Dont buy EVGA Products

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Holdolin
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 226
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/12 10:22:48 (permalink)
galaxy555
Out of all the possible PSU manufacturers I could have gone with, I landed upon EVGA. What a mistake I made.

I purchased a brand new PSU (500B) SEALED from eBay and when i got round to setting it up in my system, nothing!!. And yes it is the PSU because I tried the tester that came with the PSU and no fan spin at all. So then I decided to email evga about this and let them know about this. They sent an email back saying please inform us about the serial number and invoice. I provided them with this information to which they replied "it is not eligible for RMA" due to it being "out of warranty period" and the invoice is not valid. I replyed back saying how is the invoice not valid, i sent a screenshot of the invoice on eBay which included all relevant information but apparently it was "not valid", HOW??, i was given no explanation. I was really frustrated because I invested my money into this brand to provide me a reliable product and not garbage. I could have gone with a Chinese knock off and it would have lasted me longer.. Keep in mind it was brand new and sealed which is what entitled me to buy it in the first place, as you dont expect it to be faulty.

I will not be buying from EVGA again, and I recommend you don't either. Worst thing is I replied to the email letting them know what shall I do with this and they ignored me, no email back since. This I see as a cowardly move. I will also be letting anyone now building a system to stay away from the garbage evga sells.

STAY AWAY FROM EVGA. They purposely try to shutdown any RMA cases in their early stages. 

So, you got scammed on ebay and you come here to complain?  Thanks, today has been off to a rocky start, but I'm now feeling..amused.  Friendly piece of advice: avoid ebay at all cost.
MadmanRB
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 339
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/12 10:49:52 (permalink)
Yeah this is why I dont go ebay unless I see the history of the seller and or its a product I cant find anywhere else.
The last thing I got on ebay is a replacement screen bezel for my laptop which otherwise would have cost me $50 i got for $20 and I checked the seller first good track record all around and it works well.
Still I am wary of ebay, its the home of many scammers so always check seller reputation

Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3939
  • Ribbons : 62
Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/20 19:51:08 (permalink)
bcavnaugh

Now that is what I call a Solid Snake Powered Computer.

Oh goodness, that snake survived too?
If so, great job for saving the little guy from that horrid place

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/03/20 22:14:39 (permalink)
On the plus side you can always wait for Wednesday look at the featured products and for like $69 shipped get a 750W PSU.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

jlucie
  • Total Posts : 67
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/04/02 14:04:02 (permalink)
EVGA makes quality products. Unfortunately nothing is 100%
scaper28
  • Total Posts : 61
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Dont buy EVGA Products 2019/04/09 02:16:01 (permalink)
panzlock
kaninja
Excuse me while I take the 6 month old cheeseburger I found in my trunk back to Macdonald's and complain it is cold and moldy......I mean it was still in original wrapper and everything.

You'll never find mold on McDonald's comestibles. They are laden with so much sugar mother nature regularly forfeits.

That's so true lol

PC SPECS
Be-quiet dark pro 900 v2
Intel I9-9900k
Asus XI Extreme
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
Corsair HX1000I
Samsung 970 500GB EVO
Samsung 960 1TB  EVO
KingPin RTX 2080TI Hybrid
Acer Predator XB271HU
EK 360 Extreme X1