EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE

Author
ZGIERA
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/05/22 22:22:37 (permalink)
Hi there,
EVGA panel doesn't display CPU TEMP so due to this problem I can't setup AUTO Speed over monitor software. Every each time when I set up to Auto their crap software crashing.
It is funny thing becasue all CPU temps are displayed properly below at HARDWARE MONITOR.
I'm sure it is not hardware issue, otherwise it won't displayed any temps or it won't give me control over waterloop speed or any other functions.
I have tried all "magic" tricks such a reinstal the software, removed drivers, check connectors, etc. - unsuccessfuly.
Few days ago I have sent EVGA technical support message about this issues buy they never get back to me.
Maybe you can help me out with this thing,
Thanks

Attached Image(s)

14 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/05/22 22:36:11 (permalink)
    What motherboard and CPU are you using? From my understanding that reading would come from the CPU sensor itself while the coolant temps are what the cooler is doing. From what I am seeing with the numbers I don't think you have much to worry about since the cooler is working.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

ZGIERA
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/05/23 05:08:21 (permalink)
    I'm working on GA-EX58A-UD7 Rev.2.0 with intel i7-960 bloomfield at my work. I have used corsair closed water loop before and it was worked perfectly without any software issues until pump controller chip on PCB got malfunction and I have no time to replace it with new one so I have decided to buy this one EVGA (something new, something better -maybe)
    I think if I buying something, something new so I would be more likely expected that thing can works fine without any trouble.
    as you can see yourself temp sensors on cpu works fine and can be displayed even over EVGA control panel but for some reason the software have problem to displayed and recognized temperature on cpu. my 12 years work experience in IT industry says me it is not hardware issue but software EVGA provided to their customers.
    Problem is, sometimes I have to use more overloading cpu and motherboard software and I need to go to EVGA panel to set up manualy speed fan as this device can set up the speed itself, when I finished with that sofware I need go to EVGA panel to make a lower speed of the fan as noise of this fan is too big. IF THIS SOFTWARE HAS NO CPU TEMP CONTROL THERE IS NO CONTROL OVER THE FAN
    I'm affraid it is not a solution to my problem with this device.
    I have paid for something that should works fine without any kind of issues.
    ZGIERA
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/05/24 15:20:12 (permalink)
    well... nobody here to help me out? EVGA don't release a software which won't work !!!!!!!
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/05/24 15:33:35 (permalink)
    Are your C++ Runtimes current both x86 and x64?
    Have you installed the Current Chipset Drivers? Intel® Chipset Driver for Windows Version: 10.1.18010.8141 (Latest)
    Is the Bios Current on your Motherboard?
    What Version of Windows 10 are you Running?
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/05/24 15:36:52

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

ZGIERA
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/05/24 17:34:03 (permalink)
    C++ run with both x86 and x64 mode
    I have already installed intel chipset driver for X58 chipset
    I have lastest BIOS installed for this motherboard which is FD
    It is windows 10 Pro
    ZGIERA
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/06/03 07:31:07 (permalink)
    EGVA !!! what is wrong with your product that won't work properly ???? !!!!!!
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/06/03 10:32:53 (permalink)
    Try uninstalling Flow Control through Revo Uninstaller (Free)..Then use Revo's Advanced Mode to Scan for and delete leftover Flow Control registry entries, files and folders..Then restart your PC and install Flow Control again.

Be sure that only the registry entries shown in bold text are checkmarked to be deleted in Revo.

Be sure that any other programs that monitor CPU temperature are closed before installing Flow Control.

I have Real Temp that interferes with Precision X1 and not showing CPU temps..Others have reported NZXT CAM, Corsair Link, and Sidebar Diagnostics, to name a few..Flow Control might have that similar issue too.

To see what program might be interfering, run regedit, then go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services folder, find the WinRing0_1_2_0 folder and left-click on it, then double-click ImagePath in the right pane and see what program it points to and close regedit, then close that program and install Flow Control again, then restart your PC.

Just a few thoughts here..Good luck.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30978
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/06/03 11:38:31 (permalink)
    thanks Bob great advice & help

I'll also add, Make sure All Background software is Off - including security software, so go offline first

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/06/03 11:39:07 (permalink)
    My parents i7 970 has the same issue. It's running on an Intel DX58SO motherboard from an old build I had a long time ago. I know all drivers are up to date on it since I haven't seen anything new for the board in the last 3 years but might have to see if Windows 10 changed a driver from an Intel release to one they felt it should be forced to have. The hardware monitor shows the cores temps but the main screen CPU shows nothing like seen above. Not really worried since it's mostly used for email and word documents by then with very light photo editing like removing red eye and such by them.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/06/03 11:59:00 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    thanks Bob great advice & help

I'll also add, Make sure All Background software is Off - including security software, so go offline first

Thanks, Cool.

But then again, it just might be that Flow Control is wonky.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

ZGIERA
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/06/04 02:14:47 (permalink)
    Thanks for your help :) !!!!!!
    I was follow up all of your advices lads and I did exactly what you said before, unfortunately problem is still here,
    nothing changed.
    I'm loosing all my hope to get this fixed done.
    What do you think should I go to send RMA warranty to EVGA or get back this non working piece of useless crap to the seller where I have purchased this thing?
    thanks again for your time. I'm angry on it becasue I thought if I will paid money for something which is new that would work without any problems (specailly it is not cheap device)
    post edited by ZGIERA - 2019/06/04 04:26:18
    ZGIERA
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/06/04 02:19:25 (permalink)
    @Hoggle as I said before I don't think so it is hardware problem it is more likely software issue as the device flow control is sending all the signals from rpm sensor and temp sensor. for some reason EVGA software have problem to display and manage cpu temp even if this displayed all cpu temps below in hardware monitor

ZGIERA
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/06/04 04:48:56 (permalink)
    EVGA should put information over the retail box "DOESN'T COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER CHIPSET OR CPU" if EVGA controller have problem with X58 chipset motherboards with their cpu. I should stay with CORSAIR waterloop which I had before if I knew I would have such a big problem with their crap. I can see I'm not alone who experienced this kind of problem. I can see posts with complaints about the same issue which I have dated on 2017 and EVGA did nothing to improve it, if people still have the same problem now.
    post edited by ZGIERA - 2019/06/04 04:54:57
    ZGIERA
    Re: EVGA CLC 120MM WATER CPU COOLER -NO CPU TEMPERATURE 2019/06/11 08:59:38 (permalink)

I just let you know HOW USELESS THAT EVGA product is....

I have contact EVGA support about this issue which I have experienced with their piece of crap product which I bought from them few weeks ago. unfortunately they have nothing to tell me to resolve this problem but they said their customers have experienced problems as I have.
    I asked them how we can resolve this problem and they said I need to return this to their office at my own expenses because they released product which won't work properly !!!!

EVGA!!!!! shame on you, you shouldn't released your product which won't work as you said, my only fault was that I have pick it up and bought that useless piece of crap from you !!!!!

why I should pay return postage specially I'm based in the country where is no evga office and I have to pay a lot of money to send it back to you. YOU SHOULD PAY FOR IT !!!!! AS YOU RELEASED THIS FAULTY PRODUCT !!!!!!

I think in this way you wanna ripped of the money from your customers pocket

NEVER AGAIN !!!!
    I was on plenty IT forums to speak about your products NOW I know why many people avoid your products like dissease
    post edited by ZGIERA - 2019/06/11 09:08:00
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile