EVGA

EVGA Sound Card - Brakes Youtube and Brakes Sound after waking from sleep.

Author
inkey
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/05/16 13:42:01 (permalink)
Hello,

When putting the computer to sleep, when I wake the machine it has no sound and causes a playback error on youtube, Chrome says the audio playback device has crashed.

Does anyone have any idea's?

Thanks

22 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: EVGA Sound Card - Brakes Youtube and Brakes Sound after waking from sleep. 2019/05/16 13:49:03 (permalink)
    I posted to your other post on this.  Which OS?

Basically, I've seen a few members report similar.  It seems to be related to having YouTube open in browser tabs when putting the system to sleep.  It's a bug on our issue tracker, but our team's focus was on the driver we released today.  This is now at the top of the bugs I've asked them to look into.

Moved to Audio section.
    post edited by EVGATech_LeeM - 2019/05/16 13:56:18
    inkey
    Re: EVGA Sound Card - Brakes Youtube and Brakes Sound after waking from sleep. 2019/05/16 17:08:15 (permalink)
    Hello,

I am running Windows 10 64 bit, I9 9900k @5.1ghz, 32GB-3466 Mem, EVGA 2080TI, Gib MOBO A Master, 2 M.2 Samsungs. 3 SSD in Raid 0 and your sound Card. 

Ok so for now, I just close out the tab when I put my computer to sleep? So were they able to replicate the issue? I wonder what we all have in common thats causing the issue because you are saying your team wasn't able to replicate?

Thanks, Man

I appreciate the response, also EVGA makes and has always made solid products.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA Sound Card - Brakes Youtube and Brakes Sound after waking from sleep. 2019/05/16 17:13:07 (permalink)
    Glad to see this is an issue that is being looked into and that it’s best not to have YouTube open when the system goes to sleep. Unfortunately sometimes we don’t have control over what we have open since phones ring, people come to the door or other things pull us away unexpectedly.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

EVGA_Lee
    Re: EVGA Sound Card - Brakes Youtube and Brakes Sound after waking from sleep. 2019/05/16 17:37:26 (permalink)
    inkey
    Hello,

I am running Windows 10 64 bit, I9 9900k @5.1ghz, 32GB-3466 Mem, EVGA 2080TI, Gib MOBO A Master, 2 M.2 Samsungs. 3 SSD in Raid 0 and your sound Card. 

Ok so for now, I just close out the tab when I put my computer to sleep? So were they able to replicate the issue? I wonder what we all have in common thats causing the issue because you are saying your team wasn't able to replicate?

Thanks, Man

I appreciate the response, also EVGA makes and has always made solid products.

Early on, people reported sleep issues that we couldn't replicate.  In one of our other threads, discussion led to someone mentioning that they had YouTube tabs open when they put the PC to sleep.  Figuring that an open audio source might be the issue, I asked them to try closing the tabs and test again, and it worked.  That suggests to me that something is going on with Chrome, potential open audio sources, etc. when the system goes to sleep.

By the time we figured that out, our Audio team needed to concentrate on the DTS/Dolby passthrough support and integrating the Nahimic support for the driver we released today.  It's just that there hasn't been much time to spend on troubleshooting this specific issue.  Now, we have more time to get back to these types of issues.
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: EVGA Sound Card - Brakes Youtube and Brakes Sound after waking from sleep. 2019/05/16 17:51:17 (permalink)
    inkey, have you tried the new driver we released today?  I was just told that the issue should be resolved with it.
    inkey
    Re: EVGA Sound Card - Brakes Youtube and Brakes Sound after waking from sleep. 2019/05/22 18:15:27 (permalink)
    Hello,

Yes I have tried the new driver this did not resolve the issue.

I am also having another issue, where the sound card does not drive 250ohm headphones to full power. The headphones are not loud at all unless I reboot and unplug and replug the headphones.

Any help would be great.

Also the app crashes when you hit next to go to the the equalizer, this tends to happen if I switch headphones.
    inkey
    Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/23 18:16:15 (permalink)
    Hello,

I posted another board with no response from EVGA yet.

The new Driver has not fixed the going to sleep issue yet. I have found a few work arounds for it, but its still not optimal especially for the cost of the card.

Also there has been a new issue with the latest driver, wile playing audio I get a really loud crackling sound, it sounds like when a connection go bad, when the headphone jack cable inside the connector brakes or something, when I am on 32/192 its worse, 24/192 is not as bad but there and so on an so forth. I have to max out the bit rate to get rid of it.

Also I cannot tell if the amp is fulling powering my 250ohm headphones, the driver has this glitch, where if you set it to default the headphone volume is set at 37% but yet it sounds like its at 80% then when you slid the slider the volume gets really low. So when I put it to 100% there is really no way of telling if its fully driving the headphones.

Pleas help, this was a 250 dollar sound card, I am sure the hardware is great, but the driver seems to have a lot of issues.

I am running,
    I9
    Gigbyte Mobo.
    EVGA 2080ti FTW Utlra.
    1200w Power supply.
    Window 10 Pro 64-bit.
    32GB of memory.

Yes I tried clearing the catch under appdata\local\ and yes I have the latest driver. Wish I had a log or it showed up in event viewer. Also I tried Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in safe mode.
    GGTV-Jon
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1813
    • Ribbons : 19
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/23 20:40:35 (permalink)
    I know you posted what the CPU you have in the other thread but your "Gib MOBO A Master" in the other thread and just "Gigbyte Mobo" here is a bit lacking - exactly WHAT board and bios version, which PCIe slot is it in ect. Is the NU going though the chipset or CPU on the board?

Hard to recreate your issue with vague information

This new issue with the popping - is this with YouTube still or is this with something like Foobar 2000? What is the source material? Makes it hard for people to recreate.

EVGA_Lee
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/24 02:51:23 (permalink)
    I've merged your threads together.  It gets really challenging trying to keep track of the issues across multiple threads.  I hadn't responded to your post here, because I was waiting for confirmation in the other thread about whether you had deleted that temp folder.

A few questions - 

1. Which headphones are you using?
    2. Are you using EQ with them?  Does one headphone experience more crackling than the other depending on the EQ?
    3. Are you using the rear 6.3mm (1/4") headphone connector, or the front panel connector to connect your headphones?
    4. Which sleep mode are you using, S3, S1, etc.?

When people run into amp issues, we usually recommend to fully power off the system, including switching off the power supply.  Then switch it back on and boot up.  This resets the amp on the card, which may resolve that issue you're experiencing.  
    inkey
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/25 05:30:31 (permalink)
    1. I am using beyerdynamic 990 Pros 250ohm

2. yes

3. Rear

4. ?? Sleep mode? IDK its just the sleep button under start > power sleep. 

So I found the that the driver crashes if you put it to sleep with a high sample rate. Then if you switch it back to 32/192 it works for a bit, then crashes again. Honestly I reboot every time, because I am not sure if the sounds card is going to work after waking the machine. 

inkey
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/28 07:47:35 (permalink)
    Hello,

Is there any update on this? DId you guy find the bugs and iron them out yet? Or is there any fix for these issues other then having to reboot every time you want your sound to work?

Currently has stated before, I am getting a loud distortion screeching while playing the music that doesn't go away till I reboot. Also, again you put the computer to sleep and the audio doesn't work, unless to change the bit rate back to 192 and refresh the page, then after a bit you get the distortion issue, and you have to reboot.

Also, I completely shut off the computer by cutting power to it, this didn't resolve any of my issues, all my issues seem to revolve around extended periods of use or putting the computer to sleep.

EVGA_Lee
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/28 07:51:56 (permalink)
    Hi inkey,

So far, we haven't been able to recreate your issue in-house with the latest driver.  I understand they had a few techs try multiple cards, on different system builds, with different Win 10 builds, but could not reproduce the issue.  That was with putting the system to sleep at 32bit/192KHz and higher.

I'll be following up with them again today to see if they have any other suggestions, ideas, or other questions about your system, other installed software, etc. that might help us sort this out.

inkey
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/28 07:55:22 (permalink)
    The motherboard is the Gigabyte Aorus Master running the latest Bios. The card is going through a PCI-E x1 slot like normal, where else would you put the card? 

It is with all Audio, The audio freaks out and pops loud screeching sound, sometimes the audio cuts out and seems to be stuck between playing through my monitor or through the sound card. It is fixed by refreshing the page in chrome, but very annoying, all the issues with the card seem to happen when you use it for extended periods of time, or when you put the computer to sleep. Even if you close Chrome out, and even if you change the bit rate I get these issues, So I need to reboot, then it comes back 30 45 minutes later, then I need to reboot again.

I am hoping you can get this resolved before my 30 days are up, then I have to return the card, because I don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't work, especially at 250 dollars.

inkey
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/28 08:06:46 (permalink)
    Hello, Do you think the card is bad? Should I return the card and try another one?

Seems to me a few people have been having these issues, with putting the computer to sleep.

Can I get someone from support to work with me to resolve it? I can speak with them over the phone and they could remote in and take a look?
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/28 08:18:42 (permalink)
    Regarding the motherboard, you can put the NU Audio Card in any PCIe slot, whether it's an x1, x4, x8 or x16.  You can try one of the other x1 slots on the motherboard, or you can try testing in the lowest x16 slot to see if there's a difference.

As to whether the card is bad?  It's a possibility.  You seem to be acquiring new problems that you didn't have before, which might be an indication that something is going wrong on the card.

I can certainly have one of our techs reach out to you, but we do not remote in to customers.
    inkey
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/28 11:51:24 (permalink)
    Well so here is a question for you, if the sound card can drive 600ohm headphones right. You control how much power is being sent to the headphones by adjusting the Headphone volume knob, correct? 

So with 250ohm headphones, I wouldn't need to pump the headphone volume all the way up to 100% to get it to work right? 

Currently, in order for the volume to sound right on my DT990 pro's, I need to have the headphone volume all the way up to 100%. Even then it feels like they are lacking. 

When I drive my 48ohm headphones, I can turn the amp up to 50% and then It feels like I am driving them to 100%.

Any ideas.

Also I would love to have someone contact me to so I can troubleshoot with them.

inkey
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/30 17:49:26 (permalink)
    So just an update on the card.

-So far, I have issues, even without Chrome open wile putting the computer to sleep, when it wakes you need to keep changing the bit rate to find one that lets the driver start working again. Then if you change songs in youtube or google music it has issues and stops the playback of the video and gives and error. You again need to keep playing with the bit rate in order to get it to work.

I found the master volume and headphone volume don't really work smooth with each other. The Master volume has dead space where the volume does not go up or go down. There is a lot of dead space on the master volume, no matter where you put it, this is worse with higher Ohm headphones, my 39 ohm headphone do not have as much of an issue. But its a 600 ohm amp, so there should not be this issue espically with 250ohm headphones we are just pushing this a 1/4 of the way to drive these. I don't understand. 

So maybe my standards are to high and I am expecting to much, or the there are flaws and bugs with the Driver that need to be ironed out. The parts on the card seem fine, looks like they actully spent the time to look into what they were doing, which is not a shock from EVGA. They sell good products. 

inkey
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/30 17:57:30 (permalink)
    Also this is my second card, and this is a fresh install of windows, I installed Window again after the first card I got kept crashing, the NU software wouldn't stay open so i reinstalled windows. 

Also, one last thing, after having to play around with the bit rate, the volumes stop working, and poping starts, the only way to get the card to work correctly is to reboot and I get a few hours of use, then I have to reboot again, mostly this revolves around the computer going to sleep.

EVGA_Lee
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/05/30 18:00:30 (permalink)
    Did you end up testing different PCIe slots?
    silphnaberrie
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/06/04 19:49:03 (permalink)
    Hello.
    I have sleep isuee too.
    inkey is correct. it need to switch sample rate for fix, when it happen.
    My system is Windows10 1903 x64, Core i7 6900k, Asus x99 Pro/Usb3.1, 64GB memory.
    EVGA_Lee
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/06/05 09:23:20 (permalink)
    silphnaberrie
    Hello.
    I have sleep isuee too.
    inkey is correct. it need to switch sample rate for fix, when it happen.
    My system is Windows10 1903 x64, Core i7 6900k, Asus x99 Pro/Usb3.1, 64GB memory.

We have a beta driver that seems to resolve that issue.  I'll send you a PM with the link to test.  However, inkey still has some other issues besides that, so we're still working through those.
    van6ogh
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Issues with Sound Card software and Driver. 2019/12/26 14:37:18 (permalink)
    Any update on this? I purchased the NU Audio card a month ago and am experience this no sound after sleep issue.

Windows 10 (1909), Asus ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel 8700K, 
    post edited by van6ogh - 2019/12/26 14:40:11
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile