AnsweredEVGA 750 G3

Author
ACETech
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/13 10:22:10 (permalink)
New PSU for all new desktop for boss.

I installed the motherboard and PSU.  I get lights on the mobo LED and the ASUS symbol on the mobo but no fans turn either by 3 pin connector and mobo direct power.  The fan on the PSU has not turned.

The CPU/MOBO cables are all black.  So my quick test with paper clip is on hold unless somebody can tell me which PIN is the green cable and which one can I use for ground.

I'll also mention that I'm not able to get power to the unit via the Power On button on the case.  I have the ASUS mobo instructions and followed the pin connectors (switching around to test, not sure of the +/- on the cable (one simple has a arrow, is this normally + or -   ??).     I've built several desktops and the boss is a smart guy and computer hobbyist and bought excellent equipment.

Thanks for the help.
Darryl
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA 750 G3 2019/01/13 10:24:05 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby ACETech 2019/01/13 11:27:58
There should be a tester in the box that takes the paper clip out of the question. If you still have the box, it will be a 24 pin connector with a single jumper wire that attached the the motherboard end of the wire. Give that a glance and see if it is there?
Tech_RayH
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 834
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: EVGA 750 G3 2019/01/13 10:39:46 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ACETech 2019/01/13 11:28:06
We have a video on how to power clip test our power supplies. The tester is shown in the video. Link HERE.
There is no correct orientation of the power switch, as the orientation does not matter. The LED for power does need to be correct as running a diode backward will result in either no light or a burned out LED. The power switch just bridges the PS_On to ground, same as the paper clip (hence no specific orientation). The pins can be bridged with a flathead screw driver if you are concerned that the case power switch is not working.

...an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.
- Adlai E. Stevenson

ACETech
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA 750 G3 2019/01/13 10:55:07 (permalink)
Great help.

1st PSU I've used that has its own tester.  Great and the PSU fan did spin.   (We normally order standard PSU's for desktop that needs a replacement so the paper clip is always a handy tool.)  The boss may not get this little device back.

I relooked at the power switch diagram and I have it in the right pins but no joy on the case fans spinning.   I would normally think a mobo short with the case but I only used the risers that were there for a ATX mobo.

I do not have the mem, cpu, or hdd's installed yet.   would this keep fans spinning?   again the equipment in this build is about $2000

Suggested next step?
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile