H370 stinger / Hadron Air chassis fan control

Author
gusrub
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/06/23 21:42:16 (permalink)
Hello,

I had an older rig with a Z170 stinger and a Hadron Air that I passed down to my younger brother. I built a new one with an H370 stinger and a new Hadron Air but I did noticed that the new case, although the same model, has some differences. The older one came with a CD/DVD drive slim bay (that I never used) and probably a different set of fans/coolers in the top. The new model seems to have noisier fans. They are not terrible but the older one you could barely hear them unless the system was very hot.

So I'm wondering if this is in fact because the fans are different (maybe brand?) or does the mobo/BIOS play a part? This new UEFI system does have SMART control for the CPU fan but the one for the chassis is configured to be at the highest speed and there is no "SMART" option whatsoever.

Attaching images for reference. UEFI option says that the default is smart fan but I just don't see how to set that option.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Image(s)

6 Replies Related Threads

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: H370 stinger / Hadron Air chassis fan control 2019/06/24 06:19:29 (permalink)
    Hello there!

To my knowledge we have not made any changes to the hadron cases or the internal components. For the fan settings in BIOS you have to go to Advanced > HW Monitor Configuration to adjust the fan mode for all available headers but only Cha_Fan and CPU fan support SMART all others can only be set to Max and set to a certain speed percentage.

Did your case not come with a CD/DVD optical drive?
    gusrub
    Re: H370 stinger / Hadron Air chassis fan control 2019/06/24 09:44:30 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseR
    Hello there!

To my knowledge we have not made any changes to the hadron cases or the internal components. For the fan settings in BIOS you have to go to Advanced > HW Monitor Configuration to adjust the fan mode for all available headers but only Cha_Fan and CPU fan support SMART all others can only be set to Max and set to a certain speed percentage.

Did your case not come with a CD/DVD optical drive?

No, it did not come with the DVD drive slot. Not that I mind really as I use an external one in the rare cases I need to read a disc, but still odd.

I did went to Advanced > HW Monitor Configuration but there is just no option for the CHA_FAN to set it to smart, the only options available by changing the minus/plus buttons are:

1. OFF
    2. Range of 1% to 99%
    3. MAX (current setting) 
    The other fans can be setup though, if you notice there is a blueish background on the CPU1_FAN and CPU2_FAN settings which allows me to click on either and set the levels, however, in the CHA_FAN there is no additional options. I attached a picture displaying that on my first post. What caught my attention is that if I do select the CHA_FAN option the right sidebar states:

CHA_FAN:
    Enter a value of 0-100 and the fan will run at that percent of its capacity, this is also refered to as DC/PWM Mode.
    Smart fan will auto adjust based off of heat.
    Default is Smart Fan, as that is the balance between cool and quite.

So it states that Smart Fan should be supported by the configuration, yet I don't see that option. I would think it has to do with the coolers in the case maybe?

Attaching also a pic of the side of the case without the drive slot (sorry for the dusty front):

Attached Image(s)

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    Re: H370 stinger / Hadron Air chassis fan control 2019/06/24 11:19:49 (permalink)
    To be fair, I only checked this was possible but with a Z270 FTW K. 

Are you on the latest BIOS on the H370 Stinger? 

I did get an update that we stopped including the optical drive on the hadron cases. 
    gusrub
    Re: H370 stinger / Hadron Air chassis fan control 2019/06/24 11:41:04 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseR
    To be fair, I only checked this was possible but with a Z270 FTW K. 

Are you on the latest BIOS on the H370 Stinger? 

Yes, I'm on the latest which is 1.06

EVGATech_JoseR
    I did get an update that we stopped including the optical drive on the hadron cases. 

Makes sense.

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    Re: H370 stinger / Hadron Air chassis fan control 2019/06/24 11:59:12 (permalink)
    I will forward this to our product management for review. Looks like the feature was overlooked when the BIOS was released and could be an issue with all previous versions. 
    gusrub
    Re: H370 stinger / Hadron Air chassis fan control 2019/06/24 14:21:46 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseR
    I will forward this to our product management for review. Looks like the feature was overlooked when the BIOS was released and could be an issue with all previous versions. 

Great! Hopefully something will be released soon as a fix.

Thanks!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile