EVGA

Question about RMA process....

Author
John_Connor333
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/04/18 06:13:49 (permalink)
I had to RMA my 1080ti sc2, and never done it before.  They received my RMA'd GPU yesterday, and within hours received a UPS tracking number, as they are shipping something out to me within hours of receiving my original GPU.  I don't have any detailed updates other than, "RMA complete."   

I'm honestly not sure what exactly happened.   Did they work on my GPU at all, or swap out with refurbished product?   

I only paid for shipping my GPU in, and I expected that they would assess my gpu then ask for payment for shipping back, etc, even though it's under warranty.
post edited by John_Connor333 - 2019/04/18 06:22:03

8 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30979
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Question about RMA process.... 2019/04/18 06:42:30 (permalink)
    EVGA ships it back to you (you only pay to ship it to them)

At top of the Screen ---> Go to; "Member" then from the drop-down, select "My Products"

You should be able to see if any changes where made by EVGA, in regards to what they are shipping you

details are found here   https://www.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/
    (excerpt)

Once the RMA request is reviewed and approved by the Customer Service Department the following steps will occur:
    1. The RMA number and shipping instructions will be emailed to you
    2. The defective product can then be shipped to EVGA. The address, packing instructions, and shipping information will be detailed in the email that is received when the RMA is approved.
    3. Once the replacement product is shipped, an email will be sent to the email address in your EVGA member account with the tracking number.
    4. You may check the status of your RMA at any time from your support page.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

John_Connor333
    Re: Question about RMA process.... 2019/04/18 06:54:20 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    EVGA ships it back to you (you only pay to ship it to them)

At top of the Screen ---> Go to; "Member" then from the drop-down, select "My Products"

You should be able to see if any changes where made by EVGA, in regards to what they are shipping you

details are found here   https://www.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/
    (excerpt)

Once the RMA request is reviewed and approved by the Customer Service Department the following steps will occur:
    1. The RMA number and shipping instructions will be emailed to you
    2. The defective product can then be shipped to EVGA. The address, packing instructions, and shipping information will be detailed in the email that is received when the RMA is approved.
    3. Once the replacement product is shipped, an email will be sent to the email address in your EVGA member account with the tracking number.
    4. You may check the status of your RMA at any time from your support page.

Thank you.  I followed the directions you provided and it says, "RMA complete.  Please unregister this product and register your replacement."   So looks like they swapped out.  Hopefully I have better luck with this one, even though it's probably refurbished.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Question about RMA process.... 2019/04/18 07:07:08 (permalink)
    STOP ---> Do Not be in a Rush to "unregister" your old card

It was my Understanding that EVGA would Update the serial number during an RMA

Wait till the RMA card Card arrives - confirm that it is Not the one you see in your "My Products"

You always have the option of Calling EVGA CS  24x7   https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

John_Connor333
    Re: Question about RMA process.... 2019/04/18 07:09:49 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    STOP ---> Do Not be in a Rush to "unregister" your old card

It was my Understanding that EVGA would Update the serial number during an RMA

Wait till the RMA card Card arrives - confirm that it is Not the one you see in your "My Products"

You always have the option of Calling EVGA CS  24x7   https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

It's funny you say that...just received an email and it explains what I had in question.   They sent new serial # and all. 
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Question about RMA process.... 2019/04/18 07:16:51 (permalink)
    Give an Update after your RMA is installed

John_Connor333
    Re: Question about RMA process.... 2019/04/24 13:22:08 (permalink)
    Cool GTX

Just received it today, and I'm beyond impressed.  I expected an item to look like it had plenty of miles on it, but  GPU looks brand new and running like a dream.  

Amazing that I recieved such good service, even though I bought original second hand.
    GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: Question about RMA process.... 2019/04/24 13:43:49 (permalink)
    John_Connor333
    Cool GTX

Just received it today, and I'm beyond impressed.  I expected an item to look like it had plenty of miles on it, but  GPU looks brand new and running like a dream.  

Amazing that I recieved such good service, even though I bought original second hand.

That's EVGA for ya. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    John_Connor333
    Re: Question about RMA process.... 2019/04/24 13:47:15 (permalink)
    GTXJackBauer
    John_Connor333
    Cool GTX

That's EVGA for ya. 

Absolutely...they just turned me into a dedicated customer
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile