EVGA

Will precision X1 ever be fixed?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
demontrace
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/05/12 17:45:10 (permalink)
Sajin
Deciding not to buy evga hardware because precision has issues is a big mistake imo.

Lol, I'm so surprised the forum mod would defend EVGA, and offer no other ideas. It's exactly what I said in my post, and you guys behave like clockwork.
In fact, this response is further fuel to the fire, and has guaranteed no further EVGA purchases. This forum is useless with such blind defenders. You already know your answer is skewed with responses like these, and the people who buy your products feel like they're standing in an echo chamber.
bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/05/12 17:54:59 (permalink)
demontrace
Sajin
Deciding not to buy evga hardware because precision has issues is a big mistake imo.

Lol, I'm so surprised the forum mod would defend EVGA, and offer no other ideas. It's exactly what I said in my post, and you guys behave like clockwork.
In fact, this response is further fuel to the fire, and has guaranteed no further EVGA purchases. This forum is useless with such blind defenders. You already know your answer is skewed with responses like these, and the people who buy your products feel like they're standing in an echo chamber.

Very Funny only because Sajin does not use PXOC or PX1 and Pushing MSI Afterburner here on the Forum.
But I will say Welcome to the Forum anyway to you;
demontrace
I'm going to have to weigh in here as well. I can't stand the Precision software. There is no documentation for it. You have to come to the forums for insight, and even then I feel like there are no concrete answers. A lot of runarounds and defending of EVGA, but never a solution other than uninstall it, and install MSI Afterburner. I feel this is inexcusable. I really just want the software to work flawlessly, but it's so underpowered compared to Afterburner, and is even losing features.

Where's pixel clock adjustment? You had it in the previous version of this software. Now we have an upgrade that removes decision making. There's no UI or screen in the options for the Precision Server. You can't mess around with frame rate limits from any options screen. You have to set keyboard hotkeys to even have a chance of turning it on.

You do a scan, and seemingly it only deals with clock speeds, in a vague way, with vague results. "+125" is what I got back, and that's it. No tooltips, no suggestions, and certainly no help option. When I feel I have no choice but to use a competitors software, I feel the inclination to only use his hardware as well. You'd think their software was made especially for their hardware. After using EVGA software, and feeling like I've been thrown to the wolves, I don't feel so good about the chances of me buying more EVGA hardware.

Welcome to the Forum and a place for Members to Members helping each other.
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/05/12 17:59:38

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Void65231
  • Total Posts : 99
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/05/12 20:28:00 (permalink)
I’m pretty sure well sajin is a moderator on these forums he’s not actually employed by Evga. Instead he was appointed one by Evga staff because he’s a very active, and helpful user. At least that’s the impression I get.

Most forums operate on a community support basis where users help users, and actual Evga staff are limited to those allowed to speak on behalf of Evga as a support representative. I’d still highly recommend calling or emailing Evga to create a support ticket for any issues your experiencing with precision x1 instead of hoping your issue will get picked up by Evga staff on these forums.

Evga 24 hour technical support number:
tel:1-888-881-3842
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/05/15 10:54:06 (permalink)
Best place for feedback - as mention back in Post #33

https://www.evga.com/support/suggestions.asp

As far as Buggy Software ....

@demontrace  OK, your very frustrated ... got it.  X1 is Not Plug & Play in your experience

I have no idea about your PC, software or skill set ... it can take testing to make software run .... I'm on an Older version of X1 for Months with No issues
- full disclosure I do Not use OSD - I am Folding 24/7 with OC on my EVGA 2080 Ti ... see RTX Project for details

Moderators are Also Forums Members ---> this is a Member to Member Support based Forum --> We are trying to Help by sharing what Does Work --> based on Our experiences or what Other Members choose to share in their Posts.

X1 was recently (05/13/2019) Updated again 3.17 is the newest

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

hellish
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/05/15 12:52:46 (permalink)
To be fair, just about every component manufacturer that I've dealt with produces pretty terrible software. MSI, Gigabyte and ASUS software (Gigabyte especially) are horrendous. Obviously, for most of these companies, software is an afterthought, but let's not pretend that EVGA is alone in this. They may have a better excuse of being a smaller company, but on a whole, none of these companies should release such terrible software, especially the multi-billion-dollar conglomerates like Gigabyte.

There needs to be a sea-change in the way that these companies deal with their software development. I knew personally the man that developed the very complex mIRC Internet-Relay-Chat program for years on IRC, and that software had its fair share of bugs at first, but the guy developed it on his own, in his free time, and it became a really solid, user friendly piece of software, and it was the premiere application for using IRC, and is still used today by the military for encrypted UAV MOS (15W) operations and field and surveillance communications. 

So.. yeah. I think it's about high time that companies begin to take their software development more seriously. The reason they rush out these hackjob apps? Because hardware advances, or used to, at such a rate that by the time they're done programming a piece of software for the current components, the company is already done working on the next iteration of the hardware. It's not easy, but it could still definitely be better, and needs to be. But let's face it, we're coming up toward the end of PC building and usage as we know it. 

Moore's law no longer applies like it has in the past, so improvements are more and more iterative and the end user will no longer want to buy into the next evolution of hardware because it'll be such a minute improvement, minute improvements that have R&D costs on the same or higher level than that of previous, larger improvements, causing the companies to look elsewhere for their next big market. So companies that currently target the gaming market are going to start pushing in to other areas of development (like AMD is currently doing) because the rat race has slowed to a crawl, and people are most definitely going to move toward console and remote gaming, renting virtual machines, etc. instead of building a computer in their home. 

It's coming, and I'll say that within the next 5-10 years, probably less, we'll no longer need to worry about these issues to such an extent, but other ones instead, like privacy and the availability of components and ability to build personal computers, or even store data locally, in our homes. I believe custom built PC's will be a very niche thing, if a thing at all, and the hardware within most end user systems will become more and more proprietary, and therefore less accessible and customizable as time moves on. Look at companies like Apple for what the future holds, if you dare. Ugh.. 

Anyone of the near future that wants a custom machine, will either be doing so with antiquated components or with a much more knowledgeable understanding of microelectronics than your average PC builder, and will be modifying the highly dense and complicated proprietary systems that will be selling as "PC's" and "gaming consoles" with the intent to improve upon the functionality and/or unlock features otherwise unavailable under the platform. More engineer than enthusiast. 

smh.. I hate it, but it's true. So, in the grand scheme of things, these companies know their days as gaming component manufacturers are numbered, so who cares if the software sucks? In a few years, it won't even matter anymore. One day, they'll just all jump ship and move into other avenues of component manufacturing. I know it's difficult to test against thousands of different combinations of software and hardware to bring about a functional piece of software, but still, until the homebrew PC market has closed, let's try to put out some decent damn software, please?

Thanks
post edited by hellish - 2019/05/15 17:46:43
Graphite8five
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 660
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/05/16 01:49:19 (permalink)
Interesting read @hellish. 

Maximus XI Hero, 8700K 5Ghz delid, EKWB Custom loop ,Dominator RGB 3400Mhz 16GB, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 EK Vector, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Asus PG349Q 34" 120hz G-Sync, Phanteks Eclipse P600S. 
Pyro5151
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/06/08 09:41:24 (permalink)
Also one thing that does suck it can cause stutters while gaming but not in benchmarks is there a way to force fan stop to be off while using msi afterburner which doesn't cause me stutters while gaming or would there have to be something done in the vbios to force fanstop to be off or am I sol and stuck with using x1 beta until they fix the performance regressions while gaming while physically having the task running for having a overclock on fan curve on the fan over the core and the power delivery on a 1070 sc2 
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/06/08 09:59:44 (permalink)
Pyro5151
Also one thing that does suck it can cause stutters while gaming but not in benchmarks is there a way to force fan stop to be off while using msi afterburner which doesn't cause me stutters while gaming or would there have to be something done in the vbios to force fanstop to be off or am I sol and stuck with using x1 beta until they fix the performance regressions while gaming while physically having the task running for having a overclock on fan curve on the fan over the core and the power delivery on a 1070 sc2 

Set, apply & save to profile a Fixed Fan % --> then close X1 & run AB if that is your preferred OC software

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

DuRKe
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 164
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/06/11 17:03:58 (permalink)
assassin37
Everytime a new beta is released , I install and check if the keyboard-lcd-osd functionality is working(never is), then I uninstall and turn on afterburner, because it works . I like seeing my gpu, cpu temps and ram usage in my logitech g13(ancient). This feels like the Battlefield 5 patch issue all over again. In this day and age many things are much easier and more streamlined , and just work. Back in the day you needed a workaround for everything. Like having to edit your autoexec.bat just to play a game with more than 4 megabytes of ram. As frustrating as this PX1 issue is I am willing to patiently wait because since 2003 EVGA has always been THE best company in terms of customer service , with RMA's and what not. That being said please add keyboard osd functionality asap, thanks Jacob and crew!

I love my old Logi keyboard with little display showing my temps and stuff!  Still using XOC 6.1.6 because it works with keyboard and my 1080 Ti FTW3....and I don't want any potential problems with a newer version of software. 

EVGA Affiliate Code: 4L5-TLY-XCOQ

EVGA Z170 Classified K | 6700k | EVGA  1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA 750 G3 | 12GB Corsair RAM | 950 pro m.2 | 850 Evo | H100iv2 | Win 7 64-bit | 378.78 | Precision XOC 6.1.0
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10102
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/06/11 18:01:35 (permalink)
demontrace
Sajin

Other brands of overclocking software work with EVGa cards while only EVGA offers the step-up program and is known for customer care. I know I am a moderator myself so it seems like I am defending the brand but just look at the number of people who have accounts that are five or ten years old here that to me says a lot about the brand when people stick with it for a long period.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Brettahtah
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/09/08 23:00:12 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one
I know very little about programming, but I would assume that it is not an easy task to figure out what every single person using the software is using, and know how to remove the issues.  With Precision X1, EVGA has been pushing updates much faster than before.  

<rant>
I built a system with evga motherboard, evga 2070 xc, evga supernova 1000w, evga clc 280.... Evga precision x1 doesn't even work with their own hardware being the main makeup of a system.... THIS IS WHAT TESTING IS FOR EVGA SHOULD HAVE TESTED AT THE VERY LEAST USING THEIR OWN HARDWARE! This has nothing to do with a lack of bug reports this is just plain sloppy and poor workmanship. If they want to see more cash from me and others like me they better get on to testing and fixing bugs. You seem to think it is nigh impossible to fix bugs but it isn't, they just seem to not give a damn, either that or they have very little time and resources dedicated to software development. They should be embarrassed about how poorly their own software, BUILT FOR THESE CARDS, performs.

Anyone who thinks they need to come defend against the words I have left here today is just a hardcore fan who knows nothing but how to follow the pack. Open your mind dont be a mindless follower who gets offended when someone points out flaws. FYI evga happens to be my favorite brand but the software is (Deleted for Foul Language) and needs a ton of attention... I boot my PC and random things are always changed, boost lock is on when I didn't leave it that way, profiles do not save correctly, power gets downclocked to 97, fans get turned to 0rpm causing my card to almost overheat. These are just a few of the many problems. This software is basically unusable. I cant save anything it never saves right and always randomly turns fans to 0 regardless of my settings. You find this information offensive keep it to yourself we want results not some stupid fanboy argument. Jesus some of you act like we just slapped your mother.
</rant>

*edit* 

I forgot to mention, EVGA Flow Control, EVGA ELEET, both built for the hardware in my system, also prove to be almost unusable... And don't even get me started on LED Sync. EVGA you need to sort out this software (Deleted) or you probably will lose a good amount of money from people who like the hardware but are not mindless follower fanboys

*edit #2*

DG tuner, is also (Deleted for Foul Language) 
post edited by XrayMan - 2019/09/14 17:52:24
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/09/14 17:54:41 (permalink)

*Reminder not to use Foul Language in the Evga forums.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Brettahtah
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/09/18 23:23:38 (permalink)
XrayMan

*Reminder not to use Foul Language in the Evga forums.

Sorry I was heated and forgot some people are offended by foul language and that there is a rule against it.
kindofabuzz
  • Total Posts : 62
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/09/20 16:25:58 (permalink)
Brettahtah
the_Scarlet_one
I know very little about programming, but I would assume that it is not an easy task to figure out what every single person using the software is using, and know how to remove the issues.  With Precision X1, EVGA has been pushing updates much faster than before.  

<rant>
I built a system with evga motherboard, evga 2070 xc, evga supernova 1000w, evga clc 280.... Evga precision x1 doesn't even work with their own hardware being the main makeup of a system.... THIS IS WHAT TESTING IS FOR EVGA SHOULD HAVE TESTED AT THE VERY LEAST USING THEIR OWN HARDWARE! This has nothing to do with a lack of bug reports this is just plain sloppy and poor workmanship. If they want to see more cash from me and others like me they better get on to testing and fixing bugs. You seem to think it is nigh impossible to fix bugs but it isn't, they just seem to not give a damn, either that or they have very little time and resources dedicated to software development. They should be embarrassed about how poorly their own software, BUILT FOR THESE CARDS, performs.

Anyone who thinks they need to come defend against the words I have left here today is just a hardcore fan who knows nothing but how to follow the pack. Open your mind dont be a mindless follower who gets offended when someone points out flaws. FYI evga happens to be my favorite brand but the software is (Deleted for Foul Language) and needs a ton of attention... I boot my PC and random things are always changed, boost lock is on when I didn't leave it that way, profiles do not save correctly, power gets downclocked to 97, fans get turned to 0rpm causing my card to almost overheat. These are just a few of the many problems. This software is basically unusable. I cant save anything it never saves right and always randomly turns fans to 0 regardless of my settings. You find this information offensive keep it to yourself we want results not some stupid fanboy argument. Jesus some of you act like we just slapped your mother.
</rant>

*edit* 

I forgot to mention, EVGA Flow Control, EVGA ELEET, both built for the hardware in my system, also prove to be almost unusable... And don't even get me started on LED Sync. EVGA you need to sort out this software (Deleted) or you probably will lose a good amount of money from people who like the hardware but are not mindless follower fanboys

*edit #2*

DG tuner, is also (Deleted for Foul Language) 

Works just fine for me.
Beaversqueeezer
  • Total Posts : 31
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/09/21 06:43:41 (permalink)
i just hate uninstalling and installing every time i update my drivers. If i don't my gpu will run at 90 degrees and only 2 fans will run on my ftw card.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/09/23 13:50:48 (permalink)
Version 1.0.0.0Release: 9/20/2019
  • Improvements to "Boost Lock" feature for compatibility. To set a locked clock, once you enable Boost Lock, you set the clock using offsets.
  • Now shows 4 digits on system tray OSD.
  • Various other fixes.

bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 994
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Will precision X1 ever be fixed? 2019/10/01 11:50:27 (permalink)
With each version that is released, I hope my problem with the software will be fixed, but it never is.
https://forums.evga.com/Better-overclocking-results-with-the-old-Precision-XOC-software-than-Precision-X1-m2988640.aspx
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile