EVGA

Come on, just send me a good card. Do I really need to do ANOTHER RMA?

Author
kladd85
  • Total Posts : 32
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/15 12:18:40 (permalink)
I get it, things happen. Worlds aren't perfect. I'm human too. But now I'm getting frustrated. I've kept my cool, I've maintained composer. But now I'm done. 100% done. I don't even care if you take this card back, I don't care if you refuse me for RMA. I'm frustrated, I'm over the top. I was originally treated like crap, couple of you made up for it, but too many dots have been drawn, and now there's a line. I'm not even going to type it all out, you can view my other threads in this very forum. 

Got the 2nd RMA card back today. I was promised everything was "double checked" on this card, and to not worry. In fact that rep was so freaking awesome I believed him. I complimented everyone how well they pounced on it. I'm literaly clicks away from buying an 2080. In fact I even was looking at B-stock 1080 Ti's FTW3 Hybrid you have for $650. Because I NEED to upgrade my 980 Ti. Now you can rest assured it will not be an EVGA. You can rest assure this will be the last EVGA product I buy. 560 Ti, 2 570s in SLi, 970 ACX2.0, 980 Ti, Supernova 650, and 850 G2.

This new RMA I received just shows how little care this, and how inconsistent the process is, after delays due to your inventory, after receiving a bad RMA. This card, clearly shows, no one cares.  After seeing you refuse someone else in this forum a RMA for a damaged PCB, and then to send me a card with a damaged PCB is just not right. There are what I assume brown out spots on the PCB. There are 2 chips in the lower portion of the PCB, there is a brown build of of some kind of residue near the IO in 4 spots, plexi is scratched, again. And to top it off theres a hair sticking out of the fan, this card hasn't even been plugged in yet (that was more just for the me trying to remain sensible and comical). But seriously I'm concerned to even plug this thing in! 

Anyways that's enough from me. I'm not sure which way this post will go. Either people will swoop in and apologize, or I'll be written off as a bad customer. Who knows, but fact remains. I'm a legit customer that buys EVGA, and I'm dissapointed. I'm upset, I'm frustrated. We are going on week 4 of a painfull process. Thank god my 970 works as a good backup.

https://imgur.com/5PzinmG

https://imgur.com/yUnTb9x

https://imgur.com/gWpp2ZF
post edited by kladd85 - 2019/01/15 12:27:07

Attached Image(s)

6 Replies Related Threads

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Come on, just send me a good card. Do I really need to do ANOTHER RMA? 2019/01/15 12:21:34 (permalink)
    You've lost your composure ? Could have fooled me...you're still pretty calm by the way you are typing. I'd be livid and it would show ...

Sorry you are going thru this.

Edit: Is the card at least functional?

post edited by transdogmifier - 2019/01/15 12:22:36

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Come on, just send me a good card. Do I really need to do ANOTHER RMA? 2019/01/15 12:25:13 (permalink)
    Hello kladd85! I apologize if you've experienced any difficulty with our RMA service. I will follow up with you personally to resolve the issue. Please check your e-mail inbox shortly.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    kladd85
    Re: Come on, just send me a good card. Do I really need to do ANOTHER RMA? 2019/01/15 12:26:06 (permalink)
    transdogmifier
    You've lost your composure ? Could have fooled me...you're still pretty calm by the way you are typing. I'd be livid and it would show ...

Sorry you are going thru this.

Edit: Is the card at least functional?

I'm not sure, I haven't plugged in in. I'm genuinely concerend to. Look at this brown spot. 
    https://imgur.com/5PzinmG
    kladd85
    Re: Come on, just send me a good card. Do I really need to do ANOTHER RMA? 2019/01/15 14:33:39 (permalink)
    Does anyone know if Adam has gone home for the day?

EDIT** Nevermind he followed up with me.
    post edited by kladd85 - 2019/01/15 15:01:59
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21173
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Come on, just send me a good card. Do I really need to do ANOTHER RMA? 2019/01/15 18:36:17 (permalink)
    Doesn't look too bad to me. That's what a RMA or Bstock card usually looks like, in my opinion and experience. Some better, some worse. Some hairs, wear and tear, dust, and scratches. The off-color residue on the board is pretty common even for a brand new video card. Looks pretty normal to me. It is a used card formally owned by someone else, after all. Just like the cards you sent in will likely be someone else's card in the future. If you take good care of your card, someone in the future will receive a nice card. If you take bad care of your card but EVGA accepts the RMA after a bit of kicking and screaming, someone in the future will receive a bad looking card. The customer before you has let you down. But if it works, use it. When people get mad that EVGA rejected their warranty because of cosmetic damage, just remember that there are people like you on the receiving end who get mad if they receive a blemished RMA or Bstock card. It's a push and shove thing and poor EVGA is trying to make both crowds happy.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2019/01/15 20:52:32

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

glenn37216
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 475
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Come on, just send me a good card. Do I really need to do ANOTHER RMA? 2019/01/19 13:51:42 (permalink)
    Long time member here. I've never gotten back a perfect RMA'd card either. There's always flaws here and there. Funny thing is ... I've RMA'd from other major brands and have never had "flaws" in their replacement products. I love the evga SUPPORT... but their QA on replacement parts has always needed some work. 

..(latest rma gpu is faulty and I have to send back. had it for just 3 weeks .. but notice how the label is coming unglued and cannot be re-stuck down. the gpu arrived like this along with nicks and scratches.
    post edited by glenn37216 - 2019/01/19 13:54:52

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile