EVGA

Review from Poland.

Author
genghiskhanpl
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/02/01 12:57:23 (permalink)
I have not bought any audio equipment for a long time. I wanted to change something in my audio system. First, I exchanged the DAC (QNKTC AB-1.1) for the xDuoo xd-05 portable model and that was a significant improvement. I did, however, keep something more. My friend (JPLAY owner) told me to wait for CES because EVGA will show a new sound card that will be a very good product.
And so I became the owner of EVGA NU-AUDIO - maybe first owner in Poland.

The first song showed me how good a product I'm dealing with. The sound has become more dynamic and full of details. There was also a feeling of musicality and lightness - it's nice to listen to music on NU AUDIO without any fatigue.

I like the design of the card, it is aesthetic and suits any modern computer. Good quality RCA outputs allowed to connect the card to my amplifier. Thanks to the internal design, you could reduce costs (lack of case) and use better quality components. BINGO.

I have already used the option of replacing the op-amp - I used the burson v5i, which improved the sound. This is a good option for people who want to match the card to their expectations and musical preferences.

At the moment I had some problems with drivers and software, but after the reinstallation it was possible.
I am waiting for software updates and a list of op-amps compatible with Nu-AUDIO so that everyone can find something for themselves.

I am very happy, because for a small amount of money I have a very good quality sound card.

Im using Onkyo A 9010 amp, Dali Concept 2 monitors, Audiomica RCA interconnectors and Western Electric 16GA speaker wires.  

Attached Image(s)

i7 5960x @ 4500mhz, 32gigs 3200mhz ram, asus x99 deluxe II, asus 1080 GTX, EVGA Nu Audio

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Review from Poland. 2019/02/01 13:19:50 (permalink)
    Good to know replacing the op-amp with the burson v5i - made a Big difference in your opinion

thanks for sharing your experience

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

genghiskhanpl
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: Review from Poland. 2019/02/02 13:02:34 (permalink)
    UPDATED:

I have not bought any audio equipment for a long time. I wanted to change something in my audio system. First, I exchanged the DAC (QNKTC AB-1.1) for the xDuoo xd-05 portable model and that was a significant improvement. I did, however, keep something more. My friend (JPLAY founder) told me to wait for CES because EVGA will show a new sound card that will be a very good product.
    And so I became the owner of EVGA NU-AUDIO - maybe first owner in Poland.

The first song showed me how good a product I'm dealing with. I mainly listen to metal, rock and instrumental music.
    The sound has become more dynamic and full of details. There was also a feeling of musicality and lightness - it's nice to listen to music on NU AUDIO without any fatigue.
    The sound stage is wide and rich, I am delighted with stereo imaging. My audio system has never played so well. Some songs give me shivers :D

I like the design of the card, it is aesthetic and suits any modern computer. Good quality RCA outputs allowed to connect the card to my amplifier. Thanks to the internal design, you could reduce costs (lack of case) and use better quality components. BINGO.

I have already used the option of replacing the op-amp - I used the burson v5i, which improved the sound. This is a good option for people who want to match the card to their expectations and musical preferences.

At the moment I had some problems with drivers and software, but after the reinstallation everything works well.
    I am waiting for software updates and a list of op-amps compatible with Nu-AUDIO so that everyone can find something for themselves.

I am very happy, because for a small amount of money I have a very good quality internal sound card, that reminds me Sound Blaster and Gravis Ultrasound times.

What can be improved or added? My wishlist:
    Switching between line output and headphones, now both are playing at the same time. Maybe you can do the detection which is used?
    A larger number of RGB modes would be great. For now I really like SONIC RGB MODE, nice feature.
    I also came up with the idea that a transparent cover would look great.
    Are you planning to do an external version on usb? It would be great, you could enjoy great sound not only in the desktop but also in the laptop.

Im using Onkyo A 9010 amp, Dali Concept 2 monitors, Audiomica RCA interconnectors and Western Electric 16GA speaker wires, and AKG 712 PRO headphones.
    post edited by genghiskhanpl - 2019/02/04 23:37:12

Attached Image(s)

i7 5960x @ 4500mhz, 32gigs 3200mhz ram, asus x99 deluxe II, asus 1080 GTX, EVGA Nu Audio
    EVGAfan001
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Review from Poland. 2019/02/11 18:44:13 (permalink)
    Nice review and speakers! Dali is nice.

Could you please describe in what way you think the burson v5i op amp changed the the sound? Merely saying that it "improved the sound" is not very useful. Thanks!
    post edited by EVGAfan001 - 2019/02/11 18:46:37
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile