EVGA Sleeved Cables, Thoughts?

Author
jasoncodispoti
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 628
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2019/05/20 12:49:38 (permalink)
Looking for the good, bad, and ugly regarding the colored EVGA sleeved cables? Thinking about getting a set of the white ones... 

Intel Core i7-9800x | EVGA X299 Dark| EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra HydroCopper | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | EKWB Liquid Cooled Loop | Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2

5 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA Sleeved Cables, Thoughts? 2019/05/20 13:23:17 (permalink)
    Got mine when they were on Sale

The length is the same as the stock cables

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Tribbs
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 247
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA Sleeved Cables, Thoughts? 2019/05/21 12:06:47 (permalink)
    Pretty average but the ones I have are from when they first started selling sleeved extensions.  Currently built a PC with cable mod pro's in carbon and they train a lot better with thicker wires, although if I were to do it again I would definitely have done custom length ones as my pci-e cables are way too long in their standard length kits.  
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA Sleeved Cables, Thoughts? 2019/05/21 12:15:50 (permalink)
    One thing I like about having them as an option is having an option to replace worn or damaged cables. It’s good to know if something happens to a fully modular PSU you can always just buy the cable set and your good. Since some people use zip ties for cable management that is very nice.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

jasoncodispoti
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 628
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: EVGA Sleeved Cables, Thoughts? 2019/05/21 14:17:37 (permalink)
    Tribbs
    Pretty average but the ones I have are from when they first started selling sleeved extensions.  Currently built a PC with cable mod pro's in carbon and they train a lot better with thicker wires, although if I were to do it again I would definitely have done custom length ones as my pci-e cables are way too long in their standard length kits.  

My plan was to get Cable Mod as well, but due to the associate program I could get the ones from EVGA for free... lol. 

Intel Core i7-9800x | EVGA X299 Dark| EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra HydroCopper | 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum | EKWB Liquid Cooled Loop | Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA Sleeved Cables, Thoughts? 2019/05/21 16:23:38 (permalink)
    jasoncodispoti
    Tribbs

My plan was to get Cable Mod as well, but due to the associate program I could get the ones from EVGA for free... lol. 

Mid-week madness starts in ~ 7 Hrs ... You never know ... might offer what you need with free shipping Or discount

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile