LockedEVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil

Author
Leonardohlb
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 177
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/04/05 12:05:57 (permalink)
I have an open RMA with the EVGA of a 1080TI that I was offered a new 1080TI higher model, but as this video card is no longer in stock and even left the site listing, I questioned the support on the possibility of sending a 2080 XC Ultra that even losing in some specifications is the product that found the most suitable replacement. Unfortunately EVGA refused to make this exchange, so I've been researching some Reddit forums, EVGA, and I see that some users have made their RMAs and got the 2080 in exchange because according to EVGA this product was no longer in stock, the question I ask is, why for them the exchange was made for a newer product and mine will be a used product reformed since nvidia no longer provided the 1080ti chip for manufacturers and EVGA would not have stock in November 2018?

Another problem is that I have to pay the export rate of the defective product when the consumer protection code says that the company's responsibility, and do not talk about EVGA policy because as everyone knows, no policy can overlap the defense code of the their respective countries.

I also see that EVGA provides warranty for defective customer products without invoice, but this is not the case with customers in Brazil.

Here is the example of the person who received a 2080 in November: https://forums.geforce.co...a-d-evga-1080-ti-got-a -2080-in-return-is-it-as-good- /

This in January: https://forums.evga.com/1080Ti-RMA-m2914455.aspx

Here the EVGA refusal to provide no guarantee without invoice:
https://www.reclameaqui.c...-rma_5rQvOZ2GPTcRV2Uh/

Here offering RMA for a product without invoice: https://www.reddit.com/r/...and_their_rma_process/

why all this difference and discrepancy in RMA for Brazil?

16 Replies Related Threads

Tech_JoseC
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 383
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 12:19:16 (permalink)
    Hello!

There must be some confusion here, we do have inventory for RMA for previous serious of graphics card such as for 10 series and even some 900 series. When our RMA department checks in your graphics card, the next step is to check inventory to see what we have in stock. Our system will automatically look for the same model for you, if the same model is in stock, that is what we will replace your graphics card with. In some cases, if you send in for example a GTX 1080 ti SC edition and we don't have that in stock. We may ship back a GTX 1080 ti FTW3 back depending on inventory. It is true that some customers that have sent in GTX 1080 ti's have gotten back RTX 2080's back but that is solely based on inventory availability and not based on region.

As for the invoice question, we do require invoices for all RMA's now but this may not apply to products shipped before May of 2018. There are varying cases depending on the product and when it was shipped/purchased.

Please feel free to reach out to our LATAM customer support team at soporte@evga.com if you have any other questions or concerns.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 12:35:40 (permalink)
    Since nvidia stopped supplying chips last year, and in November you no longer had stock to trade with customers and sent a 2080, in January the same thing sent a 2080, I can only imagine that you are renovating and recertifying these cards for to be used in new RMAs, if not, where is the magic they were able to do when getting new 1080 sealed chips? Sorry for my friend but your technical conversation does not surprise or please me, unfortunately for you I have proof that this is not possible since November of last year, but I am still open to the solution of the problem by sending me a 2080 of part number informed in my RMA .
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 12:43:22 (permalink)
    One more thing, when I was informed that my RMA was I was not informed tracking code, but I was asked to remove the product and register the new one, so I removed the product but I do not have invoice, I have no tracking, no I have no product information to re-register and open a new support ticket.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 13:05:13 (permalink)
    Stock is different, and fluctuates, for every region. While there may be no stock in the US, there can still be plenty of stock for LATAM.

Not all 1080ti’s were replaced with 2080’s, but some may have been. Warranty replacements are not based off of other users warranties and can not be directly compared due to circumstances and stock fluctuations.

It doesn’t matter when the product goes EOL, as stock RMA stock is not based on that.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 14:38:52 (permalink)
    If EVGA can offer you an RMA on your 1080Ti to a higher model of 1080Ti then clearly they have the 1080Ti in stock in a higher model then the one you purchased. You would be getting an upgrade. It's just not to the latest generation.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 14:41:10 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Stock is different, and fluctuates, for every region. While there may be no stock in the US, there can still be plenty of stock for LATAM.

Not all 1080ti’s were replaced with 2080’s, but some may have been. Warranty replacements are not based off of other users warranties and can not be directly compared due to circumstances and stock fluctuations.

It doesn’t matter when the product goes EOL, as stock RMA stock is not based on that.

My video card is coming from stock in the United States, should be aware of the situation before posting, how can the same stock say that for the United States ended but for Brazil not !? Yes I know, Reformed, recertified products from other customers in the United States who have won a 2080.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 14:44:29 (permalink)
    So, even though Brazil is one of the biggest markets for EVGA, you will continue to make us a sucker, I will not receive this reformed product.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 14:46:20 (permalink)
    You can close the topic I'm satisfied with the support, thank you.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 17:50:27 (permalink)
    Keep in mind that even if you do not get a new generation it’s still better to do the RMA if you have a defective product needing an RMA.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 21:09:34 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    Keep in mind that even if you do not get a new generation it’s still better to do the RMA if you have a defective product needing an RMA.

It is better to have the defective product or lose the money than to receive a reformed product from the customers in the United States that has a high priority for the RMA, I have already asked you to close the topic, this does not interest me anymore since all of you just defend the interests of EVGA and not of Brazilian customers.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 21:12:46 (permalink)
    I am not like others you have already deceived, it is ridiculous what you claim, so far only moderators have replied, I have shown evidence that other RMAs outside my country received the 2080 in exchange for the 1080ti in November 2018 with you claiming lack of stock, now in March 2019 you found the stock for the Brazilian, all credibility, all my evga products and all my satisfaction in indicating the EVGA as one of the best manufacturers went by water down, I am not interested any more product of yours .
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 21:15:10 (permalink)
    No matter what you do, the customer must be respectful from the first one, I am just another customer totally dissatisfied with the RMA service and of you, I can be just one but with my knowledge and my popularity with my clients you will lose more some customers.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 21:18:58 (permalink)
    Now I care little I will leave this forum and delete my account so I do not have to come and listen to bull.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2019/04/06 06:36:51
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/05 23:13:25 (permalink)
    Leonard, you don't receive a factory new card when doing a rma, its refurbished stock from other rma's and step ups. That is why they are sticklers for receiving working, in decent condition cards and take the time to make sure that's the case. They guarantee you a equal or better replacement, which if your card is broke I would think would be a happy result to have a working card again, no?! Just because another customer got a next gen card on there rma doesn't mean that in the meantime till your rma that other 1080ti rma's didn't come in for them to refurbish and replenish the stock, which of course would go out to you. I don't see the problem man?!!? 

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA and its controversial RMA policy for Brazil 2019/04/06 06:40:48 (permalink)
    Closing the topic at the OP’s request.
    Leonardohlb
    Superclocked Member
    Re: 1080Ti RMA 2019/05/11 17:21:22 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DanielM
    Hello NbK86, we would suggest you start your own thread with questions regarding the RMA process as his results may be different than yours or reaching out to us directly. 

this notice was not given to me yesterday when you excluded my publication.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile