X99 FTW K with Code 95 after BIOS update

Author
emerica2511
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/04/14 05:00:42 (permalink)
Hello,

I have a FTW K X99 and I updated the BIOS 1 from 2.02 to 2.06 in Windows but after the update it wont post any more and shows code 95. BIOS 2 with 2.01 works fine. I tried to reflash BIOS 1 from bios 2 but that has no effect. When I switch to BIOS 1 the board wont post and shows code 95. Clear cmos for BIOS 1 doesn´t change anything. It stays in code 95. Is it possible that I damaged the BIOS chip with the update? 
The CPU was not overclocked. When I activate XMP in BIOS 2 I also get code 95 but with BIOS 2 a cmos clear works fine. It seems like I could not clear the cmos for BIOS 1.
Does someone have an clue how I could get BIOS 1 back to work? 

Greetz :) 

BASICS
What EVGA X99 Motherboard do you have?  Please place an X between the parentheses of the model number you are referencing.

()  131-HE-E995                       ()  131-HE-E095                       (X)  150-HE-E997                      
()  151-HE-E999

What BIOS revision are you running on? 

What previous BIOS revisions have been tried?

(IF APPLICABLE) have the other physical BIOS’s been tested?
Second Bios has been tested and runs perfectly.

What Operating system are you running?  Be sure to specify Standard, Pro, Ultimate, and 32 or 64bit.
Windows 10 Pro

Components -Internal
What specific model CPU do you have? i7 5960x
            Is it overclocked?  Please place an X next to appropriate answer.    Yes: ()  No: (X)
            If you are overclocked, what speed is the CPU running at?

What cooling solution is installed?  If it is water cooled, specify make and model of All-In-One kit (for instance H100i), or FULL specs and order of components in the custom loop.
AIO watercooled with Arctic Cooling Liquid 240

What specific model of memory do you have?
            How many kits of memory?
            1 16BG Kit G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz
            Is it overclocked?  Please place an X next to appropriate answer.    Yes: ()  No: (X)
            If you have tested DIFFERENT memory, please supply the full model for this as well.

What specific model of Power Supply Unit (PSU)
Corsair TX650M
            Do you actively use more than 1 PSU in your system?  Yes: ()  No: (X)
            If YES to the previous question, what exact model?
            Have you tested with a different PSU?  Yes: ()  No: (X)
            If YES to the previous question, what exact model?
            How old are the PSU(s) in question? 
            1Month
            Check all attached MOTHERBOARD power headers:
            (X) 24 Pin           (X) 8pin EPS 1    () 8pin EPS2     () 6pin PCIE on bottom of motherboard
*If the EPS is plugged in and the release is not on the same side as the tab on the MB EPS header, then you likely have a PCIE 8 pin header plugged in.  Detach immediately and do NOT power on as this may cause irreparable damage.**
EPS connector is shown  page 8 number 29, there is a tab on the top that the clip of a power cable holds onto.  You can see a more clear picture of the cable here:   page 7.  The tab on the socket and the release on the cable have to click over each other.  If not, please get a picture and post it in your troubleshooting thread and we will assist further, do NOT turn it on if these are not aligned.

Check the slots that are populated and provide specific of Component, brand, part number if available of the item present.  If the slot is NOT populated please list it as “Empty”, “Unused”, or something to give clear indication that a slot is NOT in use, so there is no grey area in the configuration.
Not all slots are applicable to every board, but this form covers the entire chipset.
The slot listings below are counting ALL slots of 1x, 4x, and 16x from top to bottom, this is not only for the full size slots.

Note: PCI-E 1 is ALWAYS the slot closest to the CPU, and the numbers count up as you move down the board.

()  PCI-E 1:
            PCI-E Disable Switch in the ON position?  Yes: (X)  No: ()

()  PCI-E 2: 

()  PCI-E 3: 

()  PCI-E 4: 

()  PCI-E 5: 

()  PCI-E 6: 
            PCI-E Disable Switch in the ON position?  Yes: ()  No: ()

()  M.2 Key M: (Typically used for SSD's)
            Enabled in BIOS?  Yes: ()  No: ()

()  M.2 Key E: (Typically used for smaller  devices such as WiFi cards)
            Enabled in BIOS?  Yes: ()  No: ()

()  SATA3/6g RAID Ports (please elaborate on RAID settings if present):
            Is Hot Swap enabled on populated ports?  Yes: ()  No: ()

()  SATA3/6g AHCI Ports:
            Is Hot Swap enabled on populated ports?  Yes: (X)  No: ()

If you are overclocking your video card(s), please include what software and what version you are using.

Components – I/O Panel
Check the slots that are populated and provide specific of Component, brand, part number if available of the item present.
Not all slots are applicable to every board, but this form covers the entire chipset.

All rear IO that have multiple connectors, such as USB, are counted top to bottom, left to right.

(X)  USB 2.0 1: Dell Keyboard

(X)  USB 2.0 2: Dell Mouse

()  USB 2.0 3: 

()  USB 2.0 4: 

()  USB 2.0 5: 

()  USB 2.0 6: 

()  USB 3.0 1: 

()  USB 3.0 2: 

()  USB 3.0 3: 

()  USB 3.0 4: 

()  USB 3.1 Type C: 

()  CAT5 1 (enabled/disabled in BIOS): RJ45 LAN

()  CAT5 2 (enabled/disabled in BIOS): 

()  Analog Audio headers (standard 2 /2.1 speakers or headphones use green):

()  Optical Out

Components – Front Panel Headers
Check the components that are in use and provide specific of Component, brand, part number, or link (such as a 5.25 bay that has USB 2/3/eSATA on it) if available of the item present.  Also what are these ports plugged into?  A straight header (such as a power switch or front headphone and mic ports), or a component with its own PCB (for instance the module on the top of a CM Cosmos Case where the components are attached to a PCB with other components involved for additional function). 

At any header are you using some intermediary cabling, such as:  for example?  If the system was working and can no longer power on and there is a third party cable between the motherboard and its intended device, it would be advisable to test without it being present.

()  Power Switch
            LED in use?  Yes: (X)  No: ()
            If yes, have you verified +/- in correct place? Yes

()  Reset Switch
            LED in use?  Yes: (X)  No: ()
            If yes, have you verified +/- in correct place? Yes

()  USB 2.0 FP Header attached

(X)  USB 3.0 FP Header attached

()  S/PDIF Header

(X)  FP Audio Header

()  Thunderbolt GPIO Header

BIOS
Have you changed anything in the BIOS?  Yes: (X)  No: ()
            If yes, are these basic settings such as boot order, raid enabling, XMP, etc.?
            XMP
Is your PC running in Legacy BIOS mode, or UEFI mode?  If you are unsure, go into the BIOS, under BOOT,  go to CSM Configuration and list all of the settings in that menu.

Have you overclocked?  Yes: ()  No: (X)

7 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: X99 FTW K with Code 95 after BIOS update 2019/04/14 11:47:09 (permalink)
    See the EVGA Forum Moderator's Post Below.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/04/14 16:50:48

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: X99 FTW K with Code 95 after BIOS update 2019/04/14 14:21:59 (permalink)
    Just reflash the old bios from within windows. Make sure you move the bios selector switch to bios 1 before flashing.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: X99 FTW K with Code 95 after BIOS update 2019/04/14 15:34:39 (permalink)
    emerica2511
    Hello,

I have a FTW K X99 and I updated the BIOS 1 from 2.02 to 2.06 in Windows but after the update it wont post any more and shows code 95. BIOS 2 with 2.01 works fine. I tried to reflash BIOS 1 from bios 2 but that has no effect. When I switch to BIOS 1 the board wont post and shows code 95. Clear cmos for BIOS 1 doesn´t change anything. It stays in code 95. Is it possible that I damaged the BIOS chip with the update? 
    The CPU was not overclocked. When I activate XMP in BIOS 2 I also get code 95 but with BIOS 2 a cmos clear works fine. It seems like I could not clear the cmos for BIOS 1.
    Does someone have an clue how I could get BIOS 1 back to work? 

Here ya go...
    https://www.evga.com/supp...ewfaq.aspx?faqid=59733

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: X99 FTW K with Code 95 after BIOS update 2019/04/14 16:30:20 (permalink)
    See the EVGA Forum Moderator's Post Above.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/04/14 16:50:24

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

emerica2511
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: X99 FTW K with Code 95 after BIOS update 2019/04/15 08:08:49 (permalink)
    Hey Guys,

thank you for your fast replies. 
    Sajin
    Just reflash the old bios from within windows. Make sure you move the bios selector switch to bios 1 before flashing.

I did this with all available releases of the BIOS but this has no effect. BIOS 1 get stuck with Code 95.  
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: X99 FTW K with Code 95 after BIOS update 2019/04/15 10:50:21 (permalink)
    Try AMI BIOS Recovery from the Boot Block sector in BIOS 1 and see if that works or not..Then try flashing it again.

Most BIOS manufacturers (Award, Phoenix, AMI and Insyde) now include an option known as Boot Block protection. The Boot Block sector is write protected, thus it can only be damaged if the flash utility is explicitly directed by a command line switch to overwrite this EEPROM memory range. The Boot Block can load the most basic BIOS functions for the simple I/O operation of ISA video, floppy drive transfers, and keyboard input. Luckily these features are all that is generally required to rebuild the entire working BIOS.

POST Code 95 is PCI Bus Request Resources if that helps any.

You can also Contact EVGA Customer Service about sending you another BIOS chip..The (carefully) replaceable BIOS chip is in the clamshell holder beside the BIOS switch..If you get one from EVGA, it will have the latest BIOS installed in it.

Good luck.
    post edited by bob16314 - 2019/04/15 11:05:17

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: X99 FTW K with Code 95 after BIOS update 2019/05/16 13:19:02 (permalink)
    any Update from OP ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile