EVGA

Hot!Precision X1 Will Not Open

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
Gabbatek
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/08 05:52:20 (permalink)
So it was working for me and my 1080ti sc2 hybrid, although the app would crash regularly.

Now it wont load at all and no fixes work for me.

Though when it was working, the u.i is great and a much improvement over xoc.

I look forward to this being fixed and it coming out of beta, until then i'm off to xoc or afterburner.
bob16314
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8048
  • Ribbons : 761
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/08 12:12:41 (permalink)
PX1 crashes/fails to run for me when OSD is turned on..It just shows in the Taskbar briefly..But it only does that when PX1 is set to 'Start with OS' and when I start/restart my PC..If I turn off OSD it loads/runs fine..Then I turn on OSD after PX1 loads/runs and all is well..Having PX1 set to 'Start with OS' and OSD turned on causes it to crash/not run for me.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

bud381
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/10 20:19:36 (permalink)
thank you squall-leonhart
DOOMJESUS
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/11 05:35:33 (permalink)
i can run the main bit of the program in win7x64 using this fix.
but still x1 dumps when i click on the fan curve button.
i'm using a 1080ti SC2 hybrid.
thanks.
post edited by DOOMJESUS - 2019/01/11 05:46:20
vladdimplr
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/11 08:10:33 (permalink)
px1 is trash, had the same issue, i uninstalled it, deleted the folders, reinstalled on a different drive and it working again. if i install on C: it again doesnt work, something with the registry I am guessing.
jesse.liley.1024
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/11 19:12:59 (permalink)
When I bought my EVGA GEFORCE 2080 XC ULTRA, I checked on the box that it supported Win 7 64-bit, it did.
The fans make a constant whir-clunk whir-clunk whir-clunk whir-clunk when the temp is just enough to trigger the fans, they'll start and stop about every 2 seconds for some total duration of a minute or so when the gaming gets going.
One of the fans sounds like it is only very slightly hitting the chassis, and I can audibly determine the speed at which it is spinning.
Trying to set the the fan control to ... wait ... oh no sorry the software to set the fan setting isn't actually supported by your operating system, even though it clearly is stated on the box.
Precision X1 wont start.
I can't understand why it is labeled as supporting windows 7 64-bit, because it sure feels like an underhanded tactic to get sales, rather than to deliver an experience that a gamer wants to have.
dsublett
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/12 07:14:08 (permalink)
jesse.liley.1024
When I bought my EVGA GEFORCE 2080 XC ULTRA, I checked on the box that it supported Win 7 64-bit, it did.
The fans make a constant whir-clunk whir-clunk whir-clunk whir-clunk when the temp is just enough to trigger the fans, they'll start and stop about every 2 seconds for some total duration of a minute or so when the gaming gets going.
One of the fans sounds like it is only very slightly hitting the chassis, and I can audibly determine the speed at which it is spinning.
Trying to set the the fan control to ... wait ... oh no sorry the software to set the fan setting isn't actually supported by your operating system, even though it clearly is stated on the box.
Precision X1 wont start.
I can't understand why it is labeled as supporting windows 7 64-bit, because it sure feels like an underhanded tactic to get sales, rather than to deliver an experience that a gamer wants to have.

Precision in any form or iteration is full of bugs and does not function.  No one here can deny it.  They will but they know it's simply untrue.  This product will never get fixed as long as people here keep defending EVGA.
hsvenom
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/12 18:44:37 (permalink)
So why does it take a forum member to make a fix for us on Win 7?

Just implement it in the future versions please.
ProCM
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/19 14:46:45 (permalink)
Does anyone have any updated solutions to this issue on Win10 Pro?  I used bob16314's help in another thread just to get the program to install (driver load error on installation) and I can't get the dang thing to load.  
ProCM
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/19 15:16:56 (permalink)
Finally got X1 to open for the very first time by disabling SLI.  That's incredibly annoying.  Running 2x 1080ti FTW3's.
SprayingMango
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 273
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/23 07:28:02 (permalink)
My PX1 install suddenly stopped running / opening for me. I was running Beta 11 just fine, literally NOTHING changed on my system. One day it decided to stop opening. I uninstalled it, reinstalled Beta 10 and it worked for a day. Now no matter what version I install it does not run. What a joke! 

Affiliate Code = I6E6SHELAX
ASUS Z690 Strix E
32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator 5600
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
WD Black 2TB PCIe 4 NVME
EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra
Corsair AX1600i PSU
Corsair 1000D 
Corsair QL120 fans x 15
Corsair H150i Pro XT
Asus PG27UQ w/ PG279Q x2
mikehhhh
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/30 09:24:07 (permalink)
I also can't get Precision X1 to run on Windows 7  Home - 64 Bit.

I'm very frustrated with EVGA and I just get the same answer from support that because the card ( RTX 2070 ) basically "works", its supported.  Even though I can't use X1 to tweak or change the RGB settings.

The box says its supported with Win 7 64-bit and EVGA website says the same, but Precision X1 is not supported with Windows 7 and I feel its misleading of them to not put a disclaimer somewhere.

Now I'm stuck deciding between pulling the card out and exchange for a 1060/1070 and just using Precision OCX, or trying to upgrade to Windows 10 and not break any games, or trying to fix Precision X1 to work.  All 3 options which will take time and effort after I already spent 500+ dollars on this card.

I asked for the source code so I could look and try to fix and recompile in visual studio and of course they said no.  LOL. 

I presented these examples to customer support - how would a customer feel if they bought a color laser printer and it only printed black and white on Windows 7?  Or if I bought a power supply and it only provided 500 watts, instead of 750 on Windows 7?  Or another I thought of, what about a motherboard that says its supported by Windows 7, but then you build a system and boot it up and find the MB can't overclock on Windows 7, only Windows 10?

post edited by mikehhhh - 2019/01/30 10:40:56
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49164
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/30 12:10:08 (permalink)
mikehhhh

I'm very frustrated with EVGA and I just get the same answer from support that because the card ( RTX 2070 ) basically "works", its supported.  Even though I can't use X1 to tweak or change the RGB settings.

The box says its supported with Win 7 64-bit and EVGA website says the same, but Precision X1 is not supported with Windows 7 and I feel its misleading of them to not put a disclaimer somewhere.

Now I'm stuck deciding between pulling the card out and exchange for a 1060/1070 and just using Precision OCX, or trying to upgrade to Windows 10 and not break any games, or trying to fix Precision X1 to work.  All 3 options which will take time and effort after I already spent 500+ dollars on this card.

I asked for the source code so I could look and try to fix and recompile in visual studio and of course they said no.  LOL. 

I presented these examples to customer support - how would a customer feel if they bought a color laser printer and it only printed black and white on Windows 7?  Or if I bought a power supply and it only provided 500 watts, instead of 750 on Windows 7?  Or another I thought of, what about a motherboard that says its supported by Windows 7, but then you build a system and boot it up and find the MB can't overclock on Windows 7, only Windows 10?

Installing this should allow px1 to work on windows 7. 
mikehhhh
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/30 13:09:59 (permalink)
Sajin
mikehhhh

Installing should allow px1 to work on windows 7. 

Thanks! I will check that out.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/30 13:17:45 (permalink)
No problem.
dmhlee
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/01/30 17:53:15 (permalink)
Has anyone found a solution to get Precision X1 to launch without having to install it onto a different drive?
mikehhhh
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/08 13:22:16 (permalink)
Ok, posting this in case it helps someone else get Precision X1 running.  I did finally get Precision X1 to run on Windows 7 64-bit with the "Aero 2" presentation fix. 

But still it bothered me that it didn't work in the first place and wasn't supported, plus Windows 7 is about to go off support in 2020.  So I took the plunge and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit for my gaming rig.  Then Precision X1 quit running again!  LOL!  I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.  Cleaned up every Precision X1 file I could find on the hard drive.  Set permissions, ran as administrator, even installed on another hard drive - G: etc and it still wouldn't work.

I couldn't believe it.  So after some poking around in Visual Studio, looking at log files, etc - I figured out it STILL can't find the Aero2 assembly in Window  10.

I think there must be some problem with 0.3.11 Precision X1 install where its not looking in the correct place for the Aero 2 presentation DLL - or maybe the previous install messes up some registry entry or path.  I don't know. 

Anyway, I used this fuslogvw.exe utility that comes with VS to log the .DLLs Precision X1 is pulling in when starting and found this failure got logged.  For some reason, it can't find  "PresentationFramework.Aero2.DLL" even though its installed in several .NET framework directories.  But I did notice the .NET seems to try to pull it in from the local directory where Precision X1 is running. 

So I took the most recent copy I found on my hard drive at: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\WPF\PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll  Copied it directly into the directory where I installed Precision X1: G:\EVGA\Precision X1 and it worked!

Not the best solution and very brute force, but I've got it working again at least.  Below is the log from fuslogvw.exe that shows the failed assembly load.  Hopefully the Developers at EVGA can do something to improve or fix this with the next version. 

The operation failed.
Bind result: hr = 0x80070002. The system cannot find the file specified.

Assembly manager loaded from: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Running under executable G:\EVGA\Precision X1\PX18.exe
--- A detailed error log follows.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = PresentationFramework.Aero2, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///G:/EVGA/Precision X1/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
LOG: Cache Base = NULL
LOG: AppName = PX18.exe
Calling assembly : PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: G:\EVGA\Precision X1\PX18.exe.Config
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: PresentationFramework.Aero2, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
LOG: GAC Lookup was unsuccessful.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///G:/EVGA/Precision X1/PresentationFramework.Aero2.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///G:/EVGA/Precision X1/PresentationFramework.Aero2/PresentationFramework.Aero2.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///G:/EVGA/Precision X1/PresentationFramework.Aero2.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///G:/EVGA/Precision X1/PresentationFramework.Aero2/PresentationFramework.Aero2.EXE.
LOG: All probing URLs attempted and failed.

post edited by mikehhhh - 2019/02/08 13:25:46
andross182
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 172
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/12 00:21:40 (permalink)
Well add me to the list of users who Precision X1 randomly decided to stop opening for.

Windows 10 enterprise, version 1809, i9-9900k, aorus pro z390 board, 2080ti ftw3 ultra.

I have tried everything in this thread, uninstall/reinstall, exe file permissions manipulation, nuking app data folders, DDU driver removal and reinstall, nothing will get it to launch.

I get two event viewer errors, one related to .net runtime and the other to the application itself, and then an informational blurb.

.net runtime error: 
Application: PX18.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Xml.XmlException
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(System.Exception)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Skip()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil.StrictSkipToNextElement(System.Configuration.ExceptionAction)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSectionsRecursive(System.Configuration.XmlUtil, System.String, Boolean, System.String, System.Configuration.OverrideModeSetting, Boolean)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ScanSections(System.Configuration.XmlUtil)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
Exception Info: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(System.Object, System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigEventArgs)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(System.String, System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
at PX18.Properties.Settings.get_DataPath()
at PX18.Language.LanguageHelper..ctor()
at PX18.App.App_Startup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at PX18.App.Main()
at PX18.Program.Main()

Application Error:
Faulting application name: PX18.exe, version: 0.3.11.0, time stamp: 0x5c1db3ea
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.292, time stamp: 0xb51bba8e
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000055549
Faulting process id: 0x4d20
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4c2abb52fa338
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1\PX18.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 3af321b8-bc4b-4cd2-a9bf-f58c9d9fcdce
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Informational error:
Fault bucket 1295314677759307914, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: PX18.exe
P2: 0.3.11.0
P3: 5c1db3ea
P4: System.Xml
P5: 4.7.3190.0
P6: 5b6947d7
P7: b85
P8: 27
P9: IOIBMURHYNRXKW0ZXKYRVFN0BOYYUFOW
P10:
Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE6DB.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE759.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE769.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE767.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE778.tmp.txt
These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_PX18.exe_8582b8edf2961f4bf6fafa60fa8f6e91a84d9b79_77080dce_4560ea65
Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 3af321b8-bc4b-4cd2-a9bf-f58c9d9fcdce
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 12909df53a2e873441f9e1d62831708a
Cab Guid: 0
Papasmurff
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/12 21:36:13 (permalink)
I had the same issue and for the life of me couldn't figure out why it wasn't opening. Went back a version to 3.9 and for some reason it now works. Who knew?
MrSix18
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/20 23:32:02 (permalink)
any ideas on how to make X1 open? ive tried everything and is the main reason I came to this forum, tried using Afterburner but cannot control MV on fan speed for some reason.  Tried the old EVGA Precision X and its about worthless now.. cannot overclock my card whatsoever (I guess I CAN but cannot control fan speed or MV with afterburner and X1 Worked for a few days and decided to NEVER open again) ive installed-reinstalled, closed processes.. nothing works, it just shows the thinking windows 10 circle and NEVER opens.  Stuck with no Custom fan curve, no way of overclocking except vary moderately with afterburner as I cannot adjust MV, Fan Curve, Power Target or GPU Temp Target whatsoever! Please help, never delt with this before and have had NO ANSWERS from EVGA nor anyone local in my area!  Thanks!

Dont Listen To Me
I7-9700k @ 5.1, RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra, 32 GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB @ 3.6 Ghz, Aorus z390 Pro Wifi Mobo, EVGA 850W PSU, Corsair H115i Platinum 280mm Cooler, 2 x 2 TB 860 Evo ssd, 1 x 512GB 970 pro M.2 (boot + Crap), 1 TB 970 Evo NVME in PCIE to M.2 Adapter. 
MrSix18
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/20 23:37:00 (permalink)
Let me correct my above comment.  Took the guys advice above me and downloaded 3.9.. and it opened?? so obviously they screwed a lot up with the 3.10 and 3.11 update.  

Dont Listen To Me
I7-9700k @ 5.1, RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra, 32 GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB @ 3.6 Ghz, Aorus z390 Pro Wifi Mobo, EVGA 850W PSU, Corsair H115i Platinum 280mm Cooler, 2 x 2 TB 860 Evo ssd, 1 x 512GB 970 pro M.2 (boot + Crap), 1 TB 970 Evo NVME in PCIE to M.2 Adapter. 
aroubin
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/21 23:26:10 (permalink)
I am also having issues getting 3.11 running on Win 10 Pro 1809. 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra. Same two exceptions as listed above.
MrSix18
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/22 09:05:08 (permalink)
so far version 3.9 has been saving my overclock settings with every restart, the only issue is the scan/test feature doesn't work at all.  Left it to scan on my way to work yesterday and remotely accessed my computer about 2 hours later only to see it "still scanning" (or whatever you want to call it doing) and ramping my GPU up to 99% load for over 85 minutes and reaching temperatures almost maxed while doing so.  So far I haven't noticed any signs of it ruining my rtx 2060 but that's not the point.  The point is I luckily recorded multiple parameters so I could see exactly what is was doing as far as "scanning" goes and it basically just bounced around from 40% up to 99% load for around 2 hours.  Luckily I caught it and shut it down remotely but the main issue is they are pushing this software out and are going to end up causing a lot of people problems when their software frys graphics cards when its supposed to be "scanning".  Other than this HUGE problem (which is my fault for not letting it test while I was at the desktop in person and I shouldn't of took their word that Precision x1 works when it obviously almost cost me my 400$ GPU which again isn't as bad had it of been one of your guys quadruple digit priced 2080 Ti's or titan cards, but none the less, a HUGE PROBLEM) my advice would be to manually overclock your card and test accordingly, if you cannot, then learn about it and then try on your own, I was just trying the scan feature to see if it worked and it obviously didn't. DO NOT USE THE SCAN/TEST feature as it has some serious kinks, other than that... 3.9 has been working ok.  

Dont Listen To Me
aroubin
  • Total Posts : 18
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/22 23:47:41 (permalink)
MrSix18
so far version 3.9 has been saving my overclock settings with every restart, the only issue is the scan/test feature doesn't work at all.  Left it to scan on my way to work yesterday and remotely accessed my computer about 2 hours later only to see it "still scanning" (or whatever you want to call it doing) and ramping my GPU up to 99% load for over 85 minutes and reaching temperatures almost maxed while doing so.  So far I haven't noticed any signs of it ruining my rtx 2060 but that's not the point.  The point is I luckily recorded multiple parameters so I could see exactly what is was doing as far as "scanning" goes and it basically just bounced around from 40% up to 99% load for around 2 hours.  Luckily I caught it and shut it down remotely but the main issue is they are pushing this software out and are going to end up causing a lot of people problems when their software frys graphics cards when its supposed to be "scanning".  Other than this HUGE problem (which is my fault for not letting it test while I was at the desktop in person and I shouldn't of took their word that Precision x1 works when it obviously almost cost me my 400$ GPU which again isn't as bad had it of been one of your guys quadruple digit priced 2080 Ti's or titan cards, but none the less, a HUGE PROBLEM) my advice would be to manually overclock your card and test accordingly, if you cannot, then learn about it and then try on your own, I was just trying the scan feature to see if it worked and it obviously didn't. DO NOT USE THE SCAN/TEST feature as it has some serious kinks, other than that... 3.9 has been working ok.  

Good to know. I installed 3.9 and it seems to work. So for now I am happy this software works at all. Not OCing at this time.
tobin.roos@gmail.com
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/23 14:09:15 (permalink)
Have   an RTX-2080 TI FTW.  I tried Precision X1 for months, and it just faults on load.  Removed all EVGA programs. Followed all of the advice previously given in this forum to no avail.

Error is:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:                        CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:                       PX18.exe
  Problem Signature 02:                       0.3.11.0
  Problem Signature 03:                       5c1db3ea
  Problem Signature 04:                       PX18
  Problem Signature 05:                       0.3.11.0
  Problem Signature 06:                       5c1db3ea
  Problem Signature 07:                       f
  Problem Signature 08:                       10
  Problem Signature 09:                       System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:                                             1033
  Additional Information 1:                  39db
  Additional Information 2:                  39db83ebfff3b4712b0298874861400d
  Additional Information 3:                  87cf
  Additional Information 4:                  87cf64a255fb96d0aa4f2d1420383fd1

Please post a solution for Win 7 x64 if available.

I love the card but cannot recommend EVGA, due to problems like this.

Followed advice on dropping in this file in Precision X1 directory
PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll

It Works!! Thanks
post edited by tobin.roos@gmail.com - 2019/02/23 15:22:42
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/23 14:15:53 (permalink)
tobin.roos@gmail.com
Have   an RTX-2080 TI FTW.  I tried Precision X1 for months, and it just faults on load.  Removed all EVGA programs. Followed all of the advice previously given in this forum to no avail.

Error is:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:                        CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:                       PX18.exe
  Problem Signature 02:                       0.3.11.0
  Problem Signature 03:                       5c1db3ea
  Problem Signature 04:                       PX18
  Problem Signature 05:                       0.3.11.0
  Problem Signature 06:                       5c1db3ea
  Problem Signature 07:                       f
  Problem Signature 08:                       10
  Problem Signature 09:                       System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
  OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:                                             1033
  Additional Information 1:                  39db
  Additional Information 2:                  39db83ebfff3b4712b0298874861400d
  Additional Information 3:                  87cf
  Additional Information 4:                  87cf64a255fb96d0aa4f2d1420383fd1

Please post a solution for Win 7 x64 if available.

I love the card but cannot recommend EVGA, due to problems like this.

See post #73.
tobin.roos@gmail.com
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/23 15:24:02 (permalink)
PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll  

makes it work.  thanks!
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/02/23 16:55:58 (permalink)

Kaankesici
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/03/09 19:51:55 (permalink)
Hey I had the same issue Precision X1 and after doing this one here it worked out for me and the programme opened up again
d.burnette
Have you tried installing Precision X1 outside of the Program Files folder?
I have mine installed just to C:/EVGA/Precision X1/

FM540i
Re: Precision X1 Will Not Open 2019/04/04 08:20:42 (permalink)
So far only Beta 3.09 works for me.  Windows 10 Pro.  Nothing beyond 3.09 works.  Sucks because I just purchased a RTX 2080 XC2 Ultra.  Strange thing is my original card EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 worked under 3.12..Unfortunately it was too big for my media case and I sold it on Ebay.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile