EVGA

Does Best Buy sell rebranded merchandise?

Author
gamernut78
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 383
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/01/10 13:30:36 (permalink)
Title says it all. Cuz I am considering purchasing this https://www.bestbuy.com/s...162997.p?skuId=6162997

I know they sell rebranded video cards which I never knew in the past and I currently own one which is an EVGA 1060 6GB SSC. However the clocks are the same as EVGA 1060 SC version that is sold on the site. My card isn't sold on the site but the serial number is registered to Best Buy. I can tell they have connected programs with EVGA and other companies. I told myself I would NEVER purchase a video card from them anymore. I would love to get a EVGA 1080Ti card for my new build. Not sure what is the best motherboard besides ASUS ROG STRIX E Gaming motherboard. I just want the best and I will not being doing any overclocking til few years later unless I hire someone to do 5ghz for me stable testing lol. I personally know how to overclock with stock volts but never manual voltage vrm tweaking. No thanks. No experience in that area and I will NOT risk it. 

So anyways do they rebrand processors too? Or is it just video cards? I just wanna be sure I am not making a mistake. I do plan to purchase motherboards and RAM specifically from Micro Center since they are cheaper and they price match everything or perhaps online Amazon. Micro Center is quicker but I just dislike their tax fee! Get back to me on this PC gamers!

Please help me earn some bucks to save money in the future as a team player and gamer!
My Rewards Program Code: 6JD2JTSGVP

8 Replies Related Threads

Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8328
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: Does Best Buy sell rebranded merchandise? 2019/01/10 14:12:12 (permalink)
    Wait a minute...first off...Microcenter has the same processor for $349.99

https://www.microcenter.com/product/486088/core-i7-8700k-coffee-lake-37-ghz-lga-1151-boxed-processor

In addition, you get another extra $50 savings when you bundle with a motherboard.  I don't know tax free from MC, since there is one about six miles from where I live.  I wouldn't be a big fan of purchasing from Best Buy...

I don't think there is a rebranding of Intel products at Best Buy, anyways.  I have seen Western Digital make external Hard Drives for Best Buy...I have seen Best Buy video cards from some companies.  Each have their own skew numbers and are still warrantied by the original companies. 
    post edited by bobmitch - 2019/01/10 14:13:47

MSI MAG X670-E Tomahawk;  Ryzen 7 7800X3D; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 PSU; 32 GB  Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 RGB; Corsair iCue Link H150i RGB 360MM AIO; 2-Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z;  Lian Li Lancool III; EVGA Z15 Keyboard; Razer Viper 8K Mouse

Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

gamernut78
    iCX Member
    Re: Does Best Buy sell rebranded merchandise? 2019/01/10 14:17:00 (permalink)
    Well the reason why I asked is because I have a credit card for Best Buy and it's the only way to purchase it. Yes Micro Center is cheaper but my Aunt cannot buy it at Micro Center at the moment and I can use the credit card via Best Buy. Then I pay for the rest of the parts at Micro Center myself. I know it is pointless when it is cheaper at Micro Center. I would love to convince my aunt to let me purchase it from Micro Center instead since it is way cheaper but o well. Credit Card purchases has no tax involved lol. However it's stupid to pay more but my Aunt didn't care. I guess it's a win situation anyways. So I doubt there would be any rebranding from Best Buy anyways too.

Please help me earn some bucks to save money in the future as a team player and gamer!
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Does Best Buy sell rebranded merchandise? 2019/01/10 19:50:07 (permalink)

It's either sold as new, or sold as an open box item.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Does Best Buy sell rebranded merchandise? 2019/01/10 20:21:30 (permalink)
    The current meta-game for retailers for price matching is that they have the manufacturers make an exclusive SKU for their retail outlets so it can't be price matched to other retailers because the SKU is exclusive to whatever retailer it is -- Walmart, Best Buy Microcrenter, etc... In the case of EVGA, the last 2 letters in the product number make it a unique SKU. It also denotes the warranty duration.
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: Does Best Buy sell rebranded merchandise? 2019/01/11 00:38:15 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    The current meta-game for retailers for price matching is that they have the manufacturers make an exclusive SKU for their retail outlets so it can't be price matched to other retailers because the SKU is exclusive to whatever retailer it is -- Walmart, Best Buy Microcrenter, etc... In the case of EVGA, the last 2 letters in the product number make it a unique SKU. It also denotes the warranty duration.

^^ +1 
    gamernut78
    iCX Member
    Re: Does Best Buy sell rebranded merchandise? 2019/01/11 02:45:09 (permalink)
    Interesting. I just recently price matched Micro Center to Best Buy and purchased a i7 8700k processor recently. Hope I will enjoy this processor for years to come.

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Does Best Buy sell rebranded merchandise? 2019/01/11 20:00:49 (permalink)
    gamernut78
    Interesting. I just recently price matched Micro Center to Best Buy and purchased a i7 8700k processor recently. Hope I will enjoy this processor for years to come.

You will.         

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Does Best Buy sell rebranded merchandise? 2019/01/11 20:13:26 (permalink)
    XrayMan
    gamernut78

You will.         

Congrats on getting the price match

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile