Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/05/21 02:27:54 (permalink)
https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-aims-for-perfection-new-coolant-packing/

EK WaterBlocks has just announced that they will be updating the packaging on their coolant options. The company says that no other changes besides packaging have been done - the coolants have been proving to be "very reliable", the company says. I guess that means they don't fail at the one job they have to do. The updated packaging brings about an increase in coolant capacity for the end user, which now sees the bottles being increased in volume from 900 ml to 1000 ml, as well as an added tin foil cap, which serves as a quality assurance regarding the non-violation of your preferred coolant option.

These are available for €6.90 and €8.90 for the concentrate and Premix varieties.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

9 Replies Related Threads

panzlock
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1736
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EK Announces Three New Coolant Colors, New Packaging for Coolant Options 2019/05/22 04:41:08 (permalink)
    A lot of people whinge about RGB in PC cases. But I have never heard/read anyone mention how absolutely stupid coloured coolants make a PC look.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: EK Announces Three New Coolant Colors, New Packaging for Coolant Options 2019/05/22 10:53:48 (permalink)
    panzlock
    A lot of people whinge about RGB in PC cases. But I have never heard/read anyone mention how absolutely stupid coloured coolants make a PC look.

I don't think it's how stupid they look but what the negative effects from them that is of concern.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EK Announces Three New Coolant Colors, New Packaging for Coolant Options 2019/05/22 11:21:00 (permalink)
    EK could have change type of plastic for better shelf-life beside going to a full liter in volume

I'm on the Clear is best & less is More wagon

Most of the "fancy coolant" is for Show Queens - IMO 

It just never seems to end well for daily drivers from what I've read

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: EK Announces Three New Coolant Colors, New Packaging for Coolant Options 2019/05/22 11:59:56 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    EK could have change type of plastic for better shelf-life beside going to a full liter in volume

I'm on the Clear is best & less is More wagon

Most of the "fancy coolant" is for Show Queens - IMO 

It just never seems to end well for daily drivers from what I've read

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EK Announces Three New Coolant Colors, New Packaging for Coolant Options 2019/05/22 15:00:20 (permalink)
    panzlock

I think it’s because the coolant are focused on one or two color idea. RGB is normally shown as a rainbow lighting effect which you like or you hate. I personally have all my RGB the same color and feel RGB is great for that as it can fit my mood at any given time. With coolant it’s the same as your given the option of personal style to the system and that I feel is great since everyone likes to feel this is their computer.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

flyinion
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2275
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: EK Announces Three New Coolant Colors, New Packaging for Coolant Options 2019/05/22 16:47:38 (permalink)
    Hoggle

I think it’s because the coolant are focused on one or two color idea. RGB is normally shown as a rainbow lighting effect which you like or you hate. I personally have all my RGB the same color and feel RGB is great for that as it can fit my mood at any given time. With coolant it’s the same as your given the option of personal style to the system and that I feel is great since everyone likes to feel this is their computer.

Gotta agree.  I don't think there's anything wrong with RGB in general.  It gives you the ability to change the look without having to go buy a new peripheral.  When I bought my first backlit keyboard you had to choose not only features but one color light as well.  If the features you liked didn't have a light color that matched the rest of your build you were stuck.  Now, multicolored flashing strobing lightshow on the other hand is ughhh for daily use.  (IMO)

AMD Ryzen 5950X | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK Vector2 | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | WD SN850 2TB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB & 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Kanto YU2 + Yamaha sub | Schiit Magni 2 Uber & Modi 2 Uber | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro | Custom water loop
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11083
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: EK Announces Three New Coolant Colors, New Packaging for Coolant Options 2019/05/23 01:48:56 (permalink)
    I make my own coolant. 20oz steam distilled water, 2oz Prestone antifreeze and 1oz redline water wetter and 2 drops of dawn dish soap.
    My temps are great and no growths, no corrosion.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EK Announces Three New Coolant Colors, New Packaging for Coolant Options 2019/05/23 03:12:47 (permalink)
    bill1024
    I make my own coolant. 20oz steam distilled water, 2oz Prestone antifreeze and 1oz redline water wetter and 2 drops of dawn dish soap.
    My temps are great and no growths, no corrosion.

The "green kind" of Prestone antifreeze ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11083
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: EK Announces Three New Coolant Colors, New Packaging for Coolant Options 2019/05/23 14:29:20 (permalink)
    Yep that kind.. I won't flush it when I am done with it. And won't let the dog drink it either.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile