EVGA

RTX 2080 TI black edition frame rate problem on The Division 2.

Author
youbedead
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/03/20 08:40:45 (permalink)
Hello, i'm new to posting on these forms so please forgive me if someone has posted the same problem.

So the problem i'm having is the frame rate and also it seems to be a low refresh rate even with G-Sync monitor I was doing anywhere from 100-170 FPS in The Division 2 and now i'm at 62-67 FPS all the time even when I set the graphics to low it stays the same FPS and yes I made sure there was no frame rate lock on and no v-sync on as well.

I'm worried this might be something with the video card it self, however, i'm thinking it might be with windows 10 possibly. When I first setup my PC I ran Shadows of the tomb raider benchmark and was able to render just under 20,000 frames (Sorry I lost the info on the test). So I tested it today and it did about 16,534 frames so that is much less then originally. 

Here is my current setup mind you I have nothing overclocked.

CPU: 8700k
Ram: 16GB DDR4 3600
Running Windows 10 NVMe M.2 970 pro
Current Nvidia Driver 419.35
Resolution 1440p at 144MHz

Thank you for any help on this.

4 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RTX 2080 TI black edition frame rate problem on The Division 2. 2019/03/20 08:51:03 (permalink)
    Someone else was posting about frame rate drops in The Division 2 so it’s likly a problem with the game that will be fixed with a patch. Unfortunately the game is been out less then a week so the information on what errors people are having isn’t really as reported yet as it will be in a week or two.

https://forums.evga.com/D...x-2080ti-m2935022.aspx

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: RTX 2080 TI black edition frame rate problem on The Division 2. 2019/03/20 08:51:04 (permalink)
    Welcome.  I don't know the answer but you might be on the right track with windows.  Make sure your performance settings are set to max performance.   How do you like the game play of Division 2?   it's on my radar. 

the link above might shed some light with updates:

KB4482887 is the update that caused the issue

KB4489899 - Fixes the issue

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    youbedead
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: RTX 2080 TI black edition frame rate problem on The Division 2. 2019/03/20 09:28:27 (permalink)
    Thank you very much the the fast reply.

Firstly it seems to be with more then just The Division 2 because it happens on the Shadow of the tomb raider as well.

I will have the check the windows update to see if its there and fix it I guess I can just restore from a previous version of windows and if push comes to shove reinstall the whole OS.

And as far as The Division 2 I love it so far I have put in over 40 hours and my friends have over 70. The game play is great of course there are a few things that need to be worked on but the overall game play is great.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 598
    • Ribbons : 23
    Re: RTX 2080 TI black edition frame rate problem on The Division 2. 2019/03/20 23:27:27 (permalink)
    youbedead
    Thank you very much the the fast reply.

Firstly it seems to be with more then just The Division 2 because it happens on the Shadow of the tomb raider as well.

I will have the check the windows update to see if its there and fix it I guess I can just restore from a previous version of windows and if push comes to shove reinstall the whole OS.

And as far as The Division 2 I love it so far I have put in over 40 hours and my friends have over 70. The game play is great of course there are a few things that need to be worked on but the overall game play is great.

After ^^, ur PSU, it's age and condition (example: much heavy and successfully used) is very important, too. List all basic Hardware and OS in your signature.

To add to sig:
    -click, at the top of page, on "User Control Panel".
    -click on left side "Signature and Comments".
    -add:
    CPU: 8700k
    MOBO:
    Video Card:
    Ram: 16GB DDR4 3600
    Monitor: / 1440p / 144Mhz
    PSU:
    HDD: NVMe M.2 970 pro

i'm going to purchase TD2 any day now. so maybe we'll save the world! lol

I'm guessing that a proper driver uninstall/ install with DDU Safe-Mode and network cable unplugged, could be best advice.

Or a new/ test PSU is logical to try considering OP.

And to guess which batch of video card u got should be inquired.

Example: with GPU-Z u can see if the vid card has Micron memory- then it's likely 1st batch. With Samsung- most likely 2nd batch card. Ppl have had good results with both.

also based on "worried" in OP try reading:
    https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2930860

GL

> PSU: Seasonic VERTEX GX-1200
    > Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v1.03 12/3/2021)
    > CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KF
    > AIO: EVGA CLC 240mm
    > Physical Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5600
    > Physical Memory Model#: F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5S
    > Monitor: Alienware AW2721D
    > Video Card: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
    > Case: Cooler Master HAF X (942)
    > DAS: Sabrent DS-SC5B

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile