EVGA

AnsweredNU Audio no dts, no Dolby Digital

Author
scaminero
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2019/02/15 02:57:17 (permalink)
I bought an Evga NU and I have a serious problem. I have it connected by Toslink to a Yamaha RX-V673 5.1 receiver and it does not play either DTS or Dolby Digital. In sound options the control panel of windows 10 tells me that it can not play DTS or Dolby Digital samples.
Before with the integrated sound of my Aorus Z390 Master and with a Creative AE-5 all ok both DTS and Dolby Digital.
I have the integrated sound disabled in the bios and I have the NU Audio connected directly to my Corsair RM 1000 with a cable like that of the other SATA peripherals.
I have come to format my PC and reinstall everything and the issue has not been fixed. The drivers of the card I have installed 20 times and nothing, I have downloaded to 24bits and 44100 and 44800 and nothing. I do not know what else to do.
EVGA offers me a card replacement but for me and my experience of many years, it is a driver problem and with a card replacement it is not going to be solved.
Does it happen to someone the same?
Could you fix it?
Any ideas?
sorry for my bad English
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: NU Audio no dts, no Dolby Digital 2019/02/15 14:02:52 (permalink)
Did you check the SPDIF-Out properties to make sure DTS Audio and Dolby Digital is checked?
Right click on speaker> Sounds> Playback> SPDIF-Out> Click properties> Supported Formats

My Creative AE-5 shows that information.

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: NU Audio no dts, no Dolby Digital 2019/02/15 19:00:44 (permalink)
This is a driver issue, not a card problem.  Seems like there's an issue with 5.1 compressed audio at the moment, and our team is working resolve it.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: NU Audio no dts, no Dolby Digital 2019/02/15 21:23:23 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
This is a driver issue, not a card problem.  Seems like there's an issue with 5.1 compressed audio at the moment, and our team is working resolve it.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

scaminero
Re: NU Audio no dts, no Dolby Digital 2019/02/16 07:15:36 (permalink)
THANK YOU
I'm canceling the RMA and I'm waiting for a new driver.
Say nothing more than I'm a bit annoyed with EVGA since at my age and although I dominate the subject quite a lot, you always think that you do something wrong and waste precious time, even going to format the pc.
In all the information it says that it works 5.1 and it is understood that it is Dolby Digital and DTS (even the integrated audio of any motherboard of middle class does it from the first day) and it would have to be warned that it will work with some next drivers. It would have saved me days of tests, installing and uninstalling drivers a lot of times or if I had known it I would have waited for this to work since I see many movies that use these audio systems.
In this sense serious failure of EVGA and for me improper of a mark of its prestige.
post edited by scaminero - 2019/02/17 02:18:14
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: NU Audio no dts, no Dolby Digital 2019/02/17 08:13:56 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby scaminero 2019/02/17 09:42:26
scaminero
THANK YOU
Say nothing more than I'm a bit annoyed with EVGA since at my age and although I dominate the subject quite a lot, you always think that you do something wrong and waste precious time, even going to format the pc.
In all the information it says that it works 5.1 and it is understood that it is Dolby Digital and DTS (even the integrated audio of any motherboard of middle class does it from the first day) and it would have to be warned that it will work with some next drivers. It would have saved me days of tests, installing and uninstalling drivers a lot of times or if I had known it I would have waited for this to work since I see many movies that use these audio systems.
In this sense serious failure of EVGA and for me improper of a mark of its prestige.

I hope you realize the NU Audio is a Stereo only sound card with optical out (passthrough). It won't do anything to improve the digital audio signal being sent through the optical cable to your Yamaha RX-V673 5.1 receiver. The receiver does all the audio processing when you use optical cable to it.

scaminero
Re: NU Audio no dts, no Dolby Digital 2019/02/17 09:43:35 (permalink)
But the problem is that despite being connected by optical cable the Yamaha does not receive the order to decode DTS or Dolby Digital so I understand it is a problem of the drivers of the EVGA NU Audio
MSim
scaminero
THANK YOU

I hope you realize the NU Audio is a Stereo only sound card with optical out (passthrough). It won't do anything to improve the digital audio signal being sent through the optical cable to your Yamaha RX-V673 5.1 receiver. The receiver does all the audio processing when you use optical cable to it.

But the problem is that despite being connected by optical cable the Yamaha does not receive the order to decode DTS or Dolby Digital so I understand it is a problem of the drivers of the EVGA NU Audio
playboyer
  • Total Posts : 99
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: NU Audio no dts, no Dolby Digital 2019/03/12 08:15:22 (permalink)
Do you really get 5.1 on your receiver when connected to the AE-5??? I was told by a creative tech support that the AE-5 does not support DTS connect. I have the AE-5 and I only get 2.1 to my receiver even if I have DTS checked in the windows audio control panel (no DTS option in the Soundblaster application). With my Sound Blaster ZXR I am able to select DTS in the creative audio app and get 5.1 to my home theater receiver.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile