Buying a used gpu from Ebay?

Author
Jc
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 356
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/08/10 16:51:54 (permalink)
I finally bought a used gpu from Ebay, I'm wondering what are my option just in case the gpu died on me. Does EVGA offer some kind of service repair for cards not registered under my name? btw, I snagged a 1050 ti for $85+free shipping. I'll be using it for my dedicated streaming computer, absolutely no gaming on it.
post edited by Jc - 2019/08/10 16:54:45

8 Replies Related Threads

Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Buying a used gpu from Ebay? 2019/08/10 17:12:15 (permalink)
    You should look at EVGA's B-stock first.....I think a 1 year warranty is offered.

edit: Sorry, I should read things better.
    You should call customer service to see if they offer repair service: https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

post edited by Chaos_21 - 2019/08/10 17:21:15

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Buying a used gpu from Ebay? 2019/08/10 17:25:52 (permalink)
    You Must Register the Card & upload a receipt --> best to do it sooner rather than later, before you loose track of your purchase 

Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ

https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

(excerpt)

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase from a reseller. The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.
    Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.
    The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:
    • 3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM
    • 2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
    Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jc
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 356
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Buying a used gpu from Ebay? 2019/08/10 17:50:46 (permalink)
    Chaos_21
    You should look at EVGA's B-stock first.....I think a 1 year warranty is offered.

edit: Sorry, I should read things better.
    You should call customer service to see if they offer repair service: https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Cool GTX
    You Must Register the Card & upload a receipt --> best to do it sooner rather than later, before you loose track of your purchase 

Original and Secondhand Warranty FAQ

https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

(excerpt)

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase from a reseller. The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.
    Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.
    The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:
    • 3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM
    • 2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -LA, -LE, -LR, -L1, -LX, -T1, -T2, -TR, -TX
    Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB

Thanks!
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Buying a used gpu from Ebay? 2019/08/10 18:06:40 (permalink)
    Happy to Help

Run GPUz and confirm you Got what you think you Bought

Lifehacker - How To Check If Your Graphics Card Is A Fake

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Buying a used gpu from Ebay? 2019/08/10 19:40:59 (permalink)

Moved to Warranty questions section.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Buying a used gpu from Ebay? 2019/08/10 21:31:11 (permalink)

The warranty follows the serial number of the card. There used to be a Guest RMA page where you could type in the serial number and it would tell you the remaining warranty time left on it, but EVGA removed that page, no idea why. You can call (888) 881-3842 and EVGA will tell you how much warranty time remains, or you can register the card, and then when you're done registering, go to:
    https://www.evga.com/community/myProducts.asp
    and under the card, click the "View Details" button. There you will see the amount of time remaining on the warranty.
    Note that when buying second-hand, the warranty starts when the item was first shipped by EVGA, even if shipped to a retailer, not when you or the previous person purchased it (unless they purchased it direct from EVGA).

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Buying a used gpu from Ebay? 2019/08/11 21:01:00 (permalink)
    It's also best practice if you can call in and provide the serial number for the graphics card in question is still within warranty. That is the only way you can get a 100% answer on whether or not the product is within warranty. That way you can avoid any surprises in the future :)
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Buying a used gpu from Ebay? 2019/08/11 21:24:54 (permalink)
    At least with a 1050 you can figure someone isn't probably going to lie about what the card is and it probably wasn't used for extreme overclocking. It's a good card for light use but it isn't a card that is amazing performance in games.

As for the above post about B-Stock it's is really a good option since it does come with the one year coverage.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile