EVGA

LockedPolice officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 17:22:39 (permalink)
atfrico
Nereus
Delirious

just a reminder not go there with political comments.    

Oops, ok. :x 

Nein!, pleae continue

Delirious

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 17:46:47 (permalink)
Another thing to consider would be if it was the conversation the officers are having that could make someone feel uncomfortable. I know a former sheriff who said his worst calls involved children being accidentally injured and it’s the reason he decided to quit. Police officers can be good people but when decompressing from a call can share details that could be upsetting to people. It doesn’t mean the people around are bad. Just that they are sensitive to what they hear while eating.

I can understand crazy person at Starbucks but the fact they talked to the manager and the manager agreed to ask them to leave makes me feel that more then just crazy person hates police officers.
post edited by Hoggle - 2019/07/07 22:50:46

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 17:57:02 (permalink)
Why are they drinking at beta male coffee company anyways?
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 18:15:45 (permalink)
a213m
1. Clicked on the link
2. Saw an adblock warning popup before I got to finish reading the title
3. Closed the page

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 18:19:55 (permalink)

Need to keep Nereus out of trouble. Not easy, but must try.     

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 20:32:11 (permalink)
XrayMan

Good luck with that.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

_AlanT
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 226
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 20:33:35 (permalink)
Why pay $5 for a frappe when the $2 ones at Mcdonalds get the same job done?
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 21:12:16 (permalink)
EVGATech_AlanT
Why pay $5 for a frappe when the $2 ones at Mcdonalds get the same job done?

Starbucks is overrated.      

&nbsp
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 21:12:33 (permalink)
Nereus
XrayMan

Good luck with that.

&nbsp
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/07 23:58:41 (permalink)
Drink a Greek frappe and you'll be up for a long time if not days.  I used to drink that stuff and sometimes two a day but felt my stomach was going to remove itself from my body but yeah, one of the strongest coffees on the planet, that's for sure.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/08 07:55:07 (permalink)
no matter how much anyone likes or dislike what happened. It's a private business, they have every right to ask people to leave. Any customer offended by it, vote with your wallets, buy the overpriced coffee some where else.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/08 16:43:50 (permalink)
MSim
no matter how much anyone likes or dislike what happened. It's a private business, they have every right to ask people to leave. Any customer offended by it, vote with your wallets, buy the overpriced coffee some where else.

That'd make sense, if the owner was the one that kicked them out. It was obviously a petty employee earning minimum wage not giving a crap about the outcome of his decision.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/08 17:48:27 (permalink)
Hey don't knock starbucks. There is nothing wrong putting 1% of nicotine in a coffee you know
I love my Venti Coffee/Mocha Frappuccino every morning in the summer.
Keeps my heat/x-ray vision at bay

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/08 18:13:26 (permalink)
MSim
no matter how much anyone likes or dislike what happened. It's a private business, they have every right to ask people to leave.

It sure as hell wasn't ok when Starbucks asked a couple of black guys to leave and then called the cops to remove them, and those guys got a settlement from Starbucks which included paying for their entire undergrad degrees.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Methodical2
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 562
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/19 22:52:09 (permalink)
Cool GTX
I just have to wonder what the Employee training looks like & where was the Manager ?

Why would any Customer that is not breaking any laws or harassing anyone be asked to leave

This has happened far too many times already, because...

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

BlackE
Case:  Caselab Magnum STH10
MB:  Asus X670E Hero
CPU:  Ryzen 9 7950x (EK-Quantum Vector²)
GPU:  Asus 4090 TUF OC (EK-Quantum Vector²)
Memory:  G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 (6000 @64gb)
Storage:  WD M.2 NVMe 2TB (OS), 2x4TB (Photography), 1TB (Games)
Fan Controllers: Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT & Octo
PSU:  EVGA 1200 P2
Monitor:  LG 48" UltraGear OLED 4k

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/20 19:50:03 (permalink)
I bet they would of been ok, if they had a manbun. 
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/22 21:11:32 (permalink)

Having to bail out Brad at least twice a year is getting irritating.          

&nbsp
Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/23 09:53:53 (permalink)
XrayMan

What'd I do this time? 
panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 11:49:30 (permalink)
I walked into a Starbucks, once. The prices made me feel unsafe.
NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 12:22:22 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
XrayMan

What'd I do this time? 

I'm going to guess that you were the guy who walked into Starbucks on a cruise ship in your clown costume and started a riot....

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
jameshulsmann
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 14:08:41 (permalink)
So, based on the many of the replies, I guess I am to assume these forums are a hot bed of anti-SJW people who have been persuaded by the fact-less and misrepresenting alt-right (or one it's many, many wolf's in sheep clothing, perhaps).

Either that, or a lot of ****posters.

I can think of several friends, due to how the police treated them in the past when they were literally not breaking the law (but had dark skin, which for some officers, is triggering, apparently).  Also, the news in generally awash in stories of officers killing or harming people when it wasn't called for.  So even if you haven't been subject to racism, perhaps you would just rather a bunch of gun toting people that may or may not be trigger happy not flood your establishment or the one you are current at.  That said, I am white and I live in a mostly white, upper-middle class area, so I dont need police around to feel safe -  I generally feel safe regardless.  If anything, I would wonder why there were suddenly a bunch of police if it was not an establishment they usually congregate at, but if any of them were hot, I wouldn't even be thinking about that.  

Of course, this is based on not knowing anything about this particular situation, but a lot of the other posters are not posting in a way that make me think they do either.  Just lots of mindless "sjw" and "snowflake" and "kids today" and similar low effort, low thought, uninformed (because having our world view challenged doesn't feel good) stuff.

Perhaps some of you need a safe space. 
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 14:17:48 (permalink)
Anti-SJW
1. Annoyed that SJWs and political correctness are becoming ridiculously dominant in society, anti-SJWs find their oversensitivity to perceived racism/sexism, their resulting overreactions and ever-changing euphemisms to be tiresome.
2. Living proof that people who fight monsters can become monsters themselves, anti-SJWs are people who have become so immersed in their perpetual battle against SJWs that they themselves have become equally prone to knee-jerk overreactions.
They can't watch a movie or even a trailer without somehow making it about their conflict; whatever they're doing, if there is a way to make it about political correctness and their fight against it, they will find it.
Many also defend racism and sexism by dismissing legitimate objections as political correctness.
They imagine the entire world to be the part of their "war" against SJWs, so it is useless to suggest that they are going too far - they will simply accuse you of being an SJW trying to bring them down and control them because....reasons.
3. Racists and bigots who opportunistically jump onto the anti-SJW bandwagon as a way to gain supporters and justify their behaviour.
1. Look, I'm all for supporting handicapped people, but calling them "differently-abled" seems a bit overboard, don't you think? I get that sexism is a legitimate problem, but the movie poster is just a poster promoting a movie, it's not saying men are better than women.
What am I supposed to call black people who are neither African nor American? Some SJWs may have good intentions, but I can't help but feel more anti-SJW at this point.
2. Look! This movie has a black lead! That's obviously SJW propaganda! Hey, this female character is slightly more competent in a certain field than the male character? She is clearly a damn Mary Sue! How dare they! Enough with this politically correct nonsense! Just a movie?
It's not just a movie, it's obvious SJW propaganda! I'm not overreacting! SJWs are everywhere...what? Anti-SJW? Stop calling me names!
You are just an SJW who wants to censor everything! It can't be because I'm becoming the very thing I'm fighting! You ****! What? Racist?
Hate speech is wrong? Hah! I knew you were secretly an SJW! EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD IS PART OF OUR WAR! IF YOU'RE NOT RACIST OR SEXIST, THEN YOU ARE A POLITICALLY CORRECT SJW!
3. Hey, have you heard about this group called anti-SJWs? It's awesome, now I can be as racist and sexist as I like; if anyone stops me, all I have to do is complain about SJWs and political correctness, and hordes of people will swarm in to defend me!
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/07/29 14:21:12

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 14:18:34 (permalink)
jameshulsmann
So, based on the many of the replies, I guess I am to assume these forums are a hot bed of anti-SJW people who have been persuaded by the fact-less and misrepresenting alt-right (or one it's many, many wolf's in sheep clothing, perhaps).

I can think of several friends, due to how the police treated them in the past when they were literally not breaking the law (but had dark skin, which for some officers, is triggering, apparently).  Also, the news in generally awash in stories of officers killing or harming people when it wasn't called for.  So even if you haven't been subject to racism, perhaps you would just rather a bunch of gun toting people that may or may not be trigger happy not flood your establishment or the one you are current at.  That said, I am white and I live in a mostly white, upper-middle class area, so I dont need police around to feel safe -  I generally feel safe regardless.  If anything, I would wonder why there were suddenly a bunch of police if it was not an establishment they usually congregate at, but if any of them were hot, I wouldn't even be thinking about that.  

Of course, this is based on not knowing anything about this particular situation, but a lot of the other posters are not posting in a way that make me think they do either.  Just lots of mindless "sjw" and "snowflake" and "kids today" and similar low effort, low thought, uninformed (because having our world view challenged doesn't feel good) stuff.

Lots of speculation going on by you. 56 posts in 11 years and THIS is what you give us? man... ****.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 14:19:40 (permalink)
NordicJedi
Brad_Hawthorne
XrayMan

What'd I do this time? 

I'm going to guess that you were the guy who walked into Starbucks on a cruise ship in your clown costume and started a riot....

post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2019/07/29 14:21:57

Attached Image(s)

krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5067
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 14:28:52 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Anti-SJW
1. Annoyed that SJWs and political correctness are becoming ridiculously dominant in society, anti-SJWs find their oversensitivity to perceived racism/sexism, their resulting overreactions and ever-changing euphemisms to be tiresome.
2. Living proof that people who fight monsters can become monsters themselves, anti-SJWs are people who have become so immersed in their perpetual battle against SJWs that they themselves have become equally prone to knee-jerk overreactions.
They can't watch a movie or even a trailer without somehow making it about their conflict; whatever they're doing, if there is a way to make it about political correctness and their fight against it, they will find it.
Many also defend racism and sexism by dismissing legitimate objections as political correctness.
They imagine the entire world to be the part of their "war" against SJWs, so it is useless to suggest that they are going too far - they will simply accuse you of being an SJW trying to bring them down and control them because....reasons.
3. Racists and bigots who opportunistically jump onto the anti-SJW bandwagon as a way to gain supporters and justify their behaviour.
1. Look, I'm all for supporting handicapped people, but calling them "differently-abled" seems a bit overboard, don't you think? I get that sexism is a legitimate problem, but the movie poster is just a poster promoting a movie, it's not saying men are better than women.
What am I supposed to call black people who are neither African nor American? Some SJWs may have good intentions, but I can't help but feel more anti-SJW at this point.
2. Look! This movie has a black lead! That's obviously SJW propaganda! Hey, this female character is slightly more competent in a certain field than the male character? She is clearly a damn Mary Sue! How dare they! Enough with this politically correct nonsense! Just a movie?
It's not just a movie, it's obvious SJW propaganda! I'm not overreacting! SJWs are everywhere...what? Anti-SJW? Stop calling me names!
You are just an SJW who wants to censor everything! It can't be because I'm becoming the very thing I'm fighting! You ****! What? Racist?
Hate speech is wrong? Hah! I knew you were secretly an SJW! EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD IS PART OF OUR WAR! IF YOU'RE NOT RACIST OR SEXIST, THEN YOU ARE A POLITICALLY CORRECT SJW!
3. Hey, have you heard about this group called anti-SJWs? It's awesome, now I can be as racist and sexist as I like; if anyone stops me, all I have to do is complain about SJWs and political correctness, and hordes of people will swarm in to defend me!

Hear, Hear!

i7 7800X | EVGA x299 micro |Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
Affiliate Code: PPZ-BV2-N9LE
"When it stops being fun,  it's no longer a game"
Heatware 

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11083
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 14:53:12 (permalink)
jameshulsmann

I bet I would feel safe living where you do too, as you should.
I have not heard of many times where police  killed some one who were innocent or just because of their color.
Have you noticed most of the time the person killed had over a dozen prior convictions and a history of criminal activities.
Don't fight or resist arrest with the officer and chances are good you will live to see another day. No matter your color.
If they say you're going to jail, just go. Get a lawyer, post bond, but for gods sake, do not resist.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 15:24:49 (permalink)

"Remove thread subscription" ..thank you for that option.

EVGATech_AdamB
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1930
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Police officers were asked to leave a Starbucks for making customers feel unsafe. 2019/07/29 17:52:25 (permalink)
Locking thread. 

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile