it is official

Author
lordraptor1
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3682
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2019/04/15 11:46:52 (permalink)
it is official im down to my last evga product in use and that is my x58 classy 3 and when it dies im completely down.  now this is more of a warning to others evga isn't the company it once was, the support is lousy ( call and what you get is an individual that has 10 minutes to solve your problem or move you up to second line whom will basically go through the same stuff as the first person you talked to).

manipulation of product pages, if you had a limited lifetime product and do an rma on said product make sure to watch the replacement product in your product pages, I myself received 3 gtx 560Ti 448 core gpu's in an rma and didn't think anything of it till the 3 cards failed at which time I learned that somehow it was in my product page as 2 being registered purchased at micro center and 1 from another place and did not have the lifetime warranty, well those 3 bricks are literally being used to prop my door open as they have no other practical or tangible benefit.

I called evga to discuss this problem and guess what I was basically told tough luck.

now I know what you all are thinking im just mad/upset/ whatever, well no I assure you im not as this issue happened a few months ago so I am quite calm about it now especially after seeing how evga treated me on this I realized I didn't want no further part of evga's products as after doing some calculations I have found life expectancy of evga products to be far less than other manufacturers on the market and with evga's current warranty and support structure evga is really no better than any other company out there these days. 

I can also state that if you look online you will see the market flooded with used evga products from people whom have "upgraeded" but when you actually have a conversation with these people they always say something like they bought an asus, or bought a gigabyte, or bought an msi.  that says a lot that the used market is flooded with evga products as people try to offload items while there is still a warranty available because the word is apparently out on evga's shady practices.

I use to visit the forum daily sometimes multiple times a day but if yo look you will find this is the first time I have been on in months as I really don't see a need of visiting forums as any time I try to bring attention to an area evga is weak in like product page manipulation, customer service, etc.  the posts are quickly deleted as I am sure this one will be however I hope at least some of you will see it and spread the word about my experiences and at the same time I hope none of you have to put up with the same issues as I have.

evga has grown to big for their britches, they have forgotten their roots and what actually made them ( lifetime warranties and great customer service), to being just like every other kid on the block.

well I will end this with one final pearl of wisdom:

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FREINDS BUY EVGA"

i am offended by your sig so you need to remove it. 

12 Replies Related Threads

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 13:09:07 (permalink)
    SO you're mad because they won't replace your ancient technology? 560's, really? We're in the 2000 series and you want them to give you free video cards each time??

Good riddance, GO to whatever other company you want, Seriously?

I wish it was as easy as purchasing a product and getting free replacements/upgrades for the rest of my life. I would've saved thousands.

>Uses 560 series for 15 years
    >I have found life expectancy of evga products to be far less

lololol
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2019/04/15 16:19:46

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 13:26:21 (permalink)
    I haven't had any customer service experience in a long time.  In other words I haven't phoned in, so I can't comment.   Probably because I have currently working in computers at the office, home and in the garage.
    2x   790i  motherboards (one a server.  One as a garage PC for looking up stuff)
    2x   280 GTX.  Still working on those computers
    1x   275 GTX.  Still working in a computer
    Z77 as a work PC, currently doing great
    Z390.   My main PC now with two 1070 in SLI, working great

What I retired that I still have and still work

GT 7600
    2X - 7950 GX2
    2X - 690 GTX- retired
    GTX 280 sitting on the shelf (one of three)

I don't upgrade as much as most, I keep my hardware for a long time and I've been on the forum since 2007.  In that time,  I've seen EVGA make a lot of people happy with their products and their service.   Hardware does fail.  I've only had one RMA for failure and that was one of the GTX 690 that was promptly replaced.    So, I keep buying their products because the reason I made a garage computer is because I felt guilty about retireing a 790i and GTX 280 and have it sit there doing nothing when I can be working like they do allowing me to have a drink,  do some woodworking,  look up auto part,   moderate a little, listen to some music all the comfort of my garage and PC I build from scratch.   I stopped using the ASUS forum and their customer service because it seemed nobody gave a damn.  

Not to belittle anyones experience but there are two sides to the coin.   I personally work hard for my money.  I normally buy the most expensive item I can afford because of warranty and because they seem to last.  I'm not changing that with EVGA as to this date.   BTW>  hit 12,500 on this post- it is official.    A milestone.  How ironic!   where's my ribbon?

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 13:37:11 (permalink)
    The new cards performance far exceeds those old dinosaurs you have. I have a couple of cards just collecting dust myself. Upgrading to the new 20 series is what I would do if I was you.
    post edited by Chaos_21 - 2019/04/15 13:38:27

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 14:15:00 (permalink)
    It's official...eVGA is STILL the best at customer service....none of the others even come close.

You're talking about tech that's 10+ years old..that's a LONG time to last for consumer grade electronics...

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 14:34:24 (permalink)
    What brand is better then EVGA? You make it sound like if you owned another brand it would be better. I am sorry your upset but I have seen far worse customer service. Here I at least see people post on the forums and get a response by a tech.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 15:33:46 (permalink)

The GTX 560Ti was released January 2011. EVGA is still known as *by far* the best after-sales service in the business, but go ahead, go buy some ASUS cards and good freaking luck getting anywhere with their customer disservice people even if the card dies after 6 months, let alone nearly a decade!

Couple of points to note:
    • Lifetime warranty by definition means the reasonable life expectancy of the product, not until the end of the universe as we know it.  
    • A working EVGA GTX 560 Ti can be found on EBay for as little as $10.
    • I don't know what your hourly rate is where you work, but the 'weeks' of time that you wasted fuming about this probably could have purchased 100 replacement cards. Was it worth it?
    • The X58 Classified 3 will never die. You will be stuck with EVGA FOREVER!!! muahahaha...
    • LOL

post edited by Nereus - 2019/04/15 15:52:29

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 17:01:15 (permalink)
    Hi lordraptor1,
    Sorry for the confusion over the warranty on your 560Tis and any trouble or confusion you've had with any of our techs in the past. I can promise you that we have not edited or altered your product records in any way to remove any of your lifetime warranties.

I can confirm that the models you have, 012-P3-2066-KR, are only available with a 3 year warranty, as designated by the -KR at the end of the part number. Only -AR and -A1 models would have come with the option of a Limited Lifetime Warranty. You can see on the Specs page here - https://www.evga.com/support/specs/ under the 500 series that this model was only offered with a -KR and not a -AR or -A1 warranty.

I do show that you RMA'd two 512-P3-N873-AR in September of 2013, for which you received a pair of 01G-P3-1556-KR as the replacements. I can confirm that these two 550Tis do continue to carry the original Limited Lifetime Warranties over from the 9800 GTX+ cards that they replaced.

If you have any other questions or concerns about the warranty status of your products, feel free to reach out to me at jwilda@evga.com and I'll look into them for you!

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5208
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 17:22:14 (permalink)
    All I can say is wow!

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 18:17:25 (permalink)

Wait.. so you RMA a couple of ancient GTX 9800 cards and EVGA gave you a generous upgrade to GTX 560 Ti's as replacements, and you come back years later and demand those GTX 560 Ti's also be replaced? Seriously? wow... 

post edited by Nereus - 2019/04/15 18:24:10

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 21:39:34 (permalink)
    I'm offended by your sig, buy me a pony. 
    Miguell
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1112
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: it is official 2019/04/15 22:24:38 (permalink)
    that's BS right here!
    right now with my last upgrade a few weeks ago i do not own a evga product anymore.
    my EVGA GTX760 SC ACX  2GB is retired and its safely kept inside my GTX 1080Ti box :P  it has served me well very well indeed!
    now.. i would buy  evga if it had a more predominant presence in Portugal but it has not.

overall evga is still the best customer support brand around. shame its lacks more commercial / supportive presence when compared to msi or asus ( and gigabyte)  that completely own the market around here.
    gigabyte i wont touch it seriously and people go for asus or MSI.
    maybe in the future... who knows...

Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830
    Display: 32" AOC Q3279VWFD8 @2560x1440@75Hz
    Cpu: Intel Core i7-8700
    Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML120L - RGB
    Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming
    Vga: Asus Dual RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Advanced Edition
    Ram: 32GB DDR4  G.SKILL - RIPJAWS V @3200Mhz
    Sound: Hama uRage soundZbar 2.1 Unleashed  - (Optical)
    Storage: 500GB SSD M.2 A2000  NVMe  Kingston (OS) + 8TB (4+4) HDD X300 Toshiba (Data)
    Psu: SeaSonic M12 700W
    panzlock
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1736
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: it is official 2019/04/16 09:07:55 (permalink)
    Nereus

The GTX 560Ti was released January 2011. EVGA is still known as *by far* the best after-sales service in the business, but go ahead, go buy some ASUS cards and good freaking luck getting anywhere with their customer disservice people even if the card dies after 6 months, let alone nearly a decade!

My EVGA 560 Ti still putting in the hours. She's obviously just part time and performing light duties only, but still employed.

Had a great RMA experience with ASUS. After a year my daughters's monitor experienced troubles which could not be remedied in any other way but replacement. Filled out some paper work, sent it off with the defective product and 5 days later I received a new monitor with no hassle and extra parts.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile