EVGA

Helpful ReplySC15 Artifacting

Author
solss
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/07/06 11:45:18 (permalink)
Bought a new SC15 during their ~$1000 dollar sale and ended up with issues from the start. Crackling audio was common but depended on the source. In browsers watching videos it was constant but random. Speaking of browsers -- the only one that works without crashing is Chrome. Firefox crashes with hardware acceleration on or off in x86 or x64. Images in browsers and windows have lines running through them at random intervals. I assumed it had to do with buggy windows scaling but changing settings around doesn't seem to have an effect. Games run okay, no artifacting, no crashing. I've tried different video card drivers, updated bios.

Do I have bad GPU ram? System ram? Should I reformat before contacting support? It was like this from the very get go but I didn't address it during the past year because the laptop saw very little use. Oh, and do i just do windows refresh to reformat and keep my license?
post edited by solss - 2019/07/06 11:49:32
AlexSuru
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: SC15 Artifacting 2019/07/12 10:36:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby solss 2019/07/12 21:42:51
Hello
My advice is first to do a clean WIN install, check the memory and SSD with the Windows Diagnostics or other party programs.
On the other hand if you are handy with computers you could run some diagnostics directly from a bootable Linux or Windows USB stick (you can find many on the WEB).

If problem persist and the diagnostics are clean my best gues is that you have a problem with the GPU.
Hope it helps!
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile