EVGA

This RMA experience has been weird and kind of terrible

Author
Pumpkinbomb
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/23 10:19:39 (permalink)
My RMA for my GPU was rejected because it shows signs of liquid damage.   That's fine.  It wasn't something I was aware of when I sent it, but I live in a fairly humid place and stuff happens, so I can accept that it's possible.  Since the card wasn't completely dead, I held out some hope that I could at least take it to a third party once I got it back and maybe there was a small chance it could still be fixed.  Unlikely?  Maybe?  I have no idea, but I figured it was worth a shot since I have nothing to lose if the card is already not functioning correctly.  The worst that could happen is someone says, "Nah, can't fix it."  

What I don't get is why my card wasn't returned in the same shape it was sent in.  I just got it back about 45 minutes ago and when I opened it, I was kind of surprised that the backplate was no longer attached and all of the screws were gone.  Furthermore, it had just kind of been haphazardly wedged in on the card and there were a few new small scratches on the card that weren't present on the pictures EVGA provided when they rejected the RMA.   I get that it's not your problem anymore, but I don't think it's asking too much to say hey...maybe don't treat my old card like garbage just yet and at least send it back the way it was.  Maybe none of this matters and maybe I was never going to be able to get it working again, but missing parts and additional damage won't help matters.  

If anything, it's just more disappointing because actually interacting with EVGA customer service has been awesome.  Everyone has been cool and helpful, so I really don't understand where those standards went at the very end of this process.   I don't expect I'll find better service elsewhere, but this has really soured my desire to buy EVGA products in the future.  

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile