EVGA

What's The Best Settings For NVIDIA Surround on Dual Dell Alienware 34" Curved Monitors?

Author
Digital_Fuzion
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 630
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/07/09 08:59:32 (permalink)
What's are all the best settings for NVIDIA surround on dual Dell Alienware 34" Curved 120Hz Monitors using SLI? I am not able to enable "Maximize 3D Performance". I have self learned many settings thus far. Maybe someone here on the freaky internet forum knows a thing or two and can contribute some good tips and pointers to me.

7 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: What's The Best Settings For NVIDIA Surround on Dual Dell Alienware 34" Curved Monitor 2019/07/09 09:10:06 (permalink)
    Have you tried setting a custom resolution?

You are connected through DisplayPort? Also, I do not have one of these monitors, so I have to ask, does it require two cables and if so, can you connect both to one GPU rather than two?
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: What's The Best Settings For NVIDIA Surround on Dual Dell Alienware 34" Curved Monitor 2019/07/09 09:18:51 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Have you tried setting a custom resolution?

You are connected through DisplayPort? Also, I do not have one of these monitors, so I have to ask, does it require two cables and if so, can you connect both to one GPU rather than two?

Yes, DisplayPort connection. I currently have them plugged in both 1080 Ti's. I believe it will require both cables to be used from each display. I do not know if connecting both cables to one card will work or not. What would be the benefit of connecting both monitors to one card?
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: What's The Best Settings For NVIDIA Surround on Dual Dell Alienware 34" Curved Monitor 2019/07/09 09:24:24 (permalink)
    The benefit would be maximize performance would be reenabled, but I think you will end up needing to span displays.

With two displays, I don’t think it will be a good gaming experience, since the center of the display/aiming point will be right between two monitors. Just using desktop settings, you can attach both monitors to one card, enable maximize performance, and then set up multiple displays, but gaming experiences may not be the best.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: What's The Best Settings For NVIDIA Surround on Dual Dell Alienware 34" Curved Monitor 2019/07/09 09:31:15 (permalink)
    Nvidia site - Surround requires a supported GPU configuration capable of driving three digital monitors or three analog monitors. Monitors can be daisy-chained DisplayPort monitors.

PC Hardware is ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: What's The Best Settings For NVIDIA Surround on Dual Dell Alienware 34" Curved Monitor 2019/07/09 09:48:55 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Nvidia site - Surround requires a supported GPU configuration capable of driving three digital monitors or three analog monitors. Monitors can be daisy-chained DisplayPort monitors. PC Hardware is ?

Hardware:

SSD: X3 Samsung 850 Pro

GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI

MB: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon X299

MEM: G Skill 3400MHz Quad Channel

SSD: X2 Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe

CPU: Intel i9 9900X - Liquid cool with NZXT Kraken X72

Monitors: Dual Dell Alienware AW3418DW 34" Curved G-SYNC 120Hz

PSU: Thermaltake 1600W Tough power Grand DPS G RGB Titanium PS-TPG-1500DPCTUS-T Titanium Edition
    Digital_Fuzion
    SSC Member
    Re: What's The Best Settings For NVIDIA Surround on Dual Dell Alienware 34" Curved Monitor 2019/07/09 10:51:46 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Nvidia site - Surround requires a supported GPU configuration capable of driving three digital monitors or three analog monitors. Monitors can be daisy-chained DisplayPort monitors. PC Hardware is ?

So you can run a monitor from it's DisplayPort to another monitor's DisplayPort via to the graphics card in other words?
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: What's The Best Settings For NVIDIA Surround on Dual Dell Alienware 34" Curved Monitor 2019/07/09 11:23:31 (permalink)
    That link is to the Nvidia tool.  select the correct hardware & monitor setup & it shows you which ports you can use

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile