EVGA

Answeredtoday using evga 1060 with kboost in P-XOC, will I be able to use evga 2070 with kboost?

Author
alexander1986
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/04/22 21:17:36 (permalink)
Hello, today I have evga gtx 1060 6gb singlefan and using k-boost to keep performance levels great in some older games that have issues with downclocking etc, and will upgrade to evga rtx 2070 dual fan in the near future, I would like to use kboost with the 2070 for these games,

I have read through most of the threads I could find on the question of using precision xoc / x1 with rtx cards and the k-boost feature,
from what I could find I must do a volt-curve trick instead of simply pressing the k-boost button basically, on the rtx cards if that is correct?

I wonder if this is still the case, that we have to use that volt-curve "trick" to lock the clocks/volt to max? or is there ANY other simpler way to lock the clocks to max boost levels?
k-boost is awesome function and so easy to turn off/on between games, to get cool temps and powersaving at desktop etc, and then to turn on before gaming,

because even in some modern games for example, that I like to play competitive and therefore put all gfx settings to low so gpu load is like 50% max, if I dont use kboost then clocks will drop
and so will average/max fps :/ just because the gpu load is low does not mean I don't want the clocks to be high/max, the difference in performance is noticeable for these games that benefit from the highest possible framerates when playing competitive (games like fortnite, cs:go, overwatch etc etc at low/lowest gfx settings) and for this purpose its really great to have kboost function,

I understand if the only option is to use the volt-curve trick, but is there really no other way? or atleast some simpler way of doing it?

with .bat files or something that maybe someone could help me with once I get the 2070? 

If I can suggest, please make it possible to enable kboost with rtx cards in the new precision x1 or old precision xoc, if only for evga cards is no problem as I will always buy evga :D
best quality and support company !

thanks in advance and sorry if this has been answered, but still felt my questions warranted a new thread to get some clarity and perhaps encourage evga to integrate the function again for rtx cards so its working properly (or maybe nvidia is locking it somehow?)

Cheers, Alex

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: today using evga 1060 with kboost in P-XOC, will I be able to use evga 2070 with kboos 2019/04/22 23:31:41 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby alexander1986 2019/04/23 16:08:30
There isn't a more easy way. Using the lock feature in msi afterburner is the only way at this time.
alexander1986
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: today using evga 1060 with kboost in P-XOC, will I be able to use evga 2070 with kboos 2019/04/23 16:09:57 (permalink)
Sajin
There isn't a more easy way. Using the lock feature in msi afterburner is the only way at this time.

thanks, marked as helpful+best answer :D

so I made a post with my questions on how to use the curve to emulate k-boost function, not for OC purposes but *only* to lock max boost default clocks etc, I posted it in your guide thread here:

forums.evga.com/FindPost/2947535

if you have time to check it out in the near future would be very appreciated! 

Cheers!
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: today using evga 1060 with kboost in P-XOC, will I be able to use evga 2070 with kboos 2019/04/23 17:26:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby alexander1986 2019/04/23 17:38:49
alexander1986
Sajin

thanks, marked as helpful+best answer :D

so I made a post with my questions on how to use the curve to emulate k-boost function, not for OC purposes but *only* to lock max boost default clocks etc, I posted it in your guide thread here:

forums.evga.com/FindPost/2947535

if you have time to check it out in the near future would be very appreciated! 

Cheers!

I responded to your reply.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile