EVGA

Worst Step-Up program for EU customers

Author
przemek1109
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/02/15 14:16:40 (permalink)
Hi, I was wondering to discuss why EU customers have worst step-up program than USA.

a) EU cutomsers have less products in step-up program
b) Step-up take much longer e.g. for USA EVGA started RTX 2060 from 28/29.01.2019 , EU still are waiting...
c) Exclusive Remedy and Limited Refunds - Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the product packaging has been opened is unlawful EU customers law. In the EU you have the right to return purchases made online or through other types of distance selling, such as by phone, mail order or from a door-to-door salesperson, within 14 days for a full refund. The consumer is liable for the decrease in the value of things as a result of using it in a way that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of things.

19 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/15 21:31:33 (permalink)
    EVGA is a US based company. Keep that in mind. Evga can cut this program at any time, without notice, and is not required to offer it all.

As far as step up times, EVGA is based in the US. The products are delivered to the US, then split up and shipped to other retailers and countries. US step ups are definitely going to start happening before the EU step ups, because the cards get to the US well before they get to the EU. Once the cards arrive in the EU, step ups will start. EVGA doesn’t use express shipping to get the product to the EU, and EVGA does not make the US wait for the EU cards to get delivered before they start the US step ups.

EVGA is NOT a large company like MSI, Gigabyte, or ASUS, which you may want to remember that none of the larger companies offer any program like this. At most, they would offer you a discount rather than giving you the full cost of the card that you originally paid.

There is 1 GPU missing from the EU step up list, and that is the 2070. Unless you REALLY wanted a card between the GT730 and 1050ti... which you shouldn’t be worried about. If not, the quantity of cards means nothing... they are all very old cards that are missing from the EU list.

It also looks like 1 motherboard is different as well as one other motherboard not being offered.

As far as restocking fees, I don’t know anything about consumer laws in the EU. Are you returning a product? If not, how does the restocking issue affect step up?
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2019/02/15 21:32:49
    SirZeke
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/25 07:47:37 (permalink)
    przemek1109
    Hi, I was wondering to discuss why EU customers have worst step-up program than USA.

a) EU cutomsers have less products in step-up program
    b) Step-up take much longer e.g. for USA EVGA started RTX 2060 from 28/29.01.2019 , EU still are waiting...
    c) Exclusive Remedy and Limited Refunds - Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the product packaging has been opened is unlawful EU customers law. In the EU you have the right to return purchases made online or through other types of distance selling, such as by phone, mail order or from a door-to-door salesperson, within 14 days for a full refund. The consumer is liable for the decrease in the value of things as a result of using it in a way that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of things.

Hi, I have my step up "Queue Complete Pending" from 9/21/2018 and I am still waiting for my 2080Ti. I love Evga step up program but its not perfect. 
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/25 10:54:02 (permalink)
    The harder it seems to provide products to the EU the more and more I can see in the Long Run that a lot of US Based Companies altogether drop sales to the EU or the Countries under the European Union (EU).

This as well;
    Citizens’ rights after the UK leaves the EU
    There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens currently living in the UK until 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. You and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK. The scheme will open fully by 30 March 2019.
    You can read about the rights and status of UK nationals living in the EU after the UK leaves the EU.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/02/25 10:56:11

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Lokator
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 147
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/25 13:19:33 (permalink)
    The step up queue in EU for 2080 Ti didn’t open before 27th September 2018... also I got in step up queue on first day 27th September 23:03 and am still waiting in the queue.
    przemek1109
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/26 10:08:44 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    EVGA is a US based company. Keep that in mind. Evga can cut this program at any time, without notice, and is not required to offer it all.

As far as step up times, EVGA is based in the US. The products are delivered to the US, then split up and shipped to other retailers and countries. US step ups are definitely going to start happening before the EU step ups, because the cards get to the US well before they get to the EU. Once the cards arrive in the EU, step ups will start. EVGA doesn’t use express shipping to get the product to the EU, and EVGA does not make the US wait for the EU cards to get delivered before they start the US step ups.

EVGA is NOT a large company like MSI, Gigabyte, or ASUS, which you may want to remember that none of the larger companies offer any program like this. At most, they would offer you a discount rather than giving you the full cost of the card that you originally paid.

There is 1 GPU missing from the EU step up list, and that is the 2070. Unless you REALLY wanted a card between the GT730 and 1050ti... which you shouldn’t be worried about. If not, the quantity of cards means nothing... they are all very old cards that are missing from the EU list.

It also looks like 1 motherboard is different as well as one other motherboard not being offered.

As far as restocking fees, I don’t know anything about consumer laws in the EU. Are you returning a product? If not, how does the restocking issue affect step up?

I can agree that right now Step-Up in EU and USA are comparable but when i thought about steup-up in december/january there was huge difference e.g. only RTX 2080 TI available... EU laws state that consumer are able to return items within 14 days. The consumer is liable for the decrease in the value of things as a result of using it in a way that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature. So I do not understand why they want from us 15% return fee it is something that cleary break EU laws.

Are you kidding about shipping? As you can saw in this forum and in this topic people from EU are waiting for Step-up cards more than 3 months vs their colleagues from USA. So the strange shipping is using by EVGA, worst than economic letter from CHINA to EU... 
    post edited by przemek1109 - 2019/02/26 10:10:54
    Lokator
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/26 11:14:23 (permalink)
    przemek1109
    the_Scarlet_one

I can agree that right now Step-Up in EU and USA are comparable but when i thought about steup-up in december/january there was huge difference e.g. only RTX 2080 TI available... EU laws state that consumer are able to return items within 14 days. The consumer is liable for the decrease in the value of things as a result of using it in a way that goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature. So I do not understand why they want from us 15% return fee it is something that cleary break EU laws.

Are you kidding about shipping? As you can saw in this forum and in this topic people from EU are waiting for Step-up cards more than 3 months vs their colleagues from USA. So the strange shipping is using by EVGA, worst than economic letter from CHINA to EU... 

I am waiting since 27th september, so not 3, it is 5 months waiting now.
    Also it can´t be the long shipping time since we have between 1660 Ti (out since 5 days) and 2080 all cards available in EVGA store.
    We had last weekend a half day the 2080 Ti XC Ultra and 2 days the 2080 Ti Black in the EVGA EU store, now it is empty again.
    So there are just not enough 2080 Tis shipping to EU and nothing happens in the EU step up queue since september, 5 months.

SirZeke
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/26 11:32:47 (permalink)
    Lokator
    przemek1109
    the_Scarlet_one

I am waiting since 27th september, so not 3, it is 5 months waiting now.
    Also it can´t be the long shipping time since we have between 1660 Ti (out since 5 days) and 2080 all cards available in EVGA store.
    We had last weekend a half day the 2080 Ti XC Ultra and 2 days the 2080 Ti Black in the EVGA EU store, now it is empty again.
    So there are just not enough 2080 Tis shipping to EU and nothing happens in the EU step up queue since september, 5 months.

Same I'm on waiting list from 27 September, I did say 21 first but that the date when I purchase extended warranty. I'm already waiting 5 months... so not impressed.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/26 11:55:56 (permalink)
    Quantities of RTX 2080ti are tight worldwide. I hope in the coming weeks supply will be better.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

przemek1109
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/26 12:49:50 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Quantities of RTX 2080ti are tight worldwide. I hope in the coming weeks supply will be better.

Nice to hear but I was wondering to have the same quality of services like colleagues from USA.

1) The same or at least similar availability of products in Step-UP program.
    2) Faster EU Step-up delivery, USA have started RTX 2060 shipping on 1-29-19, EU still waiting (right now we have end of February) . I do not even mention people waiting for RTX 2080...
    3) Delete 15% restocking fee - it cleary break EU laws, EU customers can return within 14 days ordered items and request for a full refund
    4) We pay more or the same amount of money as US customers, so we kindly request the same quality of services.

Thank in advance!

Lokator
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/26 15:01:33 (permalink)
    3) probably you are right with that and yep I agree, but if you have such a big problem with that maybe just buy your EVGA card from a different retailer?

But hm 5 months waiting is quiet hard, I know I am good with my 1080 Ti but at the moment it is like 30% fan speed (everything over 30% fan speed annoys me) and extremely throttling or with headphones 80% fan speed and still over 70 degrees C since my case is inverted and has not good airflow for gpu.

So I am just waiting for 2080 Ti to 1st put 2x inverted noctua nh-d12x25 fans on it for quiet and good cooling
    and 2nd probably buy Aqua computer best epic watercooling block and get best epic water cooling stuff my money can buy and waiting every day for being able to change stuff on my pc is just very hard for me lmao.
    post edited by Lokator - 2019/02/26 15:02:51
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/26 15:11:00 (permalink)
    przemek1109
    Nice to hear but I was wondering to have the same quality of services like colleagues from USA.

1) The same or at least similar availability of products in Step-UP program.
    2) Faster EU Step-up delivery, USA have started RTX 2060 shipping on 1-29-19, EU still waiting (right now we have end of February) . I do not even mention people waiting for RTX 2080...
    3) Delete 15% restocking fee - it cleary break EU laws, EU customers can return within 14 days ordered items and request for a full refund
    4) We pay more or the same amount of money as US customers, so we kindly request the same quality of services.

Thank in advance!

1.) what items are available to the US that is not available to the EU aside from the 2070?

3.) I am doing my best to find the mentioned restocking fee on the website, but I do not see this mentioned, can you please link the page where the restocking fee is mentioned for EU customers?

4.) your region requires VAT, which the US does not add, making the cost much higher. That is not something US can control. EVGA is also a US based company, and the products are delivered to the US before they can proceed to the EU. It has always taken much longer for the product to get to the EU after going through the US.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/26 15:16:19 (permalink)
    How does this 15% restocking fee tie into the Step-Up Program?
    https://eu.evga.com/support/stepup/

https://eu.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

Exclusive Remedy and Limited Refunds

• Except as specifically provided below, your sole remedy for a defective Product shall be the repair or replacement of such defective Product in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty.
    • EVGA only offers refunds for products purchased directly from its official website EVGA.com if such products are returned within 14 days of purchase. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the product packaging has been opened, regardless of whether the product has been used or not.
      • For products not purchased at EVGA.com, refund claims, if any, are subject to the Authorized Reseller's refund policy and must be processed through the original Authorized Reseller's return policy.  EVGA will not honor any refunds offered through Authorized Resellers.
    • EVGA does not cover shipping costs for products that are returned for a refund.

https://eu.evga.com/warranty/2011/

Replacement and Refund:

• Products sent in for RMA will be repaired or replaced with a product deemed to be of equal or greater performance by EVGA if an exact replacement is not available.
    • EVGA Warranty begins from the date the product is shipped from the EVGA warehouse.
      • For the original owner of the product with a valid invoice that can be verified from an approved reseller the warranty begins from the date of purchase on the invoice.
    • EVGA only offers refunds on products purchased directly from EU.EVGA.com within 30 days of purchase and are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
      • For products not purchased at EVGA.com, all refund claims would need to be processed through the vendor that sold the product according to their return policy.
    • All products returned from EVGA's RMA department are thoroughly tested recertified products. If an RMA is necessary within 30 days of the original purchase date, a new in box replacement will be sent in return. All recertified purchases will receive a recertified product for replacement.
    • Replacements under EVGA's RMA Service will continue the original product's warranty based on the original warranty start date.

https://eu.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/  https://eu.evga.com/warranty/motherboards/  https://eu.evga.com/warranty/power-supplies/ 

Exclusive Remedy and Limited Refunds

• Except as specifically provided below, your sole remedy for a defective Product shall be the repair or replacement of such defective Product in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty.
    • EVGA only offers refunds for products purchased directly from its official website EVGA.com if such products are returned within 14 days of purchase. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the product packaging has been opened, regardless of whether the product has been used or not.
      • For products not purchased at EVGA.com, refund claims, if any, are subject to the Authorized Reseller's refund policy and must be processed through the original Authorized Reseller's return policy.  EVGA will not honor any refunds offered through Authorized Resellers.
    • EVGA does not cover shipping costs for products that are returned for a refund.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/02/26 16:08:11

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/26 15:56:12 (permalink)
    Ohh, ok.  I couldn't get the links above to show up with my phone for some reason.  I could only find this: https://eu.evga.com/legal/store/ and it doesn't mention a restocking fee in #9.  
    przemek1109
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/02/27 13:35:50 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Ohh, ok.  I couldn't get the links above to show up with my phone for some reason.  I could only find this: https://eu.evga.com/legal/store/ and it doesn't mention a restocking fee in #9.  

Here: https://eu.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/ EVGA only offers refunds for products purchased directly from its official website EVGA.com if such products are returned within 14 days of purchase. Returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the product packaging has been opened, regardless of whether the product has been used or not.

bcavnaugh
    How does this 15% restocking fee tie into the Step-Up Program?

It does not tie into the Step-Up Program, I wrote it as additional remark.
    _JeffP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 652
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/03/03 21:48:26 (permalink)
    Our Store Terms are applicable for returns, not the warranty terms. 

Our current return policy at this time is: https://eu.evga.com/legal/store/

9. Return Policy
    EVGA offers a 14-day return for refund policy from the date of purchase on items purchased directly by you from EVGA.com. EVGA does not offer any refunds on shipping once the order has shipped to the customer and the customer is responsible for any transit, customs, or brokerage fees due to a non-deliverable or rejected package.
    The below EVGA policy is applicable to products purchased by you directly from the EVGA.com website.
    All products returned for a refund require an EVGA Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA number). You may obtain an RMA number by contacting the EVGA customer support department either by email or through the phone. Please visit our contact page at http://www.evga.com/about/ContactUs/ for further contact information.
    Products returned for a refund must be in “as-new” condition, in the original packaging and with all warranty cards, manuals, and accessories.
    You will be responsible for the return shipping of non-defective products.
    Any product missing a UPC sticker or serial number from the box are not able to be returned for a refund.
    Combos and bundles including two or more items that must be purchased together to receive a discount will require that all items are returned for a refund.
    Promotional items such as games or software marked as free upon purchase must not be redeemed, opened, or used when returning an item for a refund. If the promotional item was redeemed, opened, or used than the cost of the promotional item will be deducted from the refund amount and the cost of the promotional item will be determined by EVGA at the time of refund.
    Prizes offered by EVGA do not have a purchase value and therefore cannot be returned for a refund.
    You will be credited with your refund within 7-10 business days of EVGA receiving your returned product.
    PayPal Refunds
    Refunds for products purchased through PayPal are subject to additional fees levied by PayPal. Requests for a refund must follow the EVGA Return Policy process outlined above. Once EVGA receives the product and approves the refund request, EVGA will supply the refund amount to PayPal. After PayPal receives the refund, PayPal may apply a fee for handling the process prior to refunding the amount to the customer. EVGA and its affiliates are not responsible for any fines or fees applied by PayPal or any other third-party payment service, and will not be held liable or responsible to the customer for the cost of any fees or fines applied by PayPal or any other third-party payment service.

As you can see there is no restocking fee mentioned for EU returns. 

Everything is security. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/03/04 04:34:42 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JeffP
    Our Store Terms are applicable for returns, not the warranty terms. 

Our current return policy at this time is: https://eu.evga.com/legal/store/

9. Return Policy
    EVGA offers a 14-day return for refund policy from the date of purchase on items purchased directly by you from EVGA.com. EVGA does not offer any refunds on shipping once the order has shipped to the customer and the customer is responsible for any transit, customs, or brokerage fees due to a non-deliverable or rejected package.
    The below EVGA policy is applicable to products purchased by you directly from the EVGA.com website.
    All products returned for a refund require an EVGA Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA number). You may obtain an RMA number by contacting the EVGA customer support department either by email or through the phone. Please visit our contact page at http://www.evga.com/about/ContactUs/ for further contact information.
    Products returned for a refund must be in “as-new” condition, in the original packaging and with all warranty cards, manuals, and accessories.
    You will be responsible for the return shipping of non-defective products.
    Any product missing a UPC sticker or serial number from the box are not able to be returned for a refund.
    Combos and bundles including two or more items that must be purchased together to receive a discount will require that all items are returned for a refund.
    Promotional items such as games or software marked as free upon purchase must not be redeemed, opened, or used when returning an item for a refund. If the promotional item was redeemed, opened, or used than the cost of the promotional item will be deducted from the refund amount and the cost of the promotional item will be determined by EVGA at the time of refund.
    Prizes offered by EVGA do not have a purchase value and therefore cannot be returned for a refund.
    You will be credited with your refund within 7-10 business days of EVGA receiving your returned product.
    PayPal Refunds
    Refunds for products purchased through PayPal are subject to additional fees levied by PayPal. Requests for a refund must follow the EVGA Return Policy process outlined above. Once EVGA receives the product and approves the refund request, EVGA will supply the refund amount to PayPal. After PayPal receives the refund, PayPal may apply a fee for handling the process prior to refunding the amount to the customer. EVGA and its affiliates are not responsible for any fines or fees applied by PayPal or any other third-party payment service, and will not be held liable or responsible to the customer for the cost of any fees or fines applied by PayPal or any other third-party payment service.

As you can see there is no restocking fee mentioned for EU returns. 

Thanks Jeff :-)
    TheParagonHero
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 246
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/03/06 11:41:32 (permalink)
    You have to wait like everyone else has to wait. And none of your other complaints are grounded in reality. Releases in the past have led to even longer waits than you've experienced, so it's technically still too early to complain about the wait.

And you're buying overseas--you have to understand that it's impossible to provide the level of service you're expecting without EVGA completely moving production/distribution to Europe. EVGA is one of--I think--two USA-based aftermarket GPU brands. As a result, I know I'll get better service from either of them than, a company like ASUS or Gigabyte. Why? Because servicing international customers is a lot harder than local customers. Being able to offer global servicing/distribution is a feat in it's own and it's the reason there are brands offered in Europe, not offered in the US and vice-versa. 

The fact that EVGA has managed to offer its Step-Up program outside of the US is actually insanely impressive. It's an awesome service, unique to EVGA and it's one of many things that sets them apart from every other brand. Most brands don't even have a forum like this where both customer support and tech support are on stand-by to offer help to their customers.

EVGA doesn't let the fact that it's a global brand hinder it's ability to offer great customer service. Browse the forum and you'll see tons of customer service success stories in which EVGA went above and beyond to service customers from around the globe. Not many brands can match there level of service one bit, offering customer service horror stories, instead.

Just be patient, read things a little more thoroughly so you can avoid the disservice of misinforming yourself, then, when the time comes, enjoy your new card. 

ASUS ROG Maximus VII HERO - Intel Core i7 4790k /w Corsair Hydro H105
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2133MHz - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Black Edition

Lokator
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/03/08 03:04:55 (permalink)
    Germany Step up from 1080 Ti SC Black to 2080 Ti XC Black:

Step 1: 27th September 2018 23:03 German time

Step 2: 8th March 2019 9:31am German time :D - yippie, thx EVGA

just to let you know sth happens in european step up queue
    post edited by Lokator - 2019/03/08 05:41:16
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Worst Step-Up program for EU customers 2019/03/08 05:11:29 (permalink)
    Lokator
    Germany Step up from 1080 Ti SC Black to 2080 Ti XC Black:

Step 1: 27th September 2018 23:03 German time

Step 2: 8th March 2019 9:31am German time :D - yippie, thx EVGA

Do the happy dance!!!!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile