issues 

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

JimBeamBlack
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA CLC 280mm All-In-One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler, and fan/pump assembly. 2019/08/18 10:46:05 (permalink)
    Cordorb
    some of us have used the 
    NZXT Internal USB Hub

"the Magnetic body to hold unit in place and cable management straps provide a quick and easy installation:"

This will give you extra cable length AND will no block the second USB port on the header.

https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Internal-Controller-Black-AC-IUSBH-M1/dp/B01IFGFTJ2/

-------------
    Hope I trimmed that amazon link right  :-)
    Newegg price was a bit more.
    -------------

Now THAT is super cool!! So it's just like an extender for the motherboard USB header??

thanks guys!! 
    I might just run the fans right to the motherboard and control them form BIOS, not sure yet, for now I'm hoping they will do some work on the Flow Control software as the custom fan profile needs some work (in my own opinion, others may very..lol)

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA CLC 280mm All-In-One RGB CPU Liquid Cooler, and fan/pump assembly. 2019/08/18 10:53:46 (permalink)
    JimBeamBlack

Now THAT is super cool!! So it's just like an extender for the motherboard USB header??

thanks guys!! 
    I might just run the fans right to the motherboard and control them form BIOS, not sure yet, for now I'm hoping they will do some work on the Flow Control software as the custom fan profile needs some work (in my own opinion, others may very..lol)

You will need to set a Manual Speed to control the Fans ---> Unless your MB has thermal probes to attach to your GPU - for a Temp feedback

Most people use AIO for the CPU -- so CPU temp is Not a Good temp to control GPU fans

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile