best cable to use PC to TV?

Author
cabbage
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2027
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/06/30 10:17:14 (permalink)
I would like to project my monitor to my TV and was wondering which is the best cable to use. graphics card is an evga 1080ti. and my TV is an LG C8 OLED. im sure HDMI TO HDMI would work. what about Display to HDMI though? im trying to get the best picture I can over to the TV

13 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/06/30 11:16:03 (permalink)

Moved to General Hardware.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/06/30 11:33:14 (permalink)
    I don't think your image will change all that much as long as you are using an HDMI 2.0 cable.  
    EVGATech_BrandonO
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 224
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/06/30 12:40:11 (permalink)
    Hello,

You can choose whichever connection.
    Won't notice any image quality changes if you do display to HDMI.

Just go with HDMI and you should be fine.

Brandon

Have a moment? Please rate our service
    cabbage
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/06/30 13:16:47 (permalink)
    ok. just ordered an HDMI 2.0. sweet. AMC offers a week long free streaming trial. gonna binge season 1 of NOS4A2 while im layed up.
    thanks guys
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31000
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/06/30 13:32:23 (permalink)
    Hope you recovery is quick

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/07/02 20:29:27 (permalink)
    Hey Bud,
    I missed this thread.  I usually go with the feedback of the users in Amazon. I got me one of the HDMI cables as well, and so far, it has been a enjoyable experience from PC to TV.  It is a big difference day and night from stock HDMI cable. I dumped the stock HDMI cable and won't look back.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/07/02 23:19:34 (permalink)
    atfrico
    Hey Bud,
    I missed this thread.  I usually go with the feedback of the users in Amazon. I got me one of the HDMI cables as well, and so far, it has been a enjoyable experience from PC to TV.  It is a big difference day and night from stock HDMI cable. I dumped the stock HDMI cable and won't look back.

With an HDMI cable it should work and be fine or it just won't give a picture at all. The only thing that really maters is the generation of HDMI support it has. I am guessing the stock cable might have been something old and not made for support for 4K. Some cables are better made then others but I just don't want people to think they need to buy the expensive HDMI cables that are like $10 a foot.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/07/03 02:29:38 (permalink)
    It's all digital. It's not like a few decades ago when analog signals were effected by cable quality. The only variation that is really had with cables now is bandwidth. Some cables will do lossless compression allowing for wider bandwidth. Newer HDMI and DisplayPort specs brought those cable variations around. Only really matters if the video card and the display both can benefit from the high speed cable though. One thing to keep in mind with these chipped lossless compression cables is to make sure which end is plugged into the video card and which is plugged into the display. They have a source end and a display end that will be labeled on the cable. Plugging it in backwards will result in no signal.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2019/07/03 02:33:47
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/07/04 11:17:25 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    It's all digital. It's not like a few decades ago when analog signals were effected by cable quality. The only variation that is really had with cables now is bandwidth. Some cables will do lossless compression allowing for wider bandwidth. Newer HDMI and DisplayPort specs brought those cable variations around. Only really matters if the video card and the display both can benefit from the high speed cable though. One thing to keep in mind with these chipped lossless compression cables is to make sure which end is plugged into the video card and which is plugged into the display. They have a source end and a display end that will be labeled on the cable. Plugging it in backwards will result in no signal.

+1 Great point and thank you for making it clearer for everyone to understand. It is true, it all depends of the bandwidth of the cable, if it is able to provide/match the same speed of the video card and the TV input and output. 
    In my case, i did benefit by switching the HDMI cable from stock.

Hoggle
    With an HDMI cable it should work and be fine or it just won't give a picture at all. The only thing that really maters is the generation of HDMI support it has. I am guessing the stock cable might have been something old and not made for support for 4K. Some cables are better made then others but I just don't want people to think they need to buy the expensive HDMI cables that are like $10 a foot.

Well, as Brad put it, it all depends on the bandwidth transfer speed and i tell you, i noticed the difference. Samsung did not provide a great HDMI when I bought the TV 2 years ago. At the end of last year i decided to change the HDMI cable and it paid off, on my end.
    I am very meticulous when it comes to graphics quality.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

cabbage
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/07/04 12:48:22 (permalink)
    atfrico. its been a while. really nice hearing from you again. hope all is well my friend. I picked up this cable for a decent price..https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H8QP9GY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    it works flawlessly and the picture on the LG OLED is beautiful. just a few clicks is all it takes. thanks EVERYONE for your help in this matter and happy 4th to all
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/07/04 18:30:45 (permalink)
    cabbage
    atfrico. its been a while. really nice hearing from you again. hope all is well my friend. I picked up this cable for a decent price..https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H8QP9GY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    it works flawlessly and the picture on the LG OLED is beautiful. just a few clicks is all it takes. thanks EVERYONE for your help in this matter and happy 4th to all

Good choice. Good cable, with good ratings.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/07/04 18:49:39 (permalink)
    cabbage

Yes it has buddy. Everything is good and i hope everything is well for you as well. I am glad you decided to switch and go for this cable. I have/bought it as well, the 6ft one. It works as it should for the price and yes, the picture quality is improved, even watching the you tube videos at 4K.

XrayMan

Good choice. Good cable, with good ratings.

+1  I pick the 6ft cable

Onetwokiss
    • Total Posts : 10
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: best cable to use PC to TV? 2019/07/07 19:11:38 (permalink)
    atfrico
    I have/bought it as well, the 6ft one. It works as it should for the price and yes, the picture quality is improved, even watching the you tube videos at 4K.

I need one, too.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile