Is a New Jade Empire Game on the Horizon? EA Files for New Trademark

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/02/04 11:42:43 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/252214/is-a-new-jade-empire-game-on-the-horizon-ea-files-for-new-trademark

The original Jade Empire was Bioware's first foray into their own imagined IP and universe, and released to wide acclaim as an original Xbox exclusive. EA has filed for a trademark on the game in the "Goods and Services" category, allowing for "Entertainment services, namely, providing an on-line computer game; Provision of information relating to electronic computer games provided via the Internet."

It could also just mean that EA is keeping up with soon-to-be-expiring trademarks so as not to lose their rights to the IP, but still, launch of any game would require the establishment/renewal of such trademarks. We'll have to play the most unavoidable game known to gamers: the waiting one. Well I'm one of the hopeful ones who would like to play this game on a PC if possible.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Killmur
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5311
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Is a New Jade Empire Game on the Horizon? EA Files for New Trademark 2019/02/04 13:08:34 (permalink)
    I still haven't finished this game at all. I got a free copy through Origin a long time ago and did enjoy what little I played of it. I wouldn't mind them revisiting this particular IP at all. Right now all Bioware is focused on is the new Anthem and the continual turning of SWTOR into a single player game while also throwing the Mass Effect franchise under the bus with poor decisions.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile