EVGA

DGtuner issues, works for a second at startup, hear "USB Chime" then disables

Author
offensive_jerk
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/06/06 09:01:04 (permalink)
I have a brand new build running the may update for Windows 10, 1903.  

I have installed DGTuner.  The software is so picky.  After installing it would complain to close other "3d" programs, the EPIC launcher.  I close that, then DGTuner opens.  From there I am able to adjust my EVGA GPU and case.

When I reboot, Windows starts booting, and my RGB fans start the color breathing effect.  Then stops after a few seconds and stays at a static color.  DGTuner says it needs permission to run and I have to click an allow button from Windows.  By then the RBG fans and case all stop and stay at one color.  I then need to open DGTuner from the tray and click on EVGA sync again for it to work.  This fixes it, until the next reboot.  Then it all happens again.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and no luck.

Is there a fix for this?  This case seems worthless to have all of these features when  the software is unreliable.  That's not even to mention the hassle of merely finding the software on this website, and then having to register the case just to get a software package.  The whole process seems overly convoluted.  What good is the built in RGB hub if it's unreliable?  I am starting to regret my decision to purchase this case, and should have went with the NZXT I was eyeing up.  I even spent the extra $30 on the vertical GPU mounting bracket.  Of all the EVGA products I've bought, this is the only one that frustrated me this badly.  I've never had to contact support or write a forum post until now.

And, yes, I have the sata connector and USB plugged in.

Specs
CPU:Ryzen 2700
Mobo: Asus x470 prime
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070
post edited by offensive_jerk - 2019/06/06 09:03:37

3 Replies Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: DGtuner issues, works for a second at startup, hear "USB Chime" then disables 2019/06/06 14:38:39 (permalink)
    offensive_jerk
    running the may update for Windows 10, 1903.  

That might very well be the problem..There have been some known issues and I'm sure there's more..Many versions of DGTuner have been updated to address issues with Windows 1809, but nothing on 1903 yet..It might help to know what DG case you have.

You might also try uninstalling DGTuner through Revo Uninstaller (Free)..Use the Advanced Mode to Scan for and delete leftover registry entries, files and folders, then restart your PC and install DGTuner again.

Be sure to checkmark to delete only the registry entries shown in bold text.

I'm doing the 1903 update as we speak, so to speak..Hoping it goes well.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

offensive_jerk
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: DGtuner issues, works for a second at startup, hear "USB Chime" then disables 2019/06/06 14:51:50 (permalink)
    I have the DG-76 and I'm using the package that calls for it.. the one that's 1. Something or other
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: DGtuner issues, works for a second at startup, hear "USB Chime" then disables 2019/06/06 15:23:11 (permalink)
    Yeah, says version 1.0.7 is the latest for your case..Might be issues with Win10 1903 like there was with 1809..You can Contact EVGA Customer Service or make Complaints and Suggestions, but the EVGA Techs monitor forum posts or a Moderator might bring it to their attention..Hang tight for now, I guess.

There's UAC Pass that might work well to get around the permission issue if you don't want to turn off UAC..I've used that before and it worked well for me.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile