EVGA

Failing to install drivers - Please help

Author
Ryan Taylor
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/02/15 12:07:12 (permalink)
Hi. So I got my EVGA NU Audio and cannot get it to work.
I have it plugged into a pcie x16 slot because its the only one left on my motherboard however they fit fine. I have a sata to molex adapter due to not having enough sata connections coming from my power supply. However the cards RGB does not light up, and when I go to install drivers it tells me to restart the PC then it brings this up

EVGA NU Audio card
Speaker not found!
Spdif not found!
Mic not found!
Line in not found!

I click okay and this comes up

EVGA NU Audio driver failed to install correctly. Please reboot your computer and run the installer again.

This is happened 4 times now, tia if anyone can give me a hand.

6 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Failing to install drivers - Please help 2019/02/15 12:22:58 (permalink)
    Welcome to the Forums

OS ?

MB, CPU ..... tell us about your PC

Windows 7 NU Audio Driver Installation

http://www.evga.com/support/faq/?f=59761

(refresh the page to see replies)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

jll544
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 101
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Failing to install drivers - Please help 2019/02/15 16:18:33 (permalink)
    Ryan Taylor
    I have a sata to molex adapter due to not having enough sata connections coming from my power supply.

A molex adapter is not going to work. You need a full SATA power connection to the sound card: http://www.evga.com/support/faq/?f=59760

Maybe use the molex adapter to power an HDD/SSD.
    rossvalentine
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Failing to install drivers - Please help 2019/05/29 12:55:11 (permalink)
    Well after a lot messing around with the same problem I have concluded that this is card is incompatible with an HP Z600 workstation. The Sata power cables on this workstation only have 4 wires, not 5. It would have been great if this was explicitly stated in the requirements for the card before you purchase it. Unfortunately I am going to have to return it as I have no other way to get 3.3v connection to the card. I am totally confused as to why they would use a connection that is not used by anything other than fans to power the card, I mean this would have saved me and others a lot of time, effort (and money) if they just used the 5.5v and dropped the voltage on the card to the required voltage. Not entirely impressed with EVGA over this, first bit of hardware I have ever bought from them.
    GGTV-Jon
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1813
    • Ribbons : 19
    Re: Failing to install drivers - Please help 2019/05/29 13:30:30 (permalink)
    3.3 IS used by some SATA drives, that is the reason for the 5th wire. As to doing the 5 to 3v on the card it makes for more components and circuitry and more money. Why add complexity when there is an available power source.

I am going to be a jerk here but it sounds like you are do for a new system

rossvalentine
    Re: Failing to install drivers - Please help 2019/05/29 14:00:57 (permalink)
    Not buying a new computer for this card! No way, it'l be going back to where it came from and I'll skip on EVGA hardware from now on in
    rossvalentine
    Re: Failing to install drivers - Please help 2019/05/29 15:32:16 (permalink)
    I managed to fix this, by hacking together a cable... taking 3.3V from the internal serial connector and soldering that to a sata connector. I don't recommend it for everyone but it worked for me. 

The card is working and it sounds really good! 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile