EVGA

NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang on Radeon VII: "Underwhelming (...) the Performance is Lousy"

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang on Radeon VII: "Underwhelming (...) the Performance is Lousy" 2019/01/11 06:41:04 (permalink)
New AMD VIIIIIIIIIIII

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang on Radeon VII: "Underwhelming (...) the Performance is Lousy" 2019/01/11 06:52:36 (permalink)
The card is ugly so it better perform. When you see an ugly man with a beautiful woman, you know it's because......he can throw down some fps!
MadmanRB
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 339
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang on Radeon VII: "Underwhelming (...) the Performance is Lousy" 2019/01/11 07:19:38 (permalink)
You see this is why I want Navi to be good, and in a way thanks to this i am glad its delayed so that AMD can put more into it to make it undercut Nvidia.
To me Ray tracing does not interest me, maybe in a few years when its perfected and more games support it but not now.
I just want AMD to have a ryzen for GPU's already, they came close with Vega but not close enough.

howdyho1
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 236
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang on Radeon VII: "Underwhelming (...) the Performance is Lousy" 2019/01/11 08:16:39 (permalink)
panzlock
The card is ugly so it better perform. When you see an ugly man with a beautiful woman, you know it's because......he can throw down some fps!

Very Clever!  I was ROTFL. 

i9-7900X | Asus ROG STRIX X299E | Custom loop | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 | EVGA 3090 K|NGP|N with Optimus block | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz DDR4 | 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME | 2x 4TB WD Black | DG-87 case | 3x LG 27" 4k |  HyperX Alloy Elite 2 kbd | HyperX Pulsefire Haste mse | HyperX Pulsefire RGB mat

Heatware: https://www.heatware.com/u/96922/to

panzlock
FTW Member
Re: NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang on Radeon VII: "Underwhelming (...) the Performance is Lousy" 2019/01/11 11:22:24 (permalink)
MadmanRB
You see this is why I want Navi to be good, and in a way thanks to this i am glad its delayed so that AMD can put more into it to make it undercut Nvidia.
To me Ray tracing does not interest me, maybe in a few years when its perfected and more games support it but not now.
I just want AMD to have a ryzen for GPU's already, they came close with Vega but not close enough.

There's no reason why anyone would want either of these companies to fail unless they enjoy being gouged by monopolies. In any competitive arena there will be someone/something that performs better in some way and fanfare rhetoric will reflect brand loyalty despite any irrelevance or insignificance, particularly when a new feature is added. I, like most gamers, have no use for DXR and will more than likely never find interest in it, but it may be present in my future upgrades due to standard integration. 

I have seen people brag about upgrading from a 970 to a 980 Ti, to a 1080 Ti, to a Titan Xp, to a 2080 Ti and finally to a Titan RTX. SAME GUY. Why??? Same reason morons wait in a line in increment weather for a $1000 iphone.

At these prices it makes little sense to upgrade with the current technology, regardless of vendor. Assembling from scratch allows flexibility given the amount of Pascal stock still available.

Vega is not a bad performing card, this comment based on experience. What essentially did seal it's fate was AMD raising prices of their Vega GPU, which was further compounded by unavailability. I saw some cards selling for $1500 USD as a result. Ridiculous given gaming AND compute performance. The ONLY 2 reasons why I bought one was because my daughter wanted an AMD card (it was her build) and I got the best deal ever. I would have otherwise waited for prices to drop.

post edited by panzlock - 2019/01/11 11:24:56
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang on Radeon VII: "Underwhelming (...) the Performance is Lousy" 2019/01/14 14:06:28 (permalink)
panzlock

Nvidia: "This has RTX technology.:

Consumer: "...I'm still skeptical about this."

Nvidia: "It just works."

Consumer: "......I'LL TAKE TWO!!!"

This is how propaganda takes hold of a mind when you pound the cerebellum with enough force.

I only took one but it doesn't count right?..........Right?!  

All joking aside, I needed one coming from a pair of 780s on 3GB of VRAM on a 1440p 144hz screen.  I was able to purchase one for an amazing price because of the EVGA Bucks I had saved up otherwise this GPU I have here wouldn't exist and I missed the price increase by a few weeks so I guess I got lucky there.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang on Radeon VII: "Underwhelming (...) the Performance is Lousy" 2019/01/15 18:41:15 (permalink)
Vega2 is just what its named, Vega.
AMD made vega (with little changes and a shrink) as fast as a 2080. This is big deal for AMD to take an old tech and to catch up with nvidia in terms of FPS (all that matters in mybook).
So Navi (coming this year) should be pretty cool.

I think Jensen may have seen it this way. Im sure he's upset with the fall in his company’s share prices, opening up to Freesync, and his only competitor playing catch up with a stinky old Vega getting a 7nm refresh.

panzlock
FTW Member
Re: NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang on Radeon VII: "Underwhelming (...) the Performance is Lousy" 2019/01/16 09:00:54 (permalink)
seth89
Vega2 is just what its named, Vega.
AMD made vega (with little changes and a shrink) as fast as a 2080. This is big deal for AMD to take an old tech and to catch up with nvidia in terms of FPS (all that matters in mybook).
So Navi (coming this year) should be pretty cool.

I think Jensen may have seen it this way. Im sure he's upset with the fall in his company’s share prices, opening up to Freesync, and his only competitor playing catch up with a stinky old Vega getting a 7nm refresh.

They need to reduce TDP, though. Although 300W(?) is not a tragedy given the gains, they will get slaughtered in reviews if they don't address heat at 7nm. Triple cooler design indicates they may be trying to expel a lot of heat. The directly competing RTX 2080 sits at 215W, remember.

Anandtech also reports a dismal compute gain of 9% over Vega 10:  "Still, it’s important to keep in mind that from a pure FP32 throughput standpoint, the Vega 20 GPU was meant to be more of a sidegrade to Vega 10 than a performance upgrade; on paper the new card only has a 9% compute throughput advantage. So it’s not on compute throughput where Radeon VII’s real winning charm lies."

https://www.anandtech.com...m-february-7th-for-699

But I suppose this will be a good stop gap until Navi has evolved. Better put the right toppings on that sandwich. Some people don't like them spicy.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile