EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
MrEWhite
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 202
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/06/26 13:11:01 (permalink)
psychoRez
Dare I say...They fixt it?.   A short test showed it was pretty much stable and without even any lower fps with PX1 V 0.3.19.0.  I still have trust issues, tho.  But hopefully it's true.

Tried a few benchmarks with RS6: Siege and I can't notice any differences.   With Normal app priority as well!.   

However I have a question is anybody can answer.   Windows 10 by default now prioritizes Percision X1 to "Below Normal".  Is this deliberate and a decision by the devs or is it because I set it below normal manually so many times that Windows 10 automatically does it now?.  Because I noticed when I set it to below normal now I do lose a few fps's.

Nope, still getting issues with PX1 running.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/06/26 20:27:35 (permalink)
Since this post I made on page 1...

I had two stutter issues.  One that I've had since installing this new RTX GPU and that MS update.  MS update seems to be fixed now and with PX1 closed, I have had a smoother experience but will get back on that as soon as I put some hours in some BFV gameplay but for the time I put in yesterday, it was butter smooth as it should have been from the start, making me think I was CPU bottlenecking. lol

I was just thinking, if PX1 causes performance hits in games, I wonder what it does to benchmarking scores...

I still had bad game stutters in BFV no matter what I did whether I had PX1 out or not after the MS debacle.  Currently updated with the latest MS and Nvidia drivers, etc.

I now upgraded my PC RAM because I always felt the PC would get clunky a bit passed 8GB-9GB+ of usage but now I'm happy to report my PC feels amazing now and my game play on Ultra in BFV is awesome!

I went from Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400 to Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4 3200 on a X99 Classified and works like a charm, even though I was a bit worried since it wasn't in the compatibility list, understandably so since this RAM was recently released. 

I also put back my 4.4 GHz OC from 4.2 GHz on my 5930K and not one hitch. (Knocks on wood.)

I hope I didn't jinx myself but so far so good since I upgraded the RAM and I have PX1 running in the background no problem.  Success!

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
dustinr26
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 115
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/07/06 21:11:41 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
Since this post I made on page 1...

I had two stutter issues.  One that I've had since installing this new RTX GPU and that MS update.  MS update seems to be fixed now and with PX1 closed, I have had a smoother experience but will get back on that as soon as I put some hours in some BFV gameplay but for the time I put in yesterday, it was butter smooth as it should have been from the start, making me think I was CPU bottlenecking. lol

I was just thinking, if PX1 causes performance hits in games, I wonder what it does to benchmarking scores...

I still had bad game stutters in BFV no matter what I did whether I had PX1 out or not after the MS debacle.  Currently updated with the latest MS and Nvidia drivers, etc.

I now upgraded my PC RAM because I always felt the PC would get clunky a bit passed 8GB-9GB+ of usage but now I'm happy to report my PC feels amazing now and my game play on Ultra in BFV is awesome!

I went from Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400 to Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR4 3200 on a X99 Classified and works like a charm, even though I was a bit worried since it wasn't in the compatibility list, understandably so since this RAM was recently released. 

I also put back my 4.4 GHz OC from 4.2 GHz on my 5930K and not one hitch. (Knocks on wood.)

I hope I didn't jinx myself but so far so good since I upgraded the RAM and I have PX1 running in the background no problem.  Success!

I just upgraded to 2080ti FTW3 Ultra on the 4th of July and noticed it causes stuttering in games for me with BF1 and BFV ever so subtle in BF4 but still feels really smooth but not in PUBG it can run open and no stutter which is strange as never had that stuttering at all any games with 1080Ti FTW with XOC. I tried running in background but same symptoms. What is interesting is I never had any stuttering issues with having XOC open and running which I did entire time for all GPUs previously for my custom Fan Curve. While in game if I Tab out and close out X1 and tab back into the game the stuttering is gone completely for both BFV and BF1. It is a shame we have to have it run for a custom fan curve open and runnning in either background or forefront.  It is not major stuttering but it is def a slight hitching you can feel and see. What happens to the fans if I don't run X1 as I have always ran with it open how does it know how to run fans based on GPU temps? Is there a default one to set in there I can such as my custom but not open it so it still runs my Custom or does it automatically run their stealth or Quiet one without the program being open? My specs are as follows:

i9 9900k stock no OC
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18 LED Desktop Memory - Black
EVGA GTX 2080Ti Driver 431.18 Hotfix one and tried previous one also to hotfix still same issue 430.86
Corsair AX1200
ALienWare 3418DW Gsync enabled with Vsync ON in NVCP and RTSS FPS capped to 117 per best GSYNC Settings per Blurbuster article

*Also in X1 I have OSD off and HWM off*

Is there a Version of X1 which does not have stuttering if it was introduced in a recent build if I can try? Be honest really dont want to try all previous versions of X1 its easier just to shut X1 and play way smooth even if card heats more than I like.

******EDIT ISSUE********

I was able to narrow down as I have always used Driver Fusion to monitor temps and CPU usage when I am gaming on 2nd monitor but never had issue with it but once disabling that and drilling down to find out what was causing by having programs open that was the one that was obviously causing issue with also having X1 open. What is strange though is it worked fine open when I had XOC open for my fan curve. 

*****EDIT ISSUE STILL PERSIST with X1*****

Only remedy to not have stuttering is to close X1 which seems very strange.

post edited by dustinr26 - 2019/07/09 15:47:52

Intel i7 2700k O'Cd 4.6 MHz, Asus ROG Maximus V Extreme,Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus, EVGA GTX 980SC,32gig Corsair Vengeance Ram,240gig OCZ Agility 3 SSD,500gig Samsung 840 EVO SSD,500gig Samsung 850 SSD,1 TB western digital hdd caviar black,2 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD,Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sound Card,Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor x3 in 2d surround with Dell 27 inch S2716DG 144hz 1440p Gsync monitor,Razer Naga MMO mouse,Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard,Logitech 5.1 Z906 Surround System,Corsair AX Gold 1200psu,Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Full Tower ATX Gaming Computer Case

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/07/06 23:04:12 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer

I just finished replacing my RMA'd GPU, you heard that right.    Ran OC Scanner a week ago from tom and lights out she went.  I'm not going to say anything to disrupt this current luck.  Will be trying BFV possibly tonight but surely tomorrow as I'm feeling a tad sleepy since I've been replacing and rebuilding some of the loop since 24+ hours ago.  Tired...

I should note, I got samsung memory. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
GWARAndy
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/07/16 17:44:51 (permalink)
I have this issue, as well. 

It is strange because I didn't have it with my 2060, or my 2070.  But, with my 2080 ti, I have microstutters when X1 is running.

In my case, it caused me to stress right out.  I just stepped up to the 2080 ti, which took 2 weeks, to find that my new card is stuttering in games.  I tried pretty much everything... new PSU, g-sync off and on, new install of windows, different drivers.  The only thing that works is having x1 closed.

In my case, the stutters were so bad they appeared as a straight line going up in riva tuner.  This translated into an immersion breaking screen freeze for a micro second.  Not what I would expect for paying nearly 1200 dollars (more than that with shipping included).

Here is my set up, in case EVGA wishes to test it out:
9900k (stock) with a corsair h150i rgb cooler
Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi with latest bios
32 gigabytes of g.skill rgb tridentz memory at 3200 (xmp) (2 sticks of 16)
1 Samsung 860 evo 1 tb for windows boot and non-gaming programs
1 Samsung 860 evo 1 tb for gaming
beQuiet 750 watt power supply
EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Ti XC Gaming
Windows 10 update 1903

Really disappointing that I cant use this software.  Why does afterburner only control one fan?  That is awful.  Setting my fan speed to 80% is deafening when not in game so I have to swap back and forth (very annoying).  I have tried everything else and closing this software is the only thing that takes away the horrible microstuttering.
GWARAndy
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/07/16 17:48:26 (permalink)
Just adding that the games I noticed the stuttering in were Killing Floor 2 and Dead by Daylight.  Killing Floor 2 always had somewhat of a stutter but it is happening at random times that it never did before.  Dead by Daylight never did for me.
dustinr26
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/07/16 18:38:17 (permalink)
GWARAndy

It is strange because I didn't have it with my 2060, or my 2070.  But, with my 2080 ti, I have microstutters when X1 is running.

In my case, it caused me to stress right out.  I just stepped up to the 2080 ti, which took 2 weeks, to find that my new card is stuttering in games.  I tried pretty much everything... new PSU, g-sync off and on, new install of windows, different drivers.  The only thing that works is having x1 closed.

In my case, the stutters were so bad they appeared as a straight line going up in riva tuner.  This translated into an immersion breaking screen freeze for a micro second.  Not what I would expect for paying nearly 1200 dollars (more than that with shipping included).

Windows 10 update 1903

Really disappointing that I cant use this software.  Why does afterburner only control one fan?  That is awful.  Setting my fan speed to 80% is deafening when not in game so I have to swap back and forth (very annoying).  I have tried everything else and closing this software is the only thing that takes away the horrible microstuttering.

Yea it is not in every game I have noticed but main games I do play it is so I do the workaround of manual check chain to link 3 fans and then set fan slider to like 85% then Close PX1 to game and have butter smooth game play. As I stated above never had any issue with PXOC open on any game on all previous Gen GPUs for EVGA software. Sucks though buying $1400 card with tax for this software PX1 to be like this really does suck actually. They also don't acknowledge at all which is very disconcerting actually. Hoping they fix with update as I do use Custom Fan Curve and pain doing the work around then after game is done having to reopen PX1 just to shut fans down and off basically. Really sucks honestly.

Intel i7 2700k O'Cd 4.6 MHz, Asus ROG Maximus V Extreme,Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus, EVGA GTX 980SC,32gig Corsair Vengeance Ram,240gig OCZ Agility 3 SSD,500gig Samsung 840 EVO SSD,500gig Samsung 850 SSD,1 TB western digital hdd caviar black,2 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD,Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sound Card,Asus VG248QE 144hz monitor x3 in 2d surround with Dell 27 inch S2716DG 144hz 1440p Gsync monitor,Razer Naga MMO mouse,Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard,Logitech 5.1 Z906 Surround System,Corsair AX Gold 1200psu,Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Full Tower ATX Gaming Computer Case

dustinr26
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/07/17 22:45:04 (permalink)
GWARAndy

Windows 10 update 1903

Played couple games BF1 now as I just had the big WIN 10 1903 build update and I didnt have any stuttering this time. Only gave it one game will test more tomorrow but I wonder if 1903 might fix the issue or if it was a one off. 

MrEWhite
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/08/11 12:59:04 (permalink)
I upgraded my i7 8086k to an i9 9900k and the stutter seems to have gone away.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/08/11 13:23:39 (permalink)
MrEWhite

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30991
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/08/12 04:12:01 (permalink)
MrEWhite

Congrats

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

mhijazi
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 343
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/08/16 05:40:56 (permalink)
Hello. I have been having this issue lately. Previously it was fine but I think after upgrading to X1 version 0.8.4 I started seeing stuttering in almost every game I play. DOTA 2, Farcry 5, GTA 5, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Metro Exodus. I did everything possible troubleshooting step that I can think of:

1. Swap cards.
2. Change SLI bridges.
3. uninstall software like Razer Synapse, WD SSD dashboard, Corsair iCUE, NZXT CAM.
4. Verified Reconnected power cables.
5. I have another PC with x99 / 5960-X / 1070 SC SLI and I don't see a single stutter. Still running old PXOC. not sure about Nvidia drivers. but pretty recent drivers.
6. Reinstall windows. In this step I just installed windows and latest Nvidia drivers and nothing else. Issue gone away. After installing X1 and play games while its running in the background. I started noticing micro stuttering. in DOTA 2 its just massive.
7. disable HWM, Same thing.

PC specs:

Z390 Dark
Super Nova G2 1600W
Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
1080 Ti FTW3 SLI
WD SN750 nvme SSD
Windows 10 1903

I will try previous version of X1. if it didn't work I will Drop X1 for now. I have been pulling out my hair for the past 2-3 days trying to find a solution for this.

Update: Nope old version didn't help. I really need the fan control from PX1. Temps getting 80+ with default fan curves on card 1. Pretty annoying that it causes lots of micro stuttering. Problem is I am sure it was running fine. Maybe a Windows update screwed things up ?! I don't know.

Update: I tried to install XOC 6.2.7 , and it See massive stutter , same as PX1. Starting to think it is some kind of windows update. I didn't change any major component in my PC. Only SLI bridge and power links.
post edited by mhijazi - 2019/08/17 08:15:51
mhijazi
iCX Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/08/20 11:59:53 (permalink)
Hello Guys. Sorry for reposting but with what I want to post, the previous post will be very messing. So I have been doing alot of testing for more than a week now with a lot of hair pulling involved. It seems I managed to narrow down the possibilities of the stuttering. It seems it has something to do with G-Sync / SLI.

I used Unigine superposition / DOTA 2 primarily for my testing. Also other games like Forza Horizon 4, Wolfenstein: young blood, Mafia 3, GTA V,  ( I know it's a very bad game to test with, but I was seeing massive stuttering when PX1 is running).  OK see here's what I did:

1. Test each card separately with or without G-Sync enabled on Z390 / 9900k system. No Stuttering with or without PX1 running. (Not with Nvidia Inspector SLI fix)
2. Test with SLI enabled and G-Sync disabled on Z390 / 9900k system. No Stuttering with or without PX1 running. (Not with Nvidia Inspector SLI fix)
3. Test with SLI enabled and G-Sync enabledon Z390 / 9900k system. Stuttering with or without PX1 running. (Not with Nvidia Inspector SLI fix)
4. Test  1080 Tis with above scenarios on a different system X99 / 5960-X. Same results. (Not with Nvidia Inspector SLI fix)
5. Test 1070s on X99 / 5960-X & Z390 / 9900K. No Stuttering with or without PX1 running. (Not with Nvidia Inspector SLI fix)
6. Test 1080 Tis with SLI enabled and G-Sync enabled on Z390 / 9900k system. No stuttering with or without PX1 running. (with Nvidia Inspector SLI fix)
7. Same as step 6 but I see stuttering in games.
8. Reinstalled windows on Z390 system with same results.

So I assume G-Sync on the 1080 Ti is busted ?! But I tested each card separately ( only 1 card physically installed) and with G-Sync enabled and I didn't notice any stuttering. Also If Superposition is running absolutely fine with SLI / G-Sync enabled without even 1 stutter, why is it stuttering in games ?!

It's good news that all other components is not the issue since the stuttering moved with the cards while testing them on X99 system. but still its bad news because I really don't know why this is happening. apparently from the above , it has to be the cards, since 1070s were tested with the same monitor. but each 1080 Ti was working fine alone. only when SLI is enabled with G-sync I start seeing stuttering. I also tried Both BIOS with same result. 

Just to be sure, this is how I configure G-Sync. with or without SLI:

1. Enable G-sync for full and windowed modes.
2. Enable V-sync from global settings.
3. Disable V-sync in game.
4. limit FPS to 97.

At this point, I don't have any other troubleshooting step I can think of, maybe another monitor ? but unfortunately I don't have another G-sync monitor. Any ideas ?

Update: Hello. Just another update. Stuttering came back regardless what settings I did. And now it is even stuttering more with PX1 running. I guess I just have to wait for PX1 new version. I am really tired of troubleshooting. Not sure what went wrong.
post edited by mhijazi - 2019/08/26 15:14:06
MrEWhite
Superclocked Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/09/08 07:20:39 (permalink)
So, I returned the i9 9900k as I'm gonna wait a month for the i9 9900ks and the stuttering returned when I put my 8086k back in the system. How come this only happens on my 6 core CPU?
post edited by MrEWhite - 2019/09/08 07:29:49
mhijazi
iCX Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/09/08 08:23:24 (permalink)
I got 9900K and there's stuttering. I gave up and will just live with it. annoying AF but I give up.
chriswalker1
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/10/23 01:46:21 (permalink)
I have a EVGA 2080ti Black (with a hybrid AIO fitted) and have also experienced this recently when trying to play Assassins Creed Odyssey the stuttering is very bad.
I stumbled across these posts and decided to try remove Precision X1 and right enough the stuttering was removed also.
Interesting to read the comment above regarding G-Sync as I use G-Sync on a Freesync monitor which only works via displayport and when previously using HDMI i didnt notice the stuttering.
mhijazi
iCX Member
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/10/23 02:59:33 (permalink)
Don’t keep PX1 running. Just open it , modify clock/memory speed , set fan speed manually and then close it.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA Precision X1 Causing Stuttering 2019/10/23 09:58:11 (permalink)
mhijazi
Don’t keep PX1 running. Just open it , modify clock/memory speed , set fan speed manually and then close it.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile