EVGA

Will Using EVGA Precision XOC Void Warranty.

Author
AncientWanderer
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/14 20:55:45 (permalink)
Hey, I just want to know if using EVGA Precision XOC will void my warranty for my EVGA GTX 1080 SC. I tried looking it up, but the Warranty is a little confusing and some people say yes it will void warranty while others say no. I just want to know to see if I can use it to increase fan speed and maybe boost its performance a little, because it seems to reach 64-65 degrees when bench-marking and I think that is limiting its ability.
Note: The CPU never gets past 60 degrees under stress tests. I have also never Over-clocked before.
Any answer or advise would be very helpful and appreciated.

My build  
CPU: i7-8700k
CPU Fan: Noctua D15
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB
MB: Gigabyte Z370XP SLI
SSD: Sandisk 500GB
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200
Power: Seasonic 750W Platinum

4 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Will Using EVGA Precision XOC Void Warranty. 2019/01/14 20:57:01 (permalink)
    NO --> EVGA Precision XOC will NOT void your warranty

The stock EVGA software, hardware & factory BIOS will not allow settings that could damage your card

You could enter setting that are too much OC & your PC would be unstable ....

Nvidia Boost 3.0 also controls much of what a stock card can do --> monitoring Watts, Temps, MHz & automatically reducing power & MHz as it sees fit

Now for the Fun stuff:  Max Power & Temp sliders & crank your case fans to 100% -- you want to keep it cold as possible

Custom fan curve: (50 C is a magic number, thing start to slow, Nvidia Boost 3.0 starts to do its power/temp balance thing)
         1) at a minimum -- Temp in C + 10 = fan speed % ---> so 30 C = 40% fan --- 50 C = 60% fan
         2) aggressive fan curve 40% base speed, then at 40C = 80% fan & at 45 C = 100% fan

First, your PC & PSU have to be Rock Solid

Second, Silicon lottery --> you never know till you test it.

Third, you need to load the Card --> Benchmark software is a good start

PSA (public service announcement)  Do NOT set XOC to start with Windows, until you know the setting will not crash your GPU. . 
    If you enter unstable numbers -- you do not want the reboot after the system crash to Load those settings - right

Baby steps grass hopper:
    Try 10 - 25 MHz per adjustment then test for stability
    Start with the GPU (always) then after you find Max, back down 10% for Stability
    Now try Memory, after you find Max, back down 10% for Stability

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

AncientWanderer
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Will Using EVGA Precision XOC Void Warranty. 2019/01/14 21:23:18 (permalink)
    Thank you very much for the information and fast response time.
    It is really going to help me out. Have a nice night.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Will Using EVGA Precision XOC Void Warranty. 2019/01/14 21:40:41 (permalink)
    Happy to help

GOOD read:  GeForce GTX 1080 Overclocking Guide

Though the link is for a different Brand of OC software the same type of rules apply & it explains a lot of the tech

This may give you somewhat of an overview of the software

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

jfw06013
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 586
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Will Using EVGA Precision XOC Void Warranty. 2019/01/14 23:11:06 (permalink)
    You should also know that different software stresses your cpu/gpu in different ways.
    Overclocking your cpu and main memory will help with overclocking your gpu (video card).
    My system:

EVGA X299 FTW-K.
    EVGA 1200 GS watt psu.
    EVGA CLC (closed loop cooler) 280 x 140 mm.
    Intel i9 7900X cpu.
    Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB  32 GB.
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra.

With this system I run SETI at HOME with these settings (and I run this 24/7):
    i9 7900X overclocked from 3.3 GHz to 4.7GHz.
    System memory overclock to 3000 GHz (stock overclock on this motherboard).
    Video card:
    Memory Clock +0 (6800 MHz). I found that raising it did not make any difference, same with under clocking it.
    Memory controller load bounces between 17% and 68%.
    GPU Clock +185 (1920 MHz).
    Voltage 100%.
    Target Power +130.
    GPU Temp between 51 C and 57 C.

If I run Port Royal it would totally crash with the GPU Clock at +185 and at +115 shows artifacts but work well
    at +110.
    Your mileage may vary. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile