RGB Corsair and Aura

Author
Mutt Slayer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 11
2018/12/31 08:50:46 (permalink)
Finally bit the bullet and bought a motherboard. The Z390 Dark isn't showing up and my parts will be out of "return" warranty soon.
I ended up with Asus Formula. Asus uses the 4 pin 12V RGB headers. I have planned to use Corsair LL120's which use different system all together.
My question is this. I have two EK Pump/res combos that are RGB, an EK Rgb waterblock as examples. I will not have enough rgb 12v headers to plug them into. I will have to use a splitter. If I use a splitter, will both reservoir's as an example follow the exact same instructions or can they be broken out? Say one purple color and one green color. Or will they both be purple or green?

I plan to try and use Sync+ with Corsair's Icue together with Asus aura so they sync together. I just not sure how the 12V aura style fit in when daisy chained or split.

Thanks

I7 9900K, Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula, EVGA RTX 2080 TI Black, EVGA 1600T2 psu, Thermaltake Tower 900, Samsung 970 EVO MVMeM2, G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3600 CL15, EKWB D5 rgb pump res combo with 400 mm reservoirs. Corsair LL120 X 4, LL140 X 2, NOCTUA NF-f12 X 3, EK XE 480 and black ice 360 Radiators, Custom LED lights, PetG tubing.

5 Replies Related Threads

alexjheck
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: RGB Corsair and Aura 2019/04/13 16:06:50 (permalink)
    *BUMP*
    Mutt Slayer
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 307
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: RGB Corsair and Aura 2019/06/04 06:35:45 (permalink)
    An update.
    For all practical purposes, I went strictly to Corsairs system. I replaced all the LED's in the EK pump with 5V Corsair compatible LED's I made them from a string I bought off of Amazon and soldered connectors/wires to them. Turned out great. Did the same with case LED's. Took same string and custom made them to fit and operate with Corsairs Lighting node pro and Corsair commander. Because of the sheer number of LED's I also soldered on a molex connector to connect directly to the psu so I wouldn't overload a header. So far so good!

The Asus software has a terrible track record so better to go with software that's working better.

I7 9900K, Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula, EVGA RTX 2080 TI Black, EVGA 1600T2 psu, Thermaltake Tower 900, Samsung 970 EVO MVMeM2, G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3600 CL15, EKWB D5 rgb pump res combo with 400 mm reservoirs. Corsair LL120 X 4, LL140 X 2, NOCTUA NF-f12 X 3, EK XE 480 and black ice 360 Radiators, Custom LED lights, PetG tubing.

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: RGB Corsair and Aura 2019/06/04 12:20:32 (permalink)
    Glad to hear it worked out good. If anyone is thinking about a splitter it’s important to see how much power the header is able to put out. I have seen some splitters that have more headers then you can use in a PC setup but work fine for a room setup.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RGB Corsair and Aura 2019/06/04 12:39:39 (permalink)
    Mutt Slayer
    An update.
    For all practical purposes, I went strictly to Corsairs system. I replaced all the LED's in the EK pump with 5V Corsair compatible LED's I made them from a string I bought off of Amazon and soldered connectors/wires to them. Turned out great. Did the same with case LED's. Took same string and custom made them to fit and operate with Corsairs Lighting node pro and Corsair commander. Because of the sheer number of LED's I also soldered on a molex connector to connect directly to the psu so I wouldn't overload a header. So far so good!

The Asus software has a terrible track record so better to go with software that's working better.

Hoggle
    Glad to hear it worked out good. If anyone is thinking about a splitter it’s important to see how much power the header is able to put out. I have seen some splitters that have more headers then you can use in a PC setup but work fine for a room setup.

@ Mutt Slayer

Would be interesting to see some Pictures of your work

Maybe even a Build Log Thread in the Mods Rigs section of the Forums
    Home » All Forums » [Computer Hardware/Software] » EVGA MODS RIGS

@ Hoggle   

This is Helpful   How to calculate the total RGB LED power draw?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: RGB Corsair and Aura 2019/06/04 13:39:56 (permalink)
    alexjheck
    *BUMP*

You are not allowed to bump a thread on the EVGA forums

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile