EVGA

Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/06/17 00:06:55 (permalink)
Leonardohlb
Can anyone know if it is possible to install arctic accelero III or IV on the 2080ti black?

If I were you'd, I'd put a Hybrid Kit on it but if budget is an issue or you're dead on with that cooler, here's the cooler you're looking for, for your GPU.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 177
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/06/17 08:37:32 (permalink)
Budget is no problem, problem is that in my country does not have these components yet.
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/06/17 09:47:20 (permalink)
Leonardohlb
Budget is no problem, problem is that in my country does not have these components yet.

Which country are we talking about for reference?

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/06/17 16:24:18 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
Leonardohlb

Which country are we talking about for reference?

Brazil.
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/06/17 16:43:08 (permalink)
Today I did the mod with a Hyper 212x, the result was excellent but I did not like much of the system appearance, so I came back with the original cooler, the EVGA cooler regardless of the amount of thermal grease I use it creates two pockets of air on the sides of the chip, the Hyper 212x had absolute contact in the center of the chip, the cooler of EVGA in 100% ambient temperature of 22º reaches 69º in stock, Hyper 212x reached 53º with OC, I decided to leave the original cooler for a while until deciding what I will, maybe a Kraken G12 with a rad 240mm, 360mm is enough to keep below 50º.

A curisasity is that even the board being limited I can stabilize at 2040/16800 without oscillating clock if the temperature is up to 50º, now I know why EVGA chose new coolers bigger like XC ultra and FTW3, RTX heats much more than the GTX.

Attached Image(s)

Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/06/17 16:54:34 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
Leonardohlb
I'm thinking of doing this because I have a 212x left over here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-5WEgZhCec
But what about thermal paste the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is better than the original thermal paste?

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is good Thermal Paste, you will need to test it yourself to see if it is better or not than the OEM Paste

I highly recommend that you Do Not Do This

Attached Image(s)

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2019/06/17 20:45:20 (permalink)
Leonardohlb
Today I did the mod with a Hyper 212x, the result was excellent but I did not like much of the system appearance, so I came back with the original cooler, the EVGA cooler regardless of the amount of thermal grease I use it creates two pockets of air on the sides of the chip, the Hyper 212x had absolute contact in the center of the chip, the cooler of EVGA in 100% ambient temperature of 22º reaches 69º in stock, Hyper 212x reached 53º with OC, I decided to leave the original cooler for a while until deciding what I will, maybe a Kraken G12 with a rad 240mm, 360mm is enough to keep below 50º.

A curisasity is that even the board being limited I can stabilize at 2040/16800 without oscillating clock if the temperature is up to 50º, now I know why EVGA chose new coolers bigger like XC ultra and FTW3, RTX heats much more than the GTX.

Right on. 

LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
pinkzebra
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Ribbons : 0
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2021/03/13 03:56:02 (permalink)

23.02.2021 - replacing thermal compound on the Graphics  card will nose loose the warranty.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21173
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2021/03/13 08:24:34 (permalink)
That is not true.
Is that a virus?  What are you trying to get me to view?
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/03/13 08:29:17

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

pinkzebra
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2021/03/13 09:38:19 (permalink)
meaning of words "card will nose loose the warranty" is "not lose the warranty"  and EVGA Customer Service Team joke me.
I sent a reply letter asking for an explanation of this answer.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21173
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2021/03/13 09:43:25 (permalink)
Ha, ha, ha, they made a typo.....

This is ridiculous.  Why are you saying this nonsense as a bad joke?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30999
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2021/03/13 10:20:35 (permalink)
EVGA allows the removal of the heatsink, change the TIM or thermal pads ..... it Does Not Void your warranty ... (unlike other brands)

However - you have to do the work correctly - As - Physical damage to the card - due to mishap or mishandling - is Not covered by Warranty

----------------------------------------------------

FAQ # 57720

Does water-cooling or installing a third party cooling solution on my video card void the warranty?

Installing third party cooling solutions does not void warranty on our products. Just be sure to keep the original cooling solution as it will have to be on the card if it is ever sent in for RMA. Any physical damage such as burn marks, water residue or damage, or any damage to the PCB will void ALL warranties.

--------------------------------

FAQ # 58128

Will removing the heatsink from the video card and placing a 3rd party one on void my warranty?

No, putting a 3rd party cooling solution on the video card will not void your warranty. However, please take extra precaution when doing so as to make sure you do not damage the card removing the original cooling solution or the card itself installing the new 3rd party heatsink.

Due to our warranty terms cards that do not arrive in original factory condition will be declined warranty support and the product returned at the customer’s expense.

We strongly urge all of our customers to retain the original heat sink/fan.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

IronEagle585eu
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2021/07/30 12:49:56 (permalink)
Bit late to the thread, but I put Thermal Grizzly Kryo on me previous RTX 2080 Black, it was doing the fan spin up spin down dance, sorted it out  a treat, dead easy to do as well. The old paste was shot, never got above 70C under heavy load in DCS playing VR with a G2 after re-pasting. Great stuff, but yeh prob not looking at massive temp drops if you already have pretty stable temps, also got TG thermal pads, but wasnt brave enough to switch those out at the time :D.
post edited by IronEagle585eu - 2021/07/30 12:51:07

vyneroon2
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2022/03/15 17:45:55 (permalink)
Cool GTX
EVGA allows the removal of the heatsink, change the TIM or thermal pads ..... it Does Not Void your warranty ... (unlike other brands)

Kind of a necro buuutt

I just wanted to say, so obviously EVGA cards are not great with gddr6x.  Better than some companies like Gigabyte and MSI though.  However with the 6x cooling issues changing thermal pads is common practice on 3080's and above for most companies.  EVGA uses pretty bad thermal pads and someone I know who also has verifiable proof from CS got denied an RMA for changing thermal pads.  I don't know why he would even say he changed them in his request, but I guess he was nervous about being denied for it; even though every company I've dealt with does not care at all and generally I'll do a better job and 100% of the time I will use higher quality pads.  So anyways they denied him for this as he feared and the solution they gave to him was to buy their midlow quality pads from their store and install those in order to process his RMA.  So I would be cautious I guess.  EVGA is generally the best in terms of warranty but their terms have gotten very stringent as of late and much less customer friendly on paper.  I haven't had any issues in anyway with EVGA outside of receiving dead or physically damaged cards from their b-stock line up, but I thought I would throw that out there.  I believe it goes against right to repair laws and potentially this helps shed light on this situation so doesn't happen to others since they are just getting scammed out of money if they have to buy the stock thermal pads just to RMA their card.

Anyone who is competent knows changing your pads has no negative impact unless done poorly (bad pads/wrong size/forgetting to put some on) or you physically damage the card in doing so.  So I just find being denied for this a bit weird when it is done to repair the card for a design flaw.  It's like how a brand new car has it's engine blown in its first 500 miles, and because you changed to rims (that meet all the factory specifications) you get denied a warranty claim.  It's a random example not based on reality but it's something I'd expect from a car manufacturer as they'll look for any excuse they can to avoid expensive warranty claims.  Luckily they have to prove how the rims caused the issue which they can't so you win the court case or just win with higher ups within the car manufacturer.  Which I think they would have to do this with the thermal pads in order to deny the claim in this instance..  Who knows but apparently people have been denied warranty claims for changing pads.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30999
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Does EVGA allow the exchange of thermal paste and cooler without losing the warranty? 2022/03/16 08:34:54 (permalink)
vyneroon2
Cool GTX

Kind of a necro buuutt

I just wanted to say, so obviously EVGA cards are not great with gddr6x.  Better than some companies like Gigabyte and MSI though.  However with the 6x cooling issues changing thermal pads is common practice on 3080's and above for most companies.  EVGA uses pretty bad thermal pads and someone I know who also has verifiable proof from CS got denied an RMA for changing thermal pads.  I don't know why he would even say he changed them in his request, but I guess he was nervous about being denied for it; even though every company I've dealt with does not care at all and generally I'll do a better job and 100% of the time I will use higher quality pads.  So anyways they denied him for this as he feared and the solution they gave to him was to buy their midlow quality pads from their store and install those in order to process his RMA.  So I would be cautious I guess.  EVGA is generally the best in terms of warranty but their terms have gotten very stringent as of late and much less customer friendly on paper.  I haven't had any issues in anyway with EVGA outside of receiving dead or physically damaged cards from their b-stock line up, but I thought I would throw that out there.  I believe it goes against right to repair laws and potentially this helps shed light on this situation so doesn't happen to others since they are just getting scammed out of money if they have to buy the stock thermal pads just to RMA their card.

Anyone who is competent knows changing your pads has no negative impact unless done poorly (bad pads/wrong size/forgetting to put some on) or you physically damage the card in doing so.  So I just find being denied for this a bit weird when it is done to repair the card for a design flaw.  It's like how a brand new car has it's engine blown in its first 500 miles, and because you changed to rims (that meet all the factory specifications) you get denied a warranty claim.  It's a random example not based on reality but it's something I'd expect from a car manufacturer as they'll look for any excuse they can to avoid expensive warranty claims.  Luckily they have to prove how the rims caused the issue which they can't so you win the court case or just win with higher ups within the car manufacturer.  Which I think they would have to do this with the thermal pads in order to deny the claim in this instance..  Who knows but apparently people have been denied warranty claims for changing pads.

Key terms of what is not covered by warranty - "Products that are modified outside of factory specifications and/or not in factory condition."

So pads would need to be correct dimention, softness & placed in factory location & EVGA uses "thermal putty" in several locations.

Maybe that could be an issue / "requirement"?  - I do not know & have not seen an EVGA FAQ stating such

Thermal Putty for EVGA GeForce RTX 30 Series VRM, 8g

Without a link to the customers thread your speaking of with details, it is hard to know exactly what the issue was for their RMA

Both FAQ previously listed by me earlier in this thread are still active
Note EVGA statement in FAQ 58128
(excerpt)
"Due to our warranty terms cards that do not arrive in original factory condition will be declined warranty support and the product returned at the customer’s expense."

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile