Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again

Author
denis6902
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 105
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/07/23 16:19:46 (permalink)
I'm going to try to be short here and stick to the facts, since this has been already a long story...

To sum up i bought a 1070ti from the biggest store here in Brazil, an authorized evga seller as well as support for the firs year on RMA. The card basically died rma confirmed but took like months to solve the problem and replace with another. So they replaced it with 2070 xc black since the 1070ti were long out of stock already. 

This "new" card they send as a replacement did not have the plastic shrink wrap over the box, and when the 1070ti first came it had that plastic shrink over the box package. From there i contacted the store stating the box didnt have the plastic over it neither there was a manual, an accessory or whatever. Inside the box there was only the gpu, no pcie extension, nothing. The store said it was normal and i should use the card. 

The 2070 worked for like a week and from there started crashing in games and from one day to another it would not even boot. So i tested another power supply and nothing. Removed the card from my rig and tested on another computer and it also wouldn't boot. So i started RMA again the store took forever to reply me on the RMA status. I have all receipts, support chat talks, facebook talks all in record. The card arrived in the store RMA like more than a month ago, the store was even notified a month earlier of card not booting.  

Summing up it's like 2 months i notified them and a month the card arrived at RMA. Today after begging like everyday on the store support they said my card IS working and they even send me a video of the supposed "authorized" rma showing the card was running benchmarks perfectly. It is a huge surprise for me the card is magically working, but the dodgy thing about it is the video they sent me. 

In the video it shows the card is stuttering a LOT, nor to mention he says the card is running benchmarks perfectly at 99% of usage. HOWWWWWW? 
Look at his bench test please!!! He is benchmarking my 2070 with 99% usage on a AMD FX 4-6 core? PCIE-e 8x??? What kind of joke is that? 

I never had this old FX but i rather doubt that bench test can max the gpu. EVGA probably never visits its authorized sellers/rma parterns? 

This is not the first time i'm having issues with Kabum store neither with the EVGA LATAM representatives in Brazil. The first time i had a problem with the 1070ti i contacted Thiago Padrao responsible for the brand here and instead of helping me he was helping the store to get advantage over me. 

I have always been a EVGA enthusiast and fanboy. Possibly over 90% of the parts from my rig are EVGA, but the support down here is not helping!!!!!!

post edited by denis6902 - 2019/07/23 16:30:50

13 Replies Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/23 19:10:25 (permalink)
    Hello, sorry to hear about your experiences with your EVGA graphics card's and with Kabum. I'll send you an email first thing in the morning so that we can work something out. Maybe there might be some misunderstandings or confusion with Thiago, so I will reach out to him too. I can see in the video that the FFXV benchmark and furmark are stuttering so I'm sure we can work something out.

-Jose C. 
    denis6902
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/24 07:53:51 (permalink)
    I still didn't hear from EVGA. I need a plausible response of what it going on. 

I notified the shop about the issued about 2 months ago. The shop takes forever to accept it. It has been over a month the card arrived in the Kabum Rma, and they say the card is fully working? on a bench test from like 15 years ago? 

I am need to leave this here: The consumer law here in Brazil clearly states that once the shop or the manufacturer was notified, both parts have a limit of 30 ran days (not business days), to solve the problem. 

If EVGA, EVGA LATAM and KABUM are not able to solve this within the next two days I'm i going to take this to court and i am going to sue you all also for personal harassment. If you consider the amount of days I have no gpu to work it is well over 4 months.... 

It's unacceptable EVGA is doing this in Brazil. I ONLY buy evga hardware due to its reputation when it comes to warranty and RMA. So why aren't these procedures adopted and followed here? Hardware parts down here are way more expensive due to tax and shipping but costumer support and warranty is honestly worst than gigabyte. 

EVGA where are you guys? 

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/24 08:42:28 (permalink)
    denis6902

I notified the shop about the issued about 2 months ago. The shop takes forever to accept it. It has been over a month the card arrived in the Kabum Rma, and they say the card is fully working? on a bench test from like 15 years ago? 

I am need to leave this here: The consumer law here in Brazil clearly states that once the shop or the manufacturer was notified, both parts have a limit of 30 ran days (not business days), to solve the problem. 

If EVGA, EVGA LATAM and KABUM are not able to solve this within the next two days I'm i going to take this to court and i am going to sue you all also for personal harassment. If you consider the amount of days I have no gpu to work it is well over 4 months.... 

It's unacceptable EVGA is doing this in Brazil. I ONLY buy evga hardware due to its reputation when it comes to warranty and RMA. So why aren't these procedures adopted and followed here? Hardware parts down here are way more expensive due to tax and shipping but costumer support and warranty is honestly worst than gigabyte. 

EVGA where are you guys? 

The EVGA rep did say he would contact you in the morning and in California it is about 8:40. Allow a bit more time. Send him a PM if you hear nothing after 3 hours.  

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/24 09:13:43 (permalink)
    denis6902

EVGA where are you guys? 

I'm here! Just got here! I'm on the case don't worry. Expect an email shortly.
    davevt31
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1130
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/24 09:49:13 (permalink)
    Sounds like the store is the one screwing around with you.

denis6902
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/25 12:08:19 (permalink)
    so evga contated me and they said they have notified the store but nothing solved. 
    I keep getting asked to wait for further information via email. 
    Im sorry but evga latam as well as its authorized partners are a joke. 

wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/26 09:01:08 (permalink)
    denis6902
    so evga contated me and they said they have notified the store but nothing solved. 
    I keep getting asked to wait for further information via email. 
    Im sorry but evga latam as well as its authorized partners are a joke. 

I clearly understand your frustration, but the way you received your rma card was correct. Rma's only come as just the card, you get no accessory's, manuals, plugs etc... and they are used units so they of course don't come shrink wrapped. Of course new cards come with all that and shrink wrapped.  As far as the video goes, I don't know what they were doing there. How come you had to deal with the store for a rma instead of evga directly? Are they the only way you have support with evga?!?  

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    denis6902
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/26 09:20:29 (permalink)
    wmmills
    I clearly understand your frustration, but the way you received your rma card was correct. Rma's only come as just the card, you get no accessory's, manuals, plugs etc... and they are used units so they of course don't come shrink wrapped. Of course new cards come with all that and shrink wrapped.  As far as the video goes, I don't know what they were doing there. How come you had to deal with the store for a rma instead of evga directly? Are they the only way you have support with evga?!?  

When i sent the 1070ti to RMA firstly i was obliged to send back the accessories and adapters. So why didnt i get these back? The law here says that once a product is faulty under warranty it is responsibility of the store/brand to replace a brand new one instead or equivalent. So why does evga/kabum are doing this? I dont know.... 
    I had to deal with the sote RMA because this is what EVGA LATAM is doing down here, saving money with this terrible RMA partnerships. Does EVGA care? I'm sure not as they are saving money replacing open box products instead of new ones. 

Inside EVERY evga product packing there is a notice saying YOU can RMA to evga directly if you want to, but in the real world this is not happening. EVGA LATAM is pushing clients to send products back to the store within the first year of warranty. 

Today the store said the are sending back this gpu which was "benchmarked" with an AMX FX and pci-e 8x. RIDICULOUS! How can the authorized RMA say the card is working fully if that old bench can push the card to 99% of usage or even deliver the gpu's stock voltages? 

HORRID support and a very LAME administration. 

I am never going to buy another evga product. I am going to sell my EVGA power supply, evga z390 motherboard, and this 2070. Seriously i hate EVGA from now on. 

The procedures adopted here in LATAM are done in a way to make profit and EVGA is careless on support quality. 

ShootingFlames
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/26 11:10:11 (permalink)
    denis6902

When i sent the 1070ti to RMA firstly i was obliged to send back the accessories and adapters. 

Where does it say this exactly? 

2reel
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/26 12:17:32 (permalink)
    Hello

Did Kabum and or our LATAM team tell you to send in your adapters and accessories? Typically, We do not ask for these for RMA especially a card outside of 30 days from the purchase date. 
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/26 21:22:49 (permalink)
    denis6902
    wmmills

When i sent the 1070ti to RMA firstly i was obliged to send back the accessories and adapters. So why didnt i get these back? The law here says that once a product is faulty under warranty it is responsibility of the store/brand to replace a brand new one instead or equivalent. So why does evga/kabum are doing this? I dont know.... 
    I had to deal with the sote RMA because this is what EVGA LATAM is doing down here, saving money with this terrible RMA partnerships. Does EVGA care? I'm sure not as they are saving money replacing open box products instead of new ones. 

Inside EVERY evga product packing there is a notice saying YOU can RMA to evga directly if you want to, but in the real world this is not happening. EVGA LATAM is pushing clients to send products back to the store within the first year of warranty. 

Today the store said the are sending back this gpu which was "benchmarked" with an AMX FX and pci-e 8x. RIDICULOUS! How can the authorized RMA say the card is working fully if that old bench can push the card to 99% of usage or even deliver the gpu's stock voltages? 

I am never going to buy another evga product. I am going to sell my EVGA power supply, evga z390 motherboard, and this 2070. Seriously i hate EVGA from now on. 

The procedures adopted here in LATAM are done in a way to make profit and EVGA is careless on support quality. 

You do not send in accessories for a rma and that's evga policy, so if the store told you that they are wrong and im sure they will be dealt with. Anything you send with the card you WILL not get back, that's just how it is. People sometimes make that mistake with there first rma's and you learn from it. So the policy on warrantys seems correct, if it fails during warranty period you send it in, its tested and iy either passes and you get it back or it fails and you get a same or equivalent used card back. So no problem there.
    The testing they did is a little bothersome, so the pc they used is a little old so it can show that the card at least works, is bootable and that it can run in a 3d graphics setting. My concern would be that its not tested on actual testing equipment or a newer pc that can push the card to its claimed/sold as clocks/voltage/temps. Although, I wasn't there and im sure evga will investigate that further and find out if that system was proper enough to consider the card fully tested, not much more I can say about that. Dropping evga and selling your stuff is certainly your prerogative and if you do that I wish you all the best.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    denis6902
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/29 09:52:33 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM
    Hello

Did Kabum and or our LATAM team tell you to send in your adapters and accessories? Typically, We do not ask for these for RMA especially a card outside of 30 days from the purchase date. 

Yes Kabum policies for RMA is pretty extensive, they first ask for photos of the packaging, of the card in all angles, and they do ask us to send all accessories and adapters included, so i did but i never got them back. 

denis6902
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Sad experiences with EVGA LATAM partners again 2019/07/29 09:55:39 (permalink)
    wmmills
    denis6902
    wmmills

You do not send in accessories for a rma and that's evga policy, so if the store told you that they are wrong and im sure they will be dealt with. Anything you send with the card you WILL not get back, that's just how it is. People sometimes make that mistake with there first rma's and you learn from it. So the policy on warrantys seems correct, if it fails during warranty period you send it in, its tested and iy either passes and you get it back or it fails and you get a same or equivalent used card back. So no problem there.
    The testing they did is a little bothersome, so the pc they used is a little old so it can show that the card at least works, is bootable and that it can run in a 3d graphics setting. My concern would be that its not tested on actual testing equipment or a newer pc that can push the card to its claimed/sold as clocks/voltage/temps. Although, I wasn't there and im sure evga will investigate that further and find out if that system was proper enough to consider the card fully tested, not much more I can say about that. Dropping evga and selling your stuff is certainly your prerogative and if you do that I wish you all the best.

I dont think EVGA LATAM is worried about that nor are they concerned. EVGA GLOBAL and EVGA LATAM were contacted about the testing procedures and hardware used on the "RMA Centre" and from there nothing was done. 

Kabum kept sending me that video saying the card is fully working and EVGA did nothing, absolutely nothing to solve that. 

I rather doubt evga is going to investigate anything because it seems they are ok about it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile